Live near the Rocky Mountain states? Need opinions!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Reality, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

17,888 Messages
    28,203 Likes Received
    I concur, yet, that A.O. does get cold enough on winter nights to maintain a slight dusting of snow on the ground during the days also,,,a person really should listen to MARTY ROBBINS " RED HILLS OF UTAH " before tooling thru that 4 corner ,Mexican hat A.O. to fully appreciate what the dude was passionately sing about,,, I'd tooled thru Brice a couple of years ago& stopped at a roadside antique store,,,it was an hive of eclectic road warriors stopped there milling about, folks from,Japan,the Netherlands, spines like MELONFEUD Too! :)

skinsscalper and Idgit like this.
  2. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

8,723 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received
    There is some truth to that. There is a stretch of river in Wyoming called the "Miracle Mile" that has some of the best trout fly fishing in the west. That place is always loaded with vehicles from Colorado. Some of our best hunting spots, too (thankfully the game and fish limits the amount of out of state tags distributed).

People in Wyoming are generally friendly people. But they prefer that you visit, have a great time, and then go back home. They actually used to sell a bumper sticker that, basically, said the same thing (and this was way back even in the 80s).

Idgit likes this.
  3. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

8,723 Messages
    4,835 Likes Received
    The wind in Wyoming is overblown, tbh (no pun intended). The wind is the worst in the eastern and central parts of the state. As far as internet services all the places I visited had cable internet with pretty high speeds, IIRC. The hospital in Casper is one of the best I've ever been to (though my experience with them is limited, I would choose Central Wyoming medical center over the few I've been to in Arizona. One being Banner Medical Center). However, if I were to move to Wyoming, Casper would not be my first choice (though I lived there for 27 years). The western part of the state would be where I had my eye. Specifically, Lander or Riverton. Both are within a couple hours of Casper and the hunting and fishing in that area are world class (if that's important to you).

Good luck in your search, my friend.

Reality likes this.
  4. BooBooBear

BooBooBear Active Member

160 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I don't live there now, so I don't know about internet access, but I loved Durango CO in the early 90's. It's only a couple hundred miles to Albuquerque if you need something that's not available locally.

Reality likes this.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

20,098 Messages
    30,477 Likes Received
    I actually bumped the wrong thread .. this is the correct one.

Thanks @daboyzruleperiod for letting me know!

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  6. BooBooBear

BooBooBear Active Member

160 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Which college team(s) do you follow? I'd move somewhere that I could attend their games if I didn't want to live close to my favorite NFL team.

7. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

20,098 Messages
    30,477 Likes Received
    While I love sports, sports teams are not a factor in where I live. I will likely support any sports team near where I live unless its an NFL team playing the Cowboys :D

BooBooBear likes this.
  8. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

10,277 Messages
    11,804 Likes Received
    good bigfoot huntin' country...if you were wonderin'.