Lincoln Riley

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If I were Lincoln Reilly I'd only agree to leave on the following conditions -

1. Jerry/Stephen has 0 say in which co-ordinators are hired/fired.
2. Jerry/Stephen has 0 say in offensive, defensive scheme
3. Jerry/Stephen will be informed as to the players we need to fit the football team perhaps even handed a list of players to target in each round, they just need to call it in so they can feel involved in the process.
4. Jerry/Stephen will not interfere in any disciplinary actions taken by the coaching staff thereby effectively neutering the coach.
5. Shut up and write the checks.

Jerry being the ego maniac will never agree but Reilly has nothing to lose. He has a great gig at OU and Jerry can continue his excellent run of failed seasons.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were Lincoln Reilly I'd only agree to leave on the following conditions -

1. Jerry/Stephen has 0 say in which co-ordinators are hired/fired.
2. Jerry/Stephen has 0 say in offensive, defensive scheme
3. Jerry/Stephen will be informed as to the players we need to fit the football team perhaps even handed a list of players to target in each round, they just need to call it in so they can feel involved in the process.
4. Jerry/Stephen will not interfere in any disciplinary actions taken by the coaching staff thereby effectively neutering the coach.
5. Shut up and write the checks.

Jerry being the ego maniac will never agree but Reilly has nothing to lose. He has a great gig at OU and Jerry can continue his excellent run of failed seasons.
LMAO at 1-5.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will not be about money because he's making as much as he'd make with the Cowboys. It's about ego and does he want to prove himself at the next level and whether you agree with that or not, the NFL level is considered several steps up from the college level. That's why you do not see guys that want to coach going to the collegiate leveling hopes of getting into the NFL. They realize they're better off not to get "tarnished" coaching in college.

Consider the coaching gig at AL, AU, LSU, GA, CLEM, OU, Ohio State and even Texas with a stout recruiting class that underachieved. Counter that with the NFL with the draft, FA, the cap and depth a coach killer. Recruiting, and once a team arrives that's built in, is a hell of a lot different than the draft and FA. It is a lot easier to coach at one of the NFL farm clubs, like those colleges I just listed, than in the NFL where 20-25% of these guys lose their job every year.