Linderbaum workout

RS12

Reaction score
Doubt he is the pick and he should be there.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Your 1st post said “traits”…I prove you wrong. Now it’s “rumors”

sure-ok.gif
Ok. Lol:omg::laugh:. He is not going to be be the Cowboys problem.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I think the issue might be more that you are not aware what size NFL centers are…here are some of the best in the NFL and their pre draft measurements.

Jason Kelce- 6’2 280 32.5” arms
Mitch Morse- 6’5 305 32.25” arms
Corey Linsley- 6’3 296 32” arms
Rodney Hudson- 6’2 299 32.5” arms
Ben Jones- 6’2 303 32.5” arms
Brian Allen- 6’1 298 32.33” arms
Connor McGovern (not ours)- 6’4 305 32.75” arms
Mason Cole- 6’4 307 32.15” arms
Chase Coullier- 6’4 312 32.25” arms
Creed Humphrey- 6’5 312 32.25” arms
David Andrews- 6’2 294 32.15” arms

Are you sure 6’2 302 with 32.5” arms can’t play center at a high level in the NFL?
That should settle that argument up

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think the issue might be more that you are not aware what size NFL centers are…here are some of the best in the NFL and their pre draft measurements.

Jason Kelce- 6’2 280 32.5” arms
Mitch Morse- 6’5 305 32.25” arms
Corey Linsley- 6’3 296 32” arms
Rodney Hudson- 6’2 299 32.5” arms
Ben Jones- 6’2 303 32.5” arms
Brian Allen- 6’1 298 32.33” arms
Connor McGovern (not ours)- 6’4 305 32.75” arms
Mason Cole- 6’4 307 32.15” arms
Chase Coullier- 6’4 312 32.25” arms
Creed Humphrey- 6’5 312 32.25” arms
David Andrews- 6’2 294 32.15” arms

Are you sure 6’2 302 with 32.5” arms can’t play center at a high level in the NFL?
Some teams play different schemes. We don't have a run game like the Packers. You'd have to compare sizes of centers on teams than run straight ahead like us

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm surprised with the success that Mark Stepnoski had here that some would dismiss a center prospect because of size. Step was 6-2, 270 when we drafted him, but he was a fantastic technician and knew how to play his position. I'm not saying we should take Linderbaum in the first, just that size isn't the main criteria for the center position.

Gaede

Reaction score
That should settle that argument up

You'd think so. But some posters are so obsessed with measurements that they'll ignore everything else, like succeeding in the NFL is some kind of science you can understand, measure, predict. I understand that certain physical attributes can be disqualifiers, like a receiver running a 4.9, but to obsess over a few pounds or centimeters is insane.

All it takes is one person with a rallying cry--Linderbaum's too small!--to start an avalanche of embellished criticisms. We went from Linderbaum isn't a very big guy to he's tiny and underpowered. Now we've forgotten all about the fact that he's the best center prospect in years and center was one of our weakest spots last year.

This is the kind of thinking that convinced teams Donald was too small. And he'll probably finish his career as the best DT in history.

tm1119

Reaction score
Some teams play different schemes. We don't have a run game like the Packers. You'd have to compare sizes of centers on teams than run straight ahead like us

Not exclusively, but we absolutely use plenty of zone running scheme. McCarthy and Philbin are the architects of that GB zone running scheme…won’t be surprised the o-line shuffle we are seeing now is intended to get us closer to a full time zone line

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The rumors are he is second round pick. I am not an NFL scout but obviously teams do not think he is top 32 player no matter what measurements you bring up. I did not say he can’t play in the league. I just don’t see him as a first round pick.
I think many don't understand 2nd rd grade, doesn't mean a top 32 player. It means he still will be a 1st rd player, just not ranked in the top 18-20 picks.

terra

Reaction score
Ok. Lol:omg::laugh:. He is not going to be be the Cowboys problem.
Since all your claims have been trashed and now you have nothing but so called rumors that you have no cites for, one can only conclude you just do not like the player and are trying to hide that with drivel.

garyv

Reaction score
Good player but his traits say second round. Green/Zion will probably be better pros because they are bigger and stronger. I am not sure Linderbaum is better then the center we have on the roster now.

My thinking Green if gone Zion. I like Lindenbaum but like you said not 100% sure about things. Green and Zion you plug them in and fill a OG spot on OL.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hes a day 1 starter for ten years.
The short arms thing is a bit annoying, he's got a wrestling background, can anchor, knows how to use his hands and body, plays nasty and gets the second level with ease. I think he goes off the board late 1 early 2

Flamma

Reaction score
Great workout? Did his arms suddenly get longer?

Workouts are an absolute joke. All they can do is hurt a player, because anyone can look good in a workout. Looking good means zip. Looking like trash is quite telling.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think many don't understand 2nd rd grade, doesn't mean a top 32 player. It means he still will be a 1st rd player, just not ranked in the top 18-20 picks.
Agree 100%. A second round grade is not a bad thing. Linderbaum is a good player, some team will get a good center prospect. Let’s not act like the Cowboys will pass over the second coming of Fredbeard if they pick someone over him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Since all your claims have been trashed and now you have nothing but so called rumors that you have no cites for, one can only conclude you just do not like the player and are trying to hide that with drivel.
Really dude. We will see come draft time with Linderbaum. He has been dropping like a rock since the mock process has started. I hope you go cheer for the team that draft him since you love him so much because it won’t be the Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My thinking Green if gone Zion. I like Lindenbaum but like you said not 100% sure about things. Green and Zion you plug them in and fill a OG spot on OL.
I don’t understand the butt hurt about Linderbaum by some posters. I live in the Baltimore area and Ravens lost their starting center in free agency to Carolina. There has been no chatter or rumors about them drafting Linderbaum. They would rather go with a 6th round back up. Linderbaum has limitations.