Lividly Fuming

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
So,I'm at the corner Walgreen's in my A.O. restocking the game day necessities ( or for any day,really) and the old cow whose obviously been regulated to the roadside detritus of life's road rally many laps ago,,,She wants to see my I.D.,,,well now, Friends! If one is unable to discern the fact of my being easily having twice lapped the pinnacle of achievement in reaching the aged 21 in this race,they've zero placement amongst the retail outlet world of consumables, now,while I'm of understanding and usually attempt to adhere within the confines of the LAW ,I popped off " since when do you gotta see my I.D.",,,she snarkly replied " since NOW,it's mandatory " so,I stripped out the ol' classA casing-liner and handed it to her( upon studied review,that's a no-no move on my end),,,And the old smashed plastic Gatorade bottle enmeshed with some tractor trailer blow out tread rubber,,,SCANS the back of my D.L.,,,well now,I'm * expletive deleted* flipping out,STATING IN AN STORE WIDE SPOKEN OCTIVE ,,,"Jest why in the Hell do you feel authorized to SCAN the back of my D.L." " putting me in a data base,eh"?,,,well ,the ol' road grime encrusted gals peepers popped wide like she got the goosing of a cattle prod applied to her exit orifice and simply stated " why of course NOT",,,Well I said " this'll NOT * expletive deleted* happen again, EVER",,,after I'd paid (about $96 bucks), I said,,," It's been a real pleasure having done business thru out the years in here" as I loped on out that magical hatch that senses the departure of greatness leaving ,promptly allowing my final egresso_O

feel free in expressing your valued views pertaining to this outlandish display of personal intrusion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So,I'm at the corner Walgreen's in my A.O. restocking the game day necessities ( or for any day,really) and the old cow whose obviously been regulated to the roadside detritus of life's road rally many laps ago,,,She wants to see my I.D.,,,well now, Friends! If one is unable to discern the fact of my being easily having twice lapped the pinnacle of achievement in reaching the aged 21 in this race,they've zero placement amongst the retail outlet world of consumables, now,while I'm of understanding and usually attempt to adhere within the confines of the LAW ,I popped off " since when do you gotta see my I.D.",,,she snarkly replied " since NOW,it's mandatory " so,I stripped out the ol' classA casing-liner and handed it to her( upon studied review,that's a no-no move on my end),,,And the old smashed plastic Gatorade bottle enmeshed with some tractor trailer blow out tread rubber,,,SCANS the back of my D.L.,,,well now,I'm * expletive deleted* flipping out,STATING IN AN STORE WIDE SPOKEN OCTIVE ,,,"Jest why in the Hell do you feel authorized to SCAN the back of my D.L." " putting me in a data base,eh"?,,,well ,the ol' road grime encrusted gals peepers popped wide like she got the goosing of a cattle prod applied to her exit orifice and simply stated " why of course NOT",,,Well I said " this'll NOT * expletive deleted* happen again, EVER",,,after I'd paid (about $96 bucks), I said,,," It's been a real pleasure having done business thru out the years in here" as I loped on out that magical hatch that senses the departure of greatness leaving ,promptly allowing my final egresso_O

feel free in expressing your valued views pertaining to this outlandish display of personal intrusion.
Most ole geezers like getting carded.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Ya,,,thanks guys,being CARDED isn't my gripe,I've laid that " you do look like your a bit of the stalkerish type " line on them for years, the whole point of this VENT is her running the barcode on the back of my D.L. THRU THE SCANNER,,, there's absolutely ZERO REASON for that B.S.,,,SHEESE! now I'm all pissed off again just thinking about it,,,,

*O.K.,,,I'm good :thumbup:& thanks for the soap box:starspin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that it's been so long since I've been carded that I didn't even know they could scan your license and get any information from it. I certainly don't see the point of it, unless they plan to send you unsolicited crap.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that it's been so long since I've been carded that I didn't even know they could scan your license and get any information from it. I certainly don't see the point of it, unless they plan to send you unsolicited crap.
Well,it's my understanding it would or should hit Walgreen marketing of their corporate database first, they can derive a pretty good composite profile of that stores customer base,*average* age,sex,distance they live,products purchased, how much is spent per visit( I was dropping anywhere from $50 to $100 per week there), prolly then it'll be sold to other interests,,,it really fuzzed me up,Broo_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well,it's my understanding it would or should hit Walgreen marketing of their corporate database first, they can derive a pretty good composite profile of that stores customer base,*average* age,sex,distance they live,products purchased, how much is spent per visit( I was dropping anywhere from $50 to $100 per week there), prolly then it'll be sold to other interests,,,it really fuzzed me up,Broo_O
I can understand that. I'm sure you'll be getting ads and offers in the mail too. If that's their standard business practice, and the scan is used for anything other than verifying the authenticity of your license, it doesn't seem like something they can legally do without your consent.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of stuck in my neighborhood.

If I want to be any kind of liquor...I have to do so in the local rite aid (still rite aid name although I think Wal greens bought them).

Years ago we had an ABC store to buy our liquor in but that changed to the local rite aid.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Kind of stuck in my neighborhood.

If I want to be any kind of liquor...I have to do so in the local rite aid (still rite aid name although I think Wal greens bought them).

Years ago we had an ABC store to buy our liquor in but that changed to the local rite aid.

Ya,Bro! I know the feeling,,,there's a Circle-k convenience store a couple miles around the curve heading deeper into town that's got the liquor license to sale my preferred choice of beverage,although the price for a 5th of Jim Beam is only about $2 less than the price of glass handled big jugs I USED to buy at that local Walgreen's, other than that I'll just have to update my scheduling to frequent the local "Total Wines" outlet and ,,,er,,,push a cart,,,,as it has the best prices on the items I'm shopping for,I generally snag a giant jug of the Bulliet Bourbon & Jim Beam,,,one in each hand,in-out nothing flat,,,I've even employed the ol' #22's jump step in facilitating my navigation thru the milling 'wine connoisseur's " to expedite matters in my booze gathering forays.
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ya,,,thanks guys,being CARDED isn't my gripe,I've laid that " you do look like your a bit of the stalkerish type " line on them for years, the whole point of this VENT is her running the barcode on the back of my D.L. THRU THE SCANNER,,, there's absolutely ZERO REASON for that B.S.,,,SHEESE! now I'm all pissed off again just thinking about it,,,,

*O.K.,,,I'm good :thumbup:& thanks for the soap box:starspin:
They pulled that crap on me in Scottsdale, Arizona about 10 years back. They wouldn't accept my DC Drivers License bc it didn't have a bar code to scan. I was about as livid as you were bc I thought they were just toying with me. I walked down to a mom n pop store and bought some beer but they did relay it was real thing around there. "Well....still!!" :angry:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1m7tum.jpg