Lions

RonWashington

Reaction score
They have started 0-3 under a new coach but they somehow almost beat Baltimore. Maybe Baltimore is overrated . Anyhow today they draw rookie QB Fields and a timid Bears team .

Let’s see if Dan Campbell and the Lions finally scratch out a win for a franchise starving for good news or if Justin Fields lives up to the draft hype as a # 1 and torches Detroit.

RonWashington

Reaction score
So Fields looks much better this week against Detroit gets his first win wouldn’t think Nagy or the Bears would go back to Dalton. After a long career he’s now a back up and that’s the way Chicago should roll.

Trey Lance comes in for injured Garrapolo and tosses two TD’s. You have a decent surrounding cast you traded up to get Lance so might as well go with him as well would think let him progress.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Lions drafted Sewell over Parsons. I think they would like a redraft. Right now I don’t think Sewell is even playing better than Steele.

I know the Lions would definitely want to redraft last year. They took Okudah at #3 over Diggs.

The Lions traded Stafford for Goff and a 1st. Big loss so far.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Lions drafted Sewell over Parsons. I think they would like a redraft. Right now I don’t think Sewell is even playing better than Steele.

I know the Lions would definitely want to redraft last year. They took Okudah at #3 over Diggs.

Goff is transitional not sure Detroit looked at anything with him long term

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Goff is transitional not sure Detroit looked at anything with him long term

Yeah, that might be so. Looking like he is not a franchise QB. I think he fumbled twice in the red zone yesterday.

Lions will have one of the top picks in the draft.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Yeah, that might be so. Looking like he is not a franchise QB. I think he fumbled twice in the red zone yesterday.

Lions will have one of the top picks in the draft.

Campbell will at least have them fighting . The New England Mafia they had in here before with Quinn & Patricia did a horrible job on talent evaluation.

RaZon

Reaction score
Where are....

Bobby Layne
Mike Schmidt
Lem Barney
Charlie Sanders
Herman Moore
Yale Lary
Billy Sims
Calvin Johnson
Alex Karras
Barry Sanders
Mel Gray

...when ya need them?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Where are....

Bobby Layne
Mike Schmidt
Lem Barney
Charlie Sanders
Herman Moore
Yale Lary
Billy Sims
Calvin Johnson
Alex Karras
Barry Sanders
Mel Gray

...when ya need them?

I think Cambell can turn this around if he’s given time ( 3 seasons )

RonWashington

Reaction score
I know you go back Razon what did you think of my Dobler Will Hernandez comparison . Cut from the same cloth

RaZon

Reaction score
I know you go back Razon what did you think of my Dobler Will Hernandez comparison . Cut from the same cloth

Not familiar enough with Hernandez to have a legit opinion.

Dobler was dirty would be hard to imagine anyone on his level today.

st-louis-cardinals-conrad-dobler-july-25-1977-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

He was known to punch guys in the gut who jumped up to block passes, so there went that.

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Campbell called out Goff afterwards . I like a coach calling out expensive high priced players. Why not. I think getting Goff was an experiment but the bigger picture was Highland Park HS grad Stafford being the wrong age to invest in with a total rebuild job in Motor city .

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They basically got a pick for taking on Goff

RonWashington

Reaction score
Next year is not a year to be drafting QB’s as early as Detroit will be picking , top 5 or so round one . Get some weapons on offense like a WR that’s a threat .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Detroit was in the Rams game near the end then Goff throws a pick to Jalen Ramsey on what was a go ahead TD drive gone into the ditch. I like the Lions to break the skid this year and get the W at home against the Eagles Sunday . The Eagles look like a double basement team after winning only 4 games last yr setting up Pederson getting canned.

The Eagles could get some very high picks round after round next April , 11 picks. Could totally get a facelift from an old tired defense

Flamma

Reaction score
Detroit was in the Rams game near the end then Goff throws a pick to Jalen Ramsey on what was a go ahead TD drive gone into the ditch. I like the Lions to break the skid this year and get the W at home against the Eagles Sunday . The Eagles look like a double basement team after winning only 4 games last yr setting up Pederson getting canned.

The Eagles could get some very high picks round after round next April , 11 picks. Could totally get a facelift from an old tired defense

The Eagles will probably get two picks in the top 5 and one late first round pick as I believe the Colts might make the playoffs. But recently they have drafted poorly and really screwed up on the coaching staff. They're an organization that does not admit their mistakes. They'll keep their coach next season and continue to start the inferior QB because they drafted him in the 2nd round.