Twitter: Lift the curse Jerry

Winonesoon

Reaction score
He's still convinced that those teams could have been coached by a circus chimp and won. :( Jimmy was the best evaluator of talent I've ever seen.

Parcells might have been a better coach but, Jimmy new his s***. Hell, Barry Switzer won with what Jimmy left!

That was some serious greedy Jerry Jones Days. He thought he had it figured out. Guess what, where did 25 years go?:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's still convinced that those teams could have been coached by a circus chimp and won. :( Jimmy was the best evaluator of talent I've ever seen.

Parcells might have been a better coach but, Jimmy new his s***. Hell, Barry Switzer won with what Jimmy left!

That was some serious greedy Jerry Jones Days. He thought he had it figured out. Guess what, where did 25 years go?:laugh::laugh:

Jimmy won on every level. He was a master motivator and evaluator of talent. Parcels was a great coach but Jimmy won just as many super bowls in half the career.

Rayman70

Reaction score
2 ways that Jerral can lift the curse. Unfortunately both must happen. One, He needs to put Jimmy J in the ROH. Lastly, he needs to be pushing up daisies to complete the task.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Jimmy timed his move from college to the pros perfectly. He understood the mindsets of the young men moving from college to the NFL. He also had a firm grasp of the programs producing quality NFL talent. As a Coach Jimmy's best quality was knowing when to get out of the way and let his assistants and team captains do their job. He wasn't a great X's and O's guy, but for those Cowboys teams, he was the consummate head coach.

By the time he got to Miami the landscape of the college game had changed so much, he no longer had a grasp on the minds of the kids going pro or where the best talent was coming from. Instead of deferring to those who did, he betrayed himself and tried to do TOO much.

He absolutely deserves a place in thr ROH and Jerry's refusal to do it just further highlights what a smallminded and self-absorb turd he is.

How Jerry can look at what's become of the Cowboys since he began to assert full control of personnel and still think a GM isn't necessary is the greatest ignorance in the NFL.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy timed his move from college to the pros perfectly. He understood the mindsets of the young men moving from college to the NFL. He also had a firm grasp of the programs producing quality NFL talent. As a Coach Jimmy's best quality was knowing when to get out of the way and let his assistants and team captains do their job. He wasn't a great X's and O's guy, but for those Cowboys teams, he was the consummate head coach.

By the time he got to Miami the landscape of the college game had changed so much, he no longer had a grasp on the minds of the kids going pro or where the best talent was coming from. Instead of deferring to those who did, he betrayed himself and tried to do TOO much.

He absolutely deserves a place in thr ROH and Jerry's refusal to do it just further highlights what a smallminded and self-absorb turd he is.

How Jerry can look at what's become of the Cowboys since he began to assert full control of personnel and still think a GM isn't necessary is the greatest ignorance in the NFL.

That is a trash take on HOF coach Jimmy Johnson. Timed his move? lol Jerry begged him to come to Dallas and run the football operation. Jimmy built those super bowl teams and hired all those coaches that EVERY head coach requires to be successful. You make it sound like anyone could do it , and surely you have the intelligence to see after 25 years of watching the cowboy flounder that not anyone can do it.

And clearly you have no clue what went in Miami. Jimmy's forte' was defense and he drafted quite well in Miami finding gems like NFL HOFer Jason Taylor in round 3 and all pro CBs like Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison. He built Miami into the top ranked defense in the NFL. And he was doing it at a time when Dallas was finding nothing in the draft. The problem in Miami was a rapidly declining but entrenched Dan Marino, not Jimmy. The owner of the dolphins at the time would not let Jimmy cut or trade Marino. So he was stuck with a great defense and an offense controlled by the owners box. He still managed to get Miami into the playoffs but he needed a QB.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry needs to follow his own advice from years ago- “Never let your money get mad”. In other words don’t let your anger overshadow your decision-making. I think Jerry has followed that adage for the most part- except in the area of holding grudges. He still bristles at the way Jimmy “disrespected” him the last couple of years.

Jerry craved at least an equal spot light with Jimmy, never understanding that owners and most GMs never get the “credit” that players and coaches do. It’s just the way it works. But we’ve seen for nearly three decades now, a brilliant businessman lose his freakin mind about getting some credit for football decision making. Credit that will never come his way.

And he’s already in the HOF for being a “contributor”. I though Jerry’s induction into the HOF would make him less lustful for credit. But...alas. He remains the most psychologically insecure billionaire on the planet. His lust for football glory has proven detrimental to this team’s ability to win. But when you’re the owner of the most valuable sports team and accountable to no one, I guess you think you’re bulletproof.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry needs to follow his own advice from years ago- “Never let your money get mad”. In other words don’t let your anger overshadow your decision-making. I think Jerry has followed that adage for the most part- except in the area of holding grudges. He still bristles at the way Jimmy “disrespected” him the last couple of years.

Jerry craved at least an equal spot light with Jimmy, never understanding that owners and most GMs never get the “credit” that players and coaches do. It’s just the way it works. But we’ve seen for nearly three decades now, a brilliant businessman lose his freakin mind about getting some credit for football decision making. Credit that will never come his way.

And he’s already in the HOF for being a “contributor”. I though Jerry’s induction into the HOF would make him less lustful for credit. But...alas. He remains the most psychologically insecure billionaire on the planet. His lust for football glory has proven detrimental to this team’s ability to win. But when you’re the owner of the most valuable sports team and accountable to no one, I guess you think you’re bulletproof.

He is bullet proof. The fanbase has continued to support his team regardless of his level of competence. We also won't let him forget that Jimmy Johnson won him the super bowls and bailed him out of debt.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is bullet proof. The fanbase has continued to support his team regardless of his level of competence. We also won't let him forget that Jimmy Johnson won him the super bowls and bailed him out of debt.
Absolute truth. I swear Jerry is like the rich kid at school that wants desperately to be seen as “cool”, while Jimmy is the kid who’s cool and doesn’t even think about it. No matter how hard Jerry tries to be seen as cool, he will always be the pretender.
I know right? Whats the deal with that?
It’s AT&T. It’s what they do. Oversell, under-deliver.