List: Cornerback INTs in first 18 games of their careers

irishline

Reaction score
Cowboys have a generational BEAST at CB!

:starspin:

Everson Walls: 12

Led the NFL in interceptions 3 times. Tied for 13th all time in interceptions, 4 time pro-bowler and an NFL all-pro, and he can't even make their list. SMH...

Edit: Awesome for Diggs though!!!!! Didn't mean to make it appear I was discrediting him.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Everson Walls 12

Led the NFL in interceptions 3 times. tied for 13th all time in interceptions and he can't even make their list. SMH...

Right? Never rely on a tweet to give you complete information ever. I've fact checked so many it's like reflex now. Not sure if they're just trying to sell a narrative or just be first out with the information and get careless with the basic skill of counting. Here, how do you forget a legend who played on the same dang team?

conner01

Reaction score
Everson Walls 12

Led the NFL in interceptions 3 times. Tied for 13th all time in interceptions, 4 time pro-bowler and an NFL all-pro, and he can't even make their list. SMH...

Edit: Awesome for Diggs though!!!!! Didn't mean to make it appear I was discrediting him.
Diggs already has more career TD than walls lol
Walls was amazing and started stealing footballs day one of his career

irishline

Reaction score
Right? Never rely on a tweet to give you complete information ever. I've fact checked so many it's like reflex now. Not sure if they're just trying to sell a narrative or just be first out with the information and get careless with the basic skill of counting. Here, how do you forget a legend who played on the same dang team?

Actually I was wrong. If you include the 1981 playoffs (2 games) it would be:

Everson Walls: 13

irishline

Reaction score

Yup. But doesn't change the fact that he get discussed by no one despite what he accomplished in his career. Diggs is a great player and my response was not meant to diminish anything he has done. And I meant Walls isn't discussed not by Cowboy fans, but pundits in general. We can only hope Diggs has as many career interceptions as Walls had for us (while leading the NFL in INT's 3 times).

Mr_437

Reaction score
Everson Walls: 12

That's excellent Diggs is that close to Everson Walls. The tweet has all HOF players on it, so maybe that's the motivation, which, makes me wonder was Walls good enough to get HOF mention?

conner01

Reaction score
Yup. But doesn't change the fact that he get discussed by no one despite what I said about him. Diggs is a great player and my response was not meant to diminish anything he has done. And I meant Walls isn't discussed not by Cowboy fans, but fans in general. We can only hope Diggs has as many career interceptions as Walls had for us (while leading the NFL in INT's 3 times).
Walls was amazing and over looked
Leading the league 3 times in any catagory is amazing but ints are tough because you don’t control opportunities like a RB, Or QB do. You are at the mercy of someone challenging you

irishline

Reaction score
That's excellent Diggs is that close to Everson Walls. The tweet has all HOF players on it, so maybe that's the motivation, which, makes me wonder was Walls good enough to get HOF mention?

I know that tweet is HOF players. That was the larger point I was trying to make. He is an all-pro, Super Bowl winning, 3 time NFL interception leader, 13th all time in INTs, and has more career INT's than half the guys on that list. Yet not one breath about him for the hall.

He also had another 4 interceptions in 10 career playoff games.

Your question echoed mine. I remember him playing, but I suppose I am biased haha.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I know that tweet is HOF players. That was the larger point I was trying to make. He is an all-pro, Super Bowl winning, 3 time NFL interception leader, 13th all time in INTs, and has more career INT's than half the guys on that list. Yet not one breath about him for the hall.

Ok...so Everson is getting snubbed, typical.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In his defense...I don't think he had a criteria I think he just listed some of the best cornerbacks of all time. Because I know for sure ex-Cowboy Derek Ross had 5 interceptions his rookie year. I think he's just randomly naming great ones...which Everyone was but I guess maybe because he's from a different era?

conner01

Reaction score

Your question echoed mine. I remember him playing, but I suppose I am biased haha.
He should have a gold jacket

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I heard someone on the radio speak on Walls...forget who but he was talking about how he came into the league from Grambling and he was such a unknown that they didn't even spell his name right on the depth chart. But he took advantage and never looked back. To Diggs credit...wasn't a unknown but man a lot of teams passed him up and a lot passed him up in favor for other corners....

conner01

Reaction score
I heard someone on the radio speak on Walls...forget who but he was talking about how he came into the league from Grambling and he was such a unknown that they didn't even spell his name right on the depth chart. But he took advantage and never looked back. To Diggs credit...wasn't a unknown but man a lot of teams passed him up and a lot passed him up in favor for other corners....
81 is the record I’d like to see Diggs break
All with a star on his helmet