Greg Jennings WR (Western Michigan)

Sign:
Matt Bryant K
Marcus Coleman FS
RT?
ILB?

jbsg02

Reaction score
oh sorry i meant ILB. or maybe youre expecting burnett to move to ILB.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
oh sorry i meant ILB. or maybe youre expecting burnett to move to ILB.
I'm not expecting much, if anything, out of Burnett. Would be nice but...

That's why in my post I put RT? and ILB? as needs to be addressed but I don't have a great solution in mind yet.
I do have high hopes for Fowler and think he could do a fine job as the starter at ILB with a little experience.
I also think Charles Spencer could plug into RT and out perform Tucker and Petitti until we find a better RT option. At that time I'd make him a backup G start preparing him for one of the future Guard positions that will be available.

Woods

Reaction score
If we re-sign Fujita, can he also play inside with Lawson playing outside?

RW31

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I do have high hopes for Fowler and think he could do a fine job as the starter at ILB with a little experience.
:signmast:
He was a friggin beast vs. St. Louis. He's big, strong and a powerful hitter. A blue collar type of player, exactly what we need right now (not no Ray Lewises)...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
ayyye quick, i say we take Greg int he 2nd after watchin that video you have of him, he reminded me of Steve Smith of Carolina...i like steve smith haha

Derinyar

Reaction score
RW31 said:
:signmast:
He was a friggin beast vs. St. Louis. He's big, strong and a powerful hitter. A blue collar type of player, exactly what we need right now (not no Ray Lewises)...
I assume you mean the attitude. Someone with that talent level is someone thats always needed, especially if they are a hard worker and an energy player.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
ROUND 1
Manny Lawson DE (N.C. State)
ROUND 2
Charles Spencer OG (Pittsburgh)
ROUND 3

Sign:
Matt Bryant K
Marcus Coleman FS
RT?
ILB?
I would be pleased with that draft. My only question is having a younger guy at FS. If you sign Coleman you need a guy in case he's injured/busts unless that's Beriault. Now if you say sign Hope or Demps I'm down with that.

Z-Man

Reaction score
Woods said:
If we re-sign Fujita, can he also play inside with Lawson playing outside?
If we re-sign Fujita I hope he's only playing special teams. :)
Give me 4 starting LB's like New Orleans had with Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson ,Vaughn Johnson and Sam Mills.....(drool)
We have Ware and James and (possibly Burnett at ILB). Just 1-2 more to go!

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Z-Man said:
If we re-sign Fujita I hope he's only playing special teams. :)
Give me 4 starting LB's like New Orleans had with Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson ,Vaughn Johnson and Sam Mills.....(drool)
We have Ware and James and (possibly Burnett at ILB). Just 1-2 more to go!
Alot of you guys here underestimate Fujita.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you see more.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
ROUND 1
Manny Lawson DE (N.C. State)
ROUND 2
Charles Spencer OG (Pittsburgh)
ROUND 3

Sign:
Matt Bryant K
Marcus Coleman FS
RT?
ILB?
I'm perfectly fine with your Round 1 & 2 selections and us picking up Matt Bryant but I would much rather prefer to pass on Jennings for a FS who can actually help us immediately and not have to worry about looking for yet another FS shortly because we decided to pass on one now for Coleman. With this draft we should still be able to pick up a possible starter at FS even in Round 3 of the draft.

Now as far as in WR's go I wouldn't mind taking a look at Brandon Marshall from Central Florida. He might be someone to consider on Day 2.

Brandon Marshall
Height: 6-4 1/2 | Weight: 229 | 40-Time: 4.55

Strengths:
Has outstanding size with a big frame and knows how to use it...A great natural athlete...Excellent body control and ball skills...Has good hands...Is very tough & physical...Works well across the middle and in traffic...Can create after the catch.

Weaknesses:
Pure speed is only average...Not very quick or explosive...Somewhat of a long strider...Is not a great route runner...Not known to be a hard worker...Has some character / maturity issues and was even suspended at one point in college.

Notes:
Moved from wide receiver to safety in 2004 and then made the switch back the following spring...Gave his stock a huge boost by catching 11 for 210 and 3 touchdowns in the Golden Knights Sheraton Hawaii Bowl loss and then also starring in the Hula Bowl all-star game...Intriguing prospect who is on the rise.