Lienart won!!

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I think Reggie Bush deserves it, he's the life of the team. He's very similiar to Eagles Brian Westbrook

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Bush and Peterson will have their chance next year.
Peterson would have had my vote. Best player I saw in college ball this year.

mbanx

Reaction score
The voting really shocked me, I got this from MSNBC

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6699579/

"Peterson, the freshman tailback, was second, White was third, Utah quarterback Alex Smith was fourth and Leinart’s teammate Reggie Bush was fifth in the voting."

I really did not see anybody being head and shoulders better than the next man honestly, but I thought White should have gotten it and probably would have had he not already won.

calico

Reaction score
It is crap. Benson not being there gives this no credit.

Reaction score
calico said:

LMAO, that's the funniest photoshop I've seen in quite a while. The gesturing Cal mascot in the background is great! :p

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
calico said:

Honestly, the Heisman is crap. It's given to the nation's best skill position instead of the nations' best player. And realistically, it's given to the nation's best QB or RB. How many defensive players have won it? It's kind of like the NFL's MVP award.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31 said:
Braylon Edwards or Mike Hart shouldve won it

ROSE BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!
For a WR to be considered over a RB or QB he would have to putting up numbers that wag tongues or be in a year when no RB or QB were amazing.

ghst187

Reaction score
Here are some things to think about....

In 2000, OU won the national championship, in the orange bowl, against the heisman trophy Qb'ed Fl St Seminoles.

Ironically, this year looks like a photocopy because:
1) OU played the same schedule this year playing teams in the same places they played in 2000
2) OU's closest and most difficult games were against Ok St and Tx A&M, same as this year
3) OU's QB probably should've won the Heisman but lost it to a more media friendly QB with much lesser stats, just like 2000 and Chris Weinke
4) Lee Corso picked against OU in every big game this year, just like 2000.
5) Lee Corso will probably pick USC to win, just like he picked Fl St in 2000.
6) The national championship game is in the Orange Bowl

If OU beats SC, I'll have to call my HS history teacher and admit that history was indeed worth studying because it does repeat itself.....eerie eh?

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Bush should have won it, he is the best player in college

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Here are some things to think about....

In 2000, OU won the national championship, in the orange bowl, against the heisman trophy Qb'ed Fl St Seminoles.

Ironically, this year looks like a photocopy because:
1) OU played the same schedule this year playing teams in the same places they played in 2000
2) OU's closest and most difficult games were against Ok St and Tx A&M, same as this year
3) OU's QB probably should've won the Heisman but lost it to a more media friendly QB with much lesser stats, just like 2000 and Chris Weinke
4) Lee Corso picked against OU in every big game this year, just like 2000.
5) Lee Corso will probably pick USC to win, just like he picked Fl St in 2000.
6) The national championship game is in the Orange Bowl

If OU beats SC, I'll have to call my HS history teacher and admit that history was indeed worth studying because it does repeat itself.....eerie eh?

Corso picked OU against Nebraska in 2000.