'List-eater' riles up Texas A&M fans

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
FOXSports.com

Texas A&M students started camping out to buy tickets for this year's SBC Cotton Bowl on Sunday. The matchup features the Aggies taking on Tennessee in Dallas on New Year's Day.

According to Fox News, there's one student who wasn't generating much holiday cheer. Thursday morning at 4:30 a.m., an unnamed woman strode past sleeping fans and took her place at the front of the line.
When the dozing students awoke and protested, the woman grabbed the sign-up list of students, some of whom had been waiting for days, and ate it.

"The piece of paper doesn't justify a spot in line to me if no one is standing there," the woman, a senior, later told the Battalion, the student newspaper. "If they wanted a spot, they should've woken up."

A spokesman for the university's athletic department said students had been putting their names on lists while waiting for tickets since at least 1985.

"(She) walked up in the line and people were trying to explain to her that she had to put her name on the list," said sophomore Amineh Baradar. "She didn't want to because she said (keeping lists of who was there first) wasn't an official university policy."

The reaction was far from enthusiastic.

"As we kept standing out there, people kept yelling, 'Beat the hell out of the list-eater,'" student Micah Gertson told KBTX-TV of Bryan and College Station, Texas. "As she's up there talking, people started throwing doughnuts at her."

Aggie football fans regularly urge the team to "beat the hell out of" its opponents.

The "list-eater" told the Battalion that she'd meant to burn the list, but shoved it in her mouth when someone in the crowd grabbed her.

"People started screaming at me, asking for the list back. I spit it out and put it in my purse. I'm not dumb enough to swallow paper."

Within hours, she'd filed assault charges with campus police against a man who'd allegedly grabbed her wrist.

At 8 a.m., the ticket windows opened, and the list-eater, still second in line, got her tickets as others shouted "Eat your tickets!" according to KBTX-TV.

Most people waiting at each of the eight ticket windows ended up getting the tickets they wanted — the Aggies' allotment of 2,600 was sold out in 90 minutes — but students say it's the principle that mattered.

The list-eater, who according to other students declared she was "right with God," defended her actions.

"There were a lot of people who weren't on the list who were still in line," she said to the Battalion. "I did something a lot of people wanted to do, but didn't have the guts to do it."

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I've been following this story. It is very very funny. Here is a picture of her from the infamous event:

listeater.JPG

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Wow.. She looks like a red X... :D

Am I missing something? She looks like a cross between Jabba the Hutt and Chris Farley to me. :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Better milady?

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/listeater.jpg

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Better milady?

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/listeater.jpg

OMG! Much better, thank you. She looks like someone that would eat that list...LOL Also explains why nobody moved her out of line...

I know that sounds bad...sorry

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
FOXSports.com

Texas A&M students started camping out to buy tickets for this year's SBC Cotton Bowl on Sunday. The matchup features the Aggies taking on Tennessee in Dallas on New Year's Day.

According to Fox News, there's one student who wasn't generating much holiday cheer. Thursday morning at 4:30 a.m., an unnamed woman strode past sleeping fans and took her place at the front of the line.
When the dozing students awoke and protested, the woman grabbed the sign-up list of students, some of whom had been waiting for days, and ate it.

"The piece of paper doesn't justify a spot in line to me if no one is standing there," the woman, a senior, later told the Battalion, the student newspaper. "If they wanted a spot, they should've woken up."

A spokesman for the university's athletic department said students had been putting their names on lists while waiting for tickets since at least 1985.

"(She) walked up in the line and people were trying to explain to her that she had to put her name on the list," said sophomore Amineh Baradar. "She didn't want to because she said (keeping lists of who was there first) wasn't an official university policy."

The reaction was far from enthusiastic.

"As we kept standing out there, people kept yelling, 'Beat the hell out of the list-eater,'" student Micah Gertson told KBTX-TV of Bryan and College Station, Texas. "As she's up there talking, people started throwing doughnuts at her."

Aggie football fans regularly urge the team to "beat the hell out of" its opponents.

The "list-eater" told the Battalion that she'd meant to burn the list, but shoved it in her mouth when someone in the crowd grabbed her.

"People started screaming at me, asking for the list back. I spit it out and put it in my purse. I'm not dumb enough to swallow paper."

Within hours, she'd filed assault charges with campus police against a man who'd allegedly grabbed her wrist.

At 8 a.m., the ticket windows opened, and the list-eater, still second in line, got her tickets as others shouted "Eat your tickets!" according to KBTX-TV.

Most people waiting at each of the eight ticket windows ended up getting the tickets they wanted — the Aggies' allotment of 2,600 was sold out in 90 minutes — but students say it's the principle that mattered.

The list-eater, who according to other students declared she was "right with God," defended her actions.

"There were a lot of people who weren't on the list who were still in line," she said to the Battalion. "I did something a lot of people wanted to do, but didn't have the guts to do it."

A day late and a dollar short CP
;)