Video: Live Cowboys Practice (Video Post 3)

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Ball makes this roster as 1 of the 4 backups. He looks good inside.

Tyrone didnt play. Edogo was taking his spot. Looked ok. OL in general looked good.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think Joseph makes this team. He was involved a lot.

Brooks working in with the 1s

Stephenson the TE could be a sleeper at TE. They mentioned hes up to 245.
Joseph is tough to figure...a lot of times he is in the receiver's hip pocket...and then the receiver still makes the catch. Stephens has been mentioned a couple times. Nice to hear.

rambo2

Reaction score
Joseph is tough to figure...a lot of times he is in the receiver's hip pocket...and then the receiver still makes the catch. Stephens has been mentioned a couple times. Nice to hear.
I think he is a penalty waiting to happen.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think Joseph makes this team. He was involved a lot.

Brooks working in with the 1s

Stephenson the TE could be a sleeper at TE. They mentioned hes up to 245.
Involved means what? A pass breakup? Int? The low expectations for that scrub is wild

rambo2

Reaction score
Ball makes this roster as 1 of the 4 backups. He looks good inside.

Tyrone didnt play. Edogo was taking his spot. Looked ok. OL in general looked good.
Hopefully, some of the backup ol guys turn out good enough to help.

JBS

Reaction score
Keep holding onto that hope. No one else sees it. Our kickers in the past few years have not struggled like this.
Our kickers in camp last year were probably worse. Whoever those guys were. Neither of these two Kickers will be here week 1

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mazi still looks very slow off the ball. And he doesnt seem to go full steam all the time. And hes getting more looks at 3T than 1T.

Im high on the guy, but he didn't really standout as I was hoping. Maybe he just isnt a great practice player?

DL Fehoko looks big. He must be over 290 now. Didnt get many looks though. Looks like he may be headed to the PS.

We ran quite a few screens.

More rub routes.
I expect Mazi to be at the 3 on early downs with Hankins playing the 1. Stop the run, then at least one of them comes off the field.

McMicah

Reaction score
I’m going to reserve judgment, but I’m genuinely concerned about Dak. There are two elements I’m seeing at camp that scare me:

1. It seems like the O Line might struggle to hold back these vaunted NFC East DTs and Dak just doesn’t historically have the best pocket presence. Last year one of the most frustrating things was that he rarely climbed the pocket. Maybe it’s a trust thing, but I’m worried about pressure being a factor this year due to the O Line being our weakest position group

2. West coast requires QUICK, PRECISION throws. I don’t know about y’all but Dak threw some simple WR screens last year that had a high pucker factor to them. Watching this video I’m seeing whip route throws in the dirt, and off target out route throws. I’m also seeing the ball constantly under thrown and way too inside on go routes. I get it. It’s just practice, but you play how you practice. I’m worried the very offensive being designed for Dak may emphasize his weakest traits.

Crossing my fingers that none of this becomes a reality

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m going to reserve judgment, but I’m genuinely concerned about Dak. There are two elements I’m seeing at camp that scare me:

1. It seems like the O Line might struggle to hold back these vaunted NFC East DTs and Dak just doesn’t historically have the best pocket presence. Last year one of the most frustrating things was that he rarely climbed the pocket. Maybe it’s a trust thing, but I’m worried about pressure being a factor this year due to the O Line being our weakest position group

2. West coast requires QUICK, PRECISION throws. I don’t know about y’all but Dak threw some simple WR screens last year that had a high pucker factor to them. Watching this video I’m seeing whip route throws in the dirt, and off target out route throws. I’m also seeing the ball constantly under thrown and way too inside on go routes. I get it. It’s just practice, but you play how you practice. I’m worried the very offensive being designed for Dak may emphasize his weakest traits.

Im worried that dak is inaccurate, cant read defenses, chokes under pressure, is dumb, throws too many picks, sucks in the pocket, cant dump the ball off, throws a poor deep ball, and needs everything perfect around him.

other then that he can be effective against bad teams.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

You wouldn't be wrong......this offense is a train wreck waiting to happen. Not a lot of depth....Over valued talent. :popcorn: