Levity....BILL PARCELLS is coaching the COWBOYS.

Skeptic

Reaction score
Guys, I sense a lot of egotistic tendencies around here.

Allow me to give a bit of a wake-up.

BILL PARCELLS is coaching the COWBOYS.

Yeah, we went 5-11 last year.

Remember Chan Gailey? Remember Dave Campo?

Yeah.

Something I feel is lost on a lot of members (and even before the last board) is that we have a REAL COACH.

Forget 2004. That was an exercise in failure, both at the QB level (testaverde) as well as at the HB level (George, Anderson).

We are at at nexus as Dallas fans.

Yeah. Bledsoe is a Cowboy.

Yeah. Keyshawn is a Cowboy.

Yeah. Jason is a Cowboy.

But never, EVER before 1995, have I felt this straight up COCKY as a Dallas fan.

We make 10-6. Mark it down. Write it in stone if you need to.

This is a team primed with defensive and offensive talent, and if you're not on board, you're waiting for the week 3 bandwagon.

Get on board, because for the first time since Hambrick and Carter were here....we're ready.

Count me as a kool-aid drinker.

See you a-holes in November.

Manster68

Reaction score
So tell me how you really feel.

Hey, I am confident that Dallas will perform much better than last season. Like I've said many times before, Dallas' two biggest reasons for the 6-10 record last season was a lack of pass rush and quality depth at running back. Both of those areas were addressed by numerous, quality players.

The key to success in 2005 will be HOW WELL AND HOW FAST PARCELLS MOLDS THE PLAYERS TOGETHER (youth and veteran) TO FUNCTION AS ONE UNIT. There are a lot of new faces in Dallas.

I guess after years of 5-11 & 6-10, Dallas fans will now need to see before believing. Well, most of them.

Roughneck

Reaction score
a. Dig the ATHF avatar

b. Me thinks you've had a few (dozen?) cervezas this evening

c. Awesome Post

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I think there's something to be said for a coach that took a team with Carter and Hambrick to the playoffs. However, every year presents their own obstacles -- such as Jones getting hurt last season, among other things.

Things look much better as we currently sit than they did a year ago, but questions remain. The talent has been improved on defense, but its impact will not be truly felt if a majority of the players struggle with the transition through the first three-to-five games.

And, as we know, one significant injury can change the course of a season.

But, I agree with your overall premise. Having Parcells gives this squad a significant advantage, kool-aid or not.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
nothing like a good ole-fashioned vent now and then. i've sure been guilty. PWI (Posting While Intoxicated)? been there done that.

it's been a long off-season. for all of us "a-holes".

Manster68

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if Cowboy fans realize just how little in talent and pathetic ther Cowboys were from the time Aikman and Galloway got injured in 2000, through 2002?

It is going to take time to get back on the winning track. Parcells is doing a heck of a job. How he got that 2003 team in the playoffs is beyond me. The 1997 6-10 team had much more talent than the 2003 team. Getting a repeat playoff season last year was nearly impossible (especially with all of the injuries).

The bright spot is that the 2005 Cowboys will be much different than the 2004 Cowboys.

When all is said and done, Dallas just might have had their best offseason in years (or ever).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Skeptic said:

Yeah.

Something I feel is lost on a lot of members (and even before the last board) is that we have a REAL COACH.

Forget 2004. That was an exercise in failure, both at the QB level (testaverde) as well as at the HB level (George, Anderson).

Yeah. Jason is a Cowboy.

But never, EVER before 1995, have I felt this straight up COCKY as a Dallas fan.

This is a team primed with defensive and offensive talent, and if you're not on board, you're waiting for the week 3 bandwagon.

Get on board, because for the first time since Hambrick and Carter were here....we're ready.

I like this post. Just the right amount of "in your face" pep talk feel to it. I'll go you one better. We'll go 11-5.

I think we'll have some struggles, but we're going to see a team with a lot of heart.

ravidubey

Reaction score
If our three best receivers stay healthy and play all 16 games I think Dallas wins the division after a close three-way race.

Reaction score
Atta way to rattle some cages Skeptic! I'm with you. We're going to the playoffs this season. No comparison between what we fielded last season and this years squad. Thanks to Parcells.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I have always felt more comfortable with Parcells, the only Question, I had when he took the job was weather his Heart was really into it. Once he showed me he had that same old fire, I was Sold!. No more Game Management clueless coaches like Gailey and Campo!.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
a. Dig the ATHF avatar

c. Awesome Post

Responding to c), I had some Limp Bizkit going in my ear and reading that rant went really well with it. Love the optimism, I am on board for a 10 win season!

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
Skeptic said:

Yeah.

Yeah. Jason is a Cowboy.

Im glad to be a Cowboys fan.
This speech man.
Just put me on cloud 9.
This speech man.
Was like a emotion, love, and alot of respect for your team.
This speech man.
Put tears to my heart.

:)

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
Lets try the impossible if Parcells crazy plan by destructing the Cowboys work...

I say 16-0 Super Bowl Victory....Then I will say forget Bryant and Carter...

Skeptic

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
a. Dig the ATHF avatar

c. Awesome Post

A. Master Shake is Brilliant.

B. I had more than a few last night (ouch.)

C. Thanks.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Skeptic said:

Yeah. Jason is a Cowboy.

Bledsoe and Keyshawn don't inspire me to cockyness, more like fear. We have done nothing to be cocky about. "For now" i will humbly follow the Cowboys.

followthestar

Reaction score
i want to take a minute to list some of the reasons i'm optimistic. agree or not, this is simply my take on it. i won't list the bad, as i think that list is as speculative as this one, admittedly...

1. from the coaching staff on down we have improved, but let me start by saying the indoctrination of the team - molding it into Parcells' image - is nearly complete. the coaches we have brought in will improve this team on several levels.

2. QB Drew Bledsoe, i have to believe, will be an upgrade. i watched vinny throw a couple of games away last season with bone-headed mistakes. the kind of losses that killed all hope for a winning season. bledsoe won't make as many of those kinds of mistakes, and whoever may be called in as backup will be better prepared and with a better supporting cast than previously. more likely to succeed, i should think.

3. we WILL have a serious running game this year, and all year. not only jones but thomas and barber plus the FB position give us needed depth and needed change of pace as the situation dictates. it will be nice to have a smashmouth offense again, and be the smasher not the smashee.

4. the OL will be leaps and bounds over last year. allen especially seems poised to return to dominance - he will be viewed come season end as an overachiever not an underachiever. Johnson at center is a guy everyone seems high on, and being flanked opposite LA by a veteran leader like Rivera will give us a very formidable front, whoever wins the RT spot. Adams on the other end didn't go to the pro bowl just because of good looks - Flozell "the Hotel" Adams will carry his share. having campbell back healthy and rested and rarin' to go as one of the finest blocking TEs in the league won't hurt either, but i digress...

5. DL i wont go into too deeply, but anyone who believes the arrivals of Ferguson, Spears, Canty, Ratliff, and at times Ware isn't going to improve this unit - under whatever scheme - isn't paying attention. Ellis and/ or Glover may grumble a bit, but having these veterans healthy and fresh late in the game and the season will pay dividends down the stretch. when we grab a championship trophy again, whether division or league, those sounds will be drowned out by cheers.

6. the LB position is a little harder to gauge, but nevertheless the additions of Ware and Burnett and the improved play of guys like shanle and thornton should hold up their end. i think they'll do ok.

7. the secondary should be a bright spot in our forecast, and nobody will argue this unit won't be much improved over last year. newman enters his third year a bit older and wiser, as well as healthier. he knows this year he'll have help on the other side, as well as an expectation of a pass rush to force the throw. Henry is the quiet one, and he'll go quietly about his business. Glenn is the veteran presence we lost with Woodson (all praise his name...) having to retire, and we'll have a solid nickle defense to match up with. Roy Williams will be able to play his game - let the others set them up and Roy will knock them down. real hard. nothing would please me more than to watch TO try to get past him again - i'll bet TO would lay down if he caught Roy in the corner of his eye...

8. what am i forgetting? WRs can't be worse and can only be better. Glenn will hopefully stay healthy longer, crayton is said to be pushing for the third spot so he must be impressing someone, morgan is supposedly working hard to refine his technique, and KJ is solid if unspectacular. it would be nice if this crowder kid turned out to be something.

9. let me not forget special teams. we may have found a very good punter in McBriar - he is still relatively new to this but appears to be getting better all the time, and he wasn't bad last year. Kicking is status quo - solid but unspectacular. overall, with a new position coach here as well, this group should be at least slightly improved.

10. attitude. this game is all about attitude. its something we haven't seen in Cowboyland for quite a while. the players, coaches, Jerry himself as well as the media and the fans - everyone can smell something cooking in Big D. this team is better across the board, and everyone knows it. the players feel it too, and since this game is played on the field, that's where it will manifest itself. the hunger, the desire, call it whatever you will - it translates to pancake blocks and leaping sideline catches and 4th-and-inches stops. and wins. lots more wins.

so there you have it, my reasons for optimism. sorry to ramble so long, but i have every reason to believe this team is destined to succeed. enjoy the show!