Life After Jerry

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Stephen is the Cowboys' chief operating officer, executive vice president, and director of player personnel. Charlotte is the Cowboys' executive vice president and chief brand officer. Jerry Jones Jr. is the Cowboys' chief sales and marketing officer/vice president.

People have numerous questions about jow Stephen will run the team when Jerry is out of the picture. But people often forget about the other two nepo babies involved in operations. How do we know he will inherit the ownership majority? How do we know there will not be a power struggle between Stephen, Jerry Jones Jr., and Charlotte?

Also, how do we know infighting over ownership stakes in other parts of their business empire will not bleed over to Cowboys operations?

Jerry Jones and his family are also involved in a number of operations, including:

Oil investments
Jerry Jones made his first million in the 1970s from oil investments and still invests in drilling opportunities

Real estate
The Jones family invests in retail and residential real estate projects in Dallas

Jerry Jones' net worth is estimated at $8.5 billion, primarily from his ownership stake in the Cowboys.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Stephen is certainly the favorite to step into JJ’s shoes. And that should make every fan nervous.

There is literally no light at the end of this tunnel. No hope to cling to. Just the morose resignation that this family is destroying the franchise we love— and making billions of dollars doing it— and there is not a damn thing we can do about it

CowboysRule

Reaction score
My hope is that their potential infighting and temptation for greed would result in selling the team. One can only dream.
If there is one thing Jerry is good at, it is business. I'm sure the future of the team has been well planned out and made air-tight through review of a large team of lawyers. The Jones won't be out of the picture any time soon.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
If there is one thing Jerry is good at, it is business. I'm sure the future of the team has been well planned out and made air-tight through review of a large team of lawyers. The Jones won't be out of the picture any time soon.
Never underestimate the simmering emotions of greed and jealousy. Anyone who's dealt with family and a estate after a funeral knows what i'm talking about.

Jipper

Reaction score
honestly - i think some of the drafting success goes to Stephen - and i am not insinuating its due to his football knowledge but rather his ability to take the inputs form the scouts and help arm people like WIll Mclay to make the decisions, all while selling into his dad.

I have hope that he will hire a GM

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Stephen is certainly the favorite to step into JJ’s shoes. And that should make every fan nervous.

There is literally no light at the end of this tunnel. No hope to cling to. Just the morose resignation that this family is destroying the franchise we love— and making billions of dollars doing it— and there is not a damn thing we can do about it
It’s a done deal that Stephen will take over. He’s already filling some of Jerry’s shoes.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Stephan has proven to be a man of hubris, a chip off the old block just like his dad. IMO, the only one with any brains and an ounce of humility is Charlotte. If Charlotte somehow was in charge, a very remote possibility, then I might have a little optimism, but with Stephan it will be more of the same. Will anyone in the Jones family ever turn all football matters over to the football experts? That is the billion dollar question.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Stephen is the Cowboys' chief operating officer, executive vice president, and director of player personnel. Charlotte is the Cowboys' executive vice president and chief brand officer. Jerry Jones Jr. is the Cowboys' chief sales and marketing officer/vice president.

People have numerous questions about jow Stephen will run the team when Jerry is out of the picture. But people often forget about the other two nepo babies involved in operations. How do we know he will inherit the ownership majority? How do we know there will not be a power struggle between Stephen, Jerry Jones Jr., and Charlotte?

Also, how do we know infighting over ownership stakes in other parts of their business empire will not bleed over to Cowboys operations?

Jerry Jones and his family are also involved in a number of operations, including:

Oil investments
Jerry Jones made his first million in the 1970s from oil investments and still invests in drilling opportunities

Real estate
The Jones family invests in retail and residential real estate projects in Dallas

Jerry Jones' net worth is estimated at $8.5 billion, primarily from his ownership stake in the Cowboys.
The only thing we can hope for is the family is divided and ends up selling the team. Cap boy takes over we would have to pray his ego is not like his fathers and he will actually hire real football people to run the office. Problem is he gets to go to work with daddy every day so I'm sure he thinks he has a great football mind for team building. Again , pray the family sells.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Stephan has proven to be a man of hubris, a chip off the old block just like his dad. IMO, the only one with any brains and an ounce of humility is Charlotte. If Charlotte somehow was in charge, a very remote possibility, then I might have a little optimism, but with Stephan it will be more of the same. Will anyone in the Jones family ever turn all football matters over to the football experts? That is the billion dollar question.
Charlotte is kind of ruthless. If you saw the Netflix special on the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, she told their Director to cut one of them that she felt was "too short". LOL

stiletto

Reaction score
Stephen was always the plan then his kids, or whoever. Jerry wanted a family dynasty. They are the Redneck Rooney's..

John813

Reaction score
Probably turn into the Bengals and Mike Brown level cheapness.
Fires all the pro scouts as free agents are let go for a reason.