Lions beat writer speculates "Kitna could be part of Dallas trade"

Deep_South

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2334273 said:
how could he learn the offense in 5 days and be better then Johnson?

If there is anything to this, it would mean that Bollinger is a longer term project and they need to get a backup for Johnson who can be ready to play soon if Brad gets hurt. Kitna has a lot more recent experience at QB.

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
Bach;2334259 said:
The real Roy Williams

not sure if this is what he was referring to, but back when the WR and S Roy Williamses were in college, OU fans would refer to the WR as "The Fake Roy Williams" and the S as "The Real Roy Williams". I assume UT fans switched it accordingly.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So now we'd want Kitna to come in here and do what? Sit on the bench learning the offense, and healing his back up, until Romo is ready to return? That would be pointless.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Screw RW, lets make a deal for Kitna. A 1st rounder should cover it :lmao:.

Spectre

Reaction score
Alexander;2334270 said:
Is this supposed to excite anyone?
just a conversation piece. don't kill the messenger.

T. R. R. W.

Trade Romo for Roy Williams

:D

joseephuss

Reaction score
yentl911;2334239 said:
KItna is horrible. I would rather have Brad at the helm. To be honest, I still would like us to take a shot at Chris Simms.......he is young and probably wouldn't mind a shot...strong arm.....I don't know what kind of team player he is????

I don't think Chris Simms is an option. The Titans cut him one week to make room on their roster, but signed him back last Monday. Did they cut him again? If not, he is still a Titan.

I am just glad Dallas went out and decided to go with 3 QBs this season. They have been pretty lucky on the injury front as far as their QBs the last few seasons, so it the odds were bound to catch up with them. Now they have a 3rd QB with NFL experience in case they need him. He may not be the 3rd stringer everyone wanted, but they at least got someone who has played before.

I wish I got paid to make up stuff like the guy that wrote that little snippet of an article.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
In spite of what's posted here, Kitna is probably better than Brad Johnson. Having said that, it makes no sense to bring a new QB into the system at this point. If it were the offseason, this might be a possibility. But right now, it doesn't really fit.

silver

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2334498 said:
In spite of what's posted here, Kitna is probably better than Brad Johnson. Having said that, it makes no sense to bring a new QB into the system at this point. If it were the offseason, this might be a possibility. But right now, it doesn't really fit.

how diffucult can the system be? delay draw, delay fake draw, fake pass, delay fake draw, fake pass, punt.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
yea kitna sucks adding him even as a spare would be making our team worse...

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
Aven8;2334191 said:
I'll bet we are trading for Roy and Kitna....and they get Wade and Stew as there new coach and DC!

:laugh2:

Actually my thoughts were we get Roy and Kitna they get a 1st then we ship Kitna to the Patriots for a 3rd.

newlander

Reaction score
Exactly hostile: only way I want to see John Kitna is if hes Roy Williams driver. Kitna sucks. I'd rather have brad johnson: at least he knows the system.

FCBarca

Reaction score
The Kitna trade idea doesn't really make sense at this juncture for the reasons already being mentioned...No way he walks in and is a factor for the club at this point...A veteran QB being brought in might not be a terrible idea, however...Then again, it was an idea this summer too

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
silver;2334511 said:
how diffucult can the system be? delay draw, delay fake draw, fake pass, delay fake draw, fake pass, punt.
Touche.

It might take him a while to learn that little stutter step before you either fake the handoff, or actually hand it off.

FCBarca

Reaction score
silver;2334511 said:

Zing :D

I am still waiting to see the screen used more