Lloyd to the Skins Almost Done, Royal to the Bills

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Commanders | Nearing deal for Lloyd
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:15:23 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Washington Commanders and San Francisco 49ers are nearing a deal that would have the Commanders sending a 2006 third-round pick and a 2007 fourth-round selection to the 49ers for WR Brandon Lloyd. Pending a physical, the deal should be completed before the end of the weekend.

Bills | Royal agrees to a five-year deal
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:06:54 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills have reached agreement with free agent TE Robert Royal (Commanders) on five-year, $10 million deal that includes a $2.5 million signing bonus.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:
Commanders | Nearing deal for Lloyd
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:15:23 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Washington Commanders and San Francisco 49ers are nearing a deal that would have the Commanders sending a 2006 third-round pick and a 2007 fourth-round selection to the 49ers for WR Brandon Lloyd. Pending a physical, the deal should be completed before the end of the weekend.

Bills | Royal agrees to a five-year deal
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:06:54 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills have reached agreement with free agent TE Robert Royal (Commanders) on five-year, $10 million deal that includes a $2.5 million signing bonus.
We'd better go out and find the best FS, because the deadskins are trying to make life rough for us.

Also, if the deadskins are going to be loading up on offense, then we need to counter with better passrushing opposite Ware. Ellis and Fujita are not going to do the trick.

DallasKen

Reaction score
The skins sure are nonchalant with draft picks....that can really come back and bite you if the Jason Campbells and Brandon Lloyds of the world don't pan out...

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Again, who really cares what the Foreskins are up to?. They aren't really a team we should worry about, I'am more concerned about what the Eagles do.:skins: :suxskins: :dissskin:

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Lloyd and I think he'll be a good complement to Moss.

But I also think that's overpaying a little on the Skins part

BigWillie

Reaction score
Anthony Henry is still having nightmares of Brandon Lloyd from last year.

Eek, I probably should not have brung that back up.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Lloyd + S. Moss, Chris Cooley, and David Patten who will be back this season after missing 7 games last year recovering from knee surgery is a pretty nice set of receivers. Brunell might start again, but I think they're trying to get Jesse Campbell as many weapons as they can to help speed his development.

VThokie7

Reaction score
Gaede said:

Overpaying and we've yet to see the contract that is rough. I'm sure that contract will be pretty hefty on top of the compensation. Leave it the Skins to overpay

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Again, who really cares what the Foreskins are up to?. They aren't really a team we should worry about, I'am more concerned about what the Eagles do.:skins: :suxskins: :dissskin:
:laugh2: you keep thinking that. That mentality last year got you all know where.

So yo go on ahead and worry about a team that has $500 million in cap room yet can't sign a sure deal, while we go out there and help our roster...

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Forekins send their 1st and 4th to Denver and now their 3rd to SF? WOW.

Think about it this way our 3rd probably would have been used on a Wr. Probably would not even been as good as Lloyd, so we basically got a young proven player for that.

Woods

Reaction score
Taylor_Can_Hit21 said:
Think about it this way our 3rd probably would have been used on a Wr. Probably would not even been as good as Lloyd, so we basically got a young proven player for that.

Maybe. But I bet the economics are going to be more severe for the Skins as well.

You build the roster via the Draft, not FA.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think a 3rd and a 4th is actually pretty cheap for a starting WR who has at times been able to make big plays. Look back at our last 4-5 drafts and tell me a 3rd and a 4th isn't a pretty good deal for a #2 WR who looked pretty good in SF with crap around him. Last year's draft makes 3rd and 4th rounders look pretty good for us, but sometimes these guys spend a couple of years with us and are gone.

We've spent 2nd round picks on Al Johnson and Rogers...I'd be happy to send those two #2 picks to SF for Lloyd....:bang2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Gaede said:

I agree. I like Lloyd, but IMO, he's not that much better than Crayton. They're very similar players. I think it's a good move for the Skins if they do it, but nothing to go ga-ga over....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
superpunk said:
I agree. I like Lloyd, but IMO, he's not that much better than Crayton. They're very similar players. I think it's a good move for the Skins if they do it, but nothing to go ga-ga over....
Brandon Lloyd similar to Crayton??? ARe you serious??? Lloyd has been a starting WR for a few years and has scored quite a few TD's. Crayton a good few games and then was invisible most of the year as a #3.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Nice compliment to Moss. Overpaying him in terms of picks/probable contract, but that's just the business these days.

I'd hate to watch the draft as a Skins fan though. The excitement isn't quite there when you never pick.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Brandon Lloyd similar to Crayton??? ARe you serious??? Lloyd has been a starting WR for a few years and has scored quite a few TD's. Crayton a good few games and then was invisible most of the year as a #3.

It's hard to be very productive for most of the year when you break your leg/ankle.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
skinsngibbs4life said:
:laugh2: you keep thinking that. That mentality last year got you all know where.

So yo go on ahead and worry about a team that has $500 million in cap room yet can't sign a sure deal, while we go out there and help our roster...

Help your roster all you want. Campbell has no experience. And Brunell is a hit away from retirement. Then what will happen to all those weapons. But then again, we are in the same situation. However, Bledsoe can take hits better than Brunell. Injury history shows that. Henson has a little, NFL experience, though very little.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Quote from a Bill Simmons column this past season:

Has any receiver in the history of mankind vacillated between "absolutely unbelievable" and "freaking terrible" like Brandon Lloyd? Either he's the next Lynn Swann or the next Hart Lee Dykes. Maybe a little of both.

Lloyd is good for some fantastic catches that will make Sportscenter, but I've also seen him turn, see the ball coming at him, and duck away from it. Very funny. Maybe the Skins only watched his highlight tapes...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I have to give it to the Skins on this one. I like LLoyd a lot and think he'll be a very productive WR in another team. 3rd this year and 4th next is NOT overpaying. He'll have the opportunity to outplay his contract over the next couple of years too.