Live Blogs?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Anyone know if there will be someone from the media doing live blog updates of the practices as they are going on?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;2157847 said:
Anyone know if there will be someone from the media doing live blog updates of the practices as they are going on?
MacMahon will live blog the practice. There may be other entries on some of the other blogs. We'll post/move that thread to the Daily Zone.

What to expect today

11:42 AM Fri, Jul 25, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips
The Cowboys first practice is at 4:30 p.m. Central and it won't be in pads. That was surprising to some - at least me - last year when Wade Phillips didn't have his team hitting the first day.

But I understand the point. It's a sound one. These guys haven't been in pads since January. That first workout can have a little extra gear to it and then injuries can happen. And the Cowboys will do all they can to avoid injuries this training camp. If you see the offense "win" a number of drills during camp, there might be a reason.

"We'll run around full speed but we're not going to have a lot of contact," Phillips said after Thursday's press conference.

When did it change from the olden days when pads were worn every day and players hit all the time?

"They didn't have a 14-week off-season program and made every workout and you didn't have a strength and conditioning guy," Phillips said. "They showed up to training camp to get in shape, so it took eight weeks. It was an eight-week program to get them in shape and get them ready."

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2157871 said:
MacMahon will live blog the practice. There may be other entries on some of the other blogs. We'll post/move that thread to the Daily Zone.

What to expect today

11:42 AM Fri, Jul 25, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips
The Cowboys first practice is at 4:30 p.m. Central and it won't be in pads. That was surprising to some - at least me - last year when Wade Phillips didn't have his team hitting the first day.

But I understand the point. It's a sound one. These guys haven't been in pads since January. That first workout can have a little extra gear to it and then injuries can happen. And the Cowboys will do all they can to avoid injuries this training camp. If you see the offense "win" a number of drills during camp, there might be a reason.

"We'll run around full speed but we're not going to have a lot of contact," Phillips said after Thursday's press conference.

When did it change from the olden days when pads were worn every day and players hit all the time?

"They didn't have a 14-week off-season program and made every workout and you didn't have a strength and conditioning guy," Phillips said. "They showed up to training camp to get in shape, so it took eight weeks. It was an eight-week program to get them in shape and get them ready."

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Thanks WG.

Appreciate it.