Lewis Neal to convert to FB?

tm1119

Reaction score
Something that only a handful of teams in the NFL still value apparently. Remember, we traded a draft pick for one this free agency period.

Didn’t lose a draft pick. Traded back 19 picks from the end of the 5th to the mid 6th. The definition of insignificant

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Olawale can pass protect and is a decent runner. They don't play RB that cannot block.

I didn't say RBs that cannot block play RB. Why would we automatically assume a free agent RB can't block? And the reality is Olawale only has 206 rushing yards over a 6 year career. Maybe there is potential for him to do more than that if he were thrust into a more prominent rushing role, but I think the odds are we would have seen more of it by now if that were true.

Heck, Alfred Morris might even be a 1 year option. Last I knew he wasn't signed.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I didn't say RBs that cannot block play RB. Why would we automatically assume a free agent RB can't block? And the reality is Olawale only has 206 rushing yards over a 6 year career. Maybe there is potential for him to do more than that if he were thrust into a more prominent rushing role, but I think the odds are we would have seen more of it by now if that were true.

Heck, Alfred Morris might even be a 1 year option. Last I knew he wasn't signed.

NCAA RB who are accomplished blockers are few and far between. Guys who can run and pass block go top 100. By the time you get to UDFA they are nonexistent. It's incumbent on you to show these UDFA that can block given the UDFA is your idea.

Olawale only got playing time starting 3 years ago. They have given him a carry a game since and he has produced at a 4.2 ypc clip. He is extremely effective as a pass blocker and talented as a pass catcher.

All I am saying is that if Neal shows promise at FB we could keep both.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Didn’t lose a draft pick. Traded back 19 picks from the end of the 5th to the mid 6th. The definition of insignificant

Gave Oakland the 173 pick for the 192 pick. Basically a pick-swap with Olawale mixed in.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Something that only a handful of teams in the NFL still value apparently. Remember, we traded a draft pick for one this free agency period.
I tihnk we just swapped picks (dropping 15 or 20 spots in the process) a six for a seventh. That doesn't make the guy we picked up bullet proof.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Isn't he the guy that showed a lot of promise at defensive tackle in preseason. Always always seeming to get pressure on the quarterback?

Reactions: BAT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well he is not going to make the roster as a FB because we traded for a FB,the best he can hope for is another year on the PS as a FB..

Yes. I would not be happy about this if I'm him. There's no chance he makes this roster as a fullback. Of course, he also probably realizes that there's little change at his height that he sticks on an NFL roster as a DE, so maybe he should view it that moving to fullback gives him a better chance of catching on somewhere.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I’d tell them no f’n way. Fullbacks are a dying breed that make no money and he has a future in the league on the DL. I’d simply laugh and say cut me please so I can get on with my career. No one that ever switches positions out of the blue like that is ever heard from again.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Same guy getting blown off the ball in must win games last year. B b but the defense is fine

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys keep turning my pet cats n to FBs. Neal could smash at FB tho. Please add a quality LG an run thru th East. Jamiaze at RB2/RB3 is cool by me...no need to draft a guy.