Lincoln Riley took a big recruit from Texas

erod

Reaction score
OU stole a big time recruit from Texas today by landing corner Joshua Eaton, who decommitted from Texas a few weeks ago.

Lincoln Riley is brag teasing about it on Twitter.

I don't think he's interested in the pros right now. He got the #1 quarterback commitment last year in Spencer Rattler, and he's recruiting off a final four appearance.

He doesn't want to deal with Jerry'' crap just yet.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
OU stole a big time recruit from Texas today by landing corner Joshua Eaton, who decommitted from Texas a few weeks ago.

I don't think he's interested in the pros right now. He got the #1 quarterback commitment last year in Spencer Rattler, and he's recruiting off a final four appearance.

Most Sooner recruits come from Texas.

Hes always been active on twitter about new recruits being announced, often posting the eyes emoji when he gets another coveted one.

Id take Lincoln, but like many believe/have said it would SHOCK me to see him leave OU this early as hes just making that team "his".

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Thanks for posting the info, I did not know that.

I have to imagine the recruit asked Riley if he was thinking of going pro or staying so the fact he did commit to OU tells me Riley is staying.

I really do think the job is Urban Meyer's, if he wants it.

Hardline

Reaction score
The most disturbing thing in this post is another highly coveted Texas recruit decommits and goes to the Sooners.
Lincoln Riley to the Cowboys means nothing..

Tom Herman may not be the coach for the Longhorns Recruiting the state of Texas was one of his strengths .

erod

Reaction score
Most Sooner recruits come from Texas.

Hes always been active on twitter about new recruits being announced, often posting the eyes emoji when he gets another coveted one.

Id take Lincoln, but like many believe/have said it would SHOCK me to see him leave OU this early as hes just making that team "his".
This player committed to Play at Texas, then decommitted and decided to go to OU.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just don't see Riley leaving OU this early in his tenure.

As for UT, I think they had a crazy-good recruiting class in 2019. The 2020 class is ranked slightly ahead of Oklahoma by 247 but slightly below by Rivals.
That CB was not ranked in the top 250 by either service and not even top 350 by one. Good player though, even it is a lower 4 star.

What I DO find funny is that Mack Brown's 2020 North Carolina class is ranked higher than Texas' 2020 class. (by Rivals)
:muttley:
I know he was burned out at UT, had lost his edge, and needed to step away, but it is kind of amusing.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is more about Texas firing their DC and the changes associated with the Coaching Staff for the upcoming season. Texas has lost a lot of recruits because of this less then steller season and the coaching changes to come.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks for posting the info, I did not know that.

I have to imagine the recruit asked Riley if he was thinking of going pro or staying so the fact he did commit to OU tells me Riley is staying.

I really do think the job is Urban Meyer's, if he wants it.
I could see Meyer coming here, and Riley being successor in about 5 years. They seem to really like Riley, but right now might not be the time for him

RodeoJake

Reaction score
OKC sports radio reporting some Sooners have supposedly failed their drug tests. Kelly Greg said it might affect their recruiting.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
As it has been mentioned here before, more of their top players come from TX than their own state. OU may be Oklahoma, but their football program is TX.

visionary

Reaction score

who needs him when we have Garrett

erod

Reaction score
As it has been mentioned here before, more of their top players come from TX than their own state. OU may be Oklahoma, but their football program is TX.
Perhaps you should learn the concept of state population?

Why don't Texas' best players stay in Texas?