Lloyd to the Skins Almost Done, Royal to the Bills

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
LLOYD is a damn good receiver and worth the picks for sure . :bang2: i wish we could of pulled that off instead of t.o.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT said:
LLOYD is a damn good receiver and worth the picks for sure . :bang2: i wish we could of pulled that off instead of t.o.
Very true.

Lloyd is a star on the rise he's gonna give us fits in the future.
We should have targeted him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
Lloyd is a star on the rise he's gonna give us fits in the future.
We should have targeted him.
Joe Jurevicius would have been my pick.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
chalk up one more for joe and dan.

salary cap hell sux.

(i'm shocked that boys fans are saying good things about lloyd- i'm not so sure i would be it the table were turned)

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
theogt said:
I have to give it to the Skins on this one. I like LLoyd a lot and think he'll be a very productive WR in another team. 3rd this year and 4th next is NOT overpaying. He'll have the opportunity to outplay his contract over the next couple of years too.

It is overpaying when he was only a 4th round pick to begin with!! :bang2::banghead:

DallasKen

Reaction score
riggo said:
chalk up one more for joe and dan.

salary cap hell sux.

(i'm shocked that boys fans are saying good things about lloyd- i'm not so sure i would be it the table were turned)

At the end of the day, you still have to try to go to sleep knowing you're a Commanders fan....So I'm sorry for you, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ghst187

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I think a 3rd and a 4th is actually pretty cheap for a starting WR who has at times been able to make big plays. Look back at our last 4-5 drafts and tell me a 3rd and a 4th isn't a pretty good deal for a #2 WR who looked pretty good in SF with crap around him. Last year's draft makes 3rd and 4th rounders look pretty good for us, but sometimes these guys spend a couple of years with us and are gone.

We've spent 2nd round picks on Al Johnson and Rogers...I'd be happy to send those two #2 picks to SF for Lloyd....:bang2:

I agree, that's an incredible deal for Wash.

superpunk

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Brandon Lloyd similar to Crayton??? ARe you serious??? Lloyd has been a starting WR for a few years and has scored quite a few TD's. Crayton a good few games and then was invisible most of the year as a #3.

Try watchng them once. They're similar players. Crayton doesn't have half the opportunities Lloyd has, so a statistical comparison is pointless.

Joe Gibbs II

Benched
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
It is overpaying when he was only a 4th round pick to begin with!! :bang2::banghead:

Oh, so I guess trading a 4th Rounder for Tom Brady is overpaying right?

So sorry to tell you that Brady was a 6th rounder.

And for those who talk about this deal wont work if they dont draft well. Say that about Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley (btw broke skins record for rec. by a TE), and a very talented Carlos Rogers. Not to mention a big bullying back like Nemo Broughten.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I think this is probably a good move for the Skins to add a complementary piece to Santana Moss in the receiving game. The offense looks like it should be good next year and GregW should take care of the defense.

The issue with the Skins will be injuries - if they go through the year unscathed, their starting lineup should be very, very good. It is a gamble and one worth taking.

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I think this is probably a good move for the Skins to add a complementary piece to Santana Moss in the receiving game. The offense looks like it should be good next year and GregW should take care of the defense.

The issue with the Skins will be injuries - if they go through the year unscathed, their starting lineup should be very, very good. It is a gamble and one worth taking.

We have a lot of later round picks, that i have a feeling are going to be used strictly for depth.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Taylor_Can_Hit21 said:
We have a lot of later round picks, that i have a feeling are going to be used strictly for depth.

This must be your team's strategy - spend big bucks on young FAs (or acquire via trade) and fill in the roster with low-round types and UFAs that are coached up.

I think given where you guys are as a team, this was a good signing because your offense needs to improve to make the next step.

Eddie

Reaction score
DallasKen said:
The skins sure are nonchalant with draft picks....that can really come back and bite you if the Jason Campbells and Brandon Lloyds of the world don't pan out...

You mean like the plethora of original draft picks starting for us ???

:bang2:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Joe Gibbs II said:
Oh, so I guess trading a 4th Rounder for Tom Brady is overpaying right?

So sorry to tell you that Brady was a 6th rounder.

And for those who talk about this deal wont work if they dont draft well. Say that about Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley (btw broke skins record for rec. by a TE), and a very talented Carlos Rogers. Not to mention a big bullying back like Nemo Broughten.

So by your logic Loyd is better than Brady? :bang2::banghead::laugh2::laugh1::eek:

Sorry, but this was another Synder dumb move try to avoid the Danny-boy Thinking

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Eddie said:
You mean like the plethora of original draft picks starting for us ???

:bang2:

Yes, yet I think we PAID dearly and have learned from our mistakes..Danny keeps making them ...though I do not complain :laugh2::laugh1::eek:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
DallasKen said:
At the end of the day, you still have to try to go to sleep knowing you're a Commanders fan....So I'm sorry for you, and may God have mercy on your soul.

sweep.

God bless.

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
This must be your team's strategy - spend big bucks on young FAs (or acquire via trade) and fill in the roster with low-round types and UFAs that are coached up.

I think given where you guys are as a team, this was a good signing because your offense needs to improve to make the next step.

You hit it pretty dead on. With one pick on the first day, you've gotta do that if your team is a contender.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
So by your logic Loyd is better than Brady? :bang2::banghead::laugh2::laugh1::eek:

Sorry, but this was another Synder dumb move try to avoid the Danny-boy Thinking

mental note- all great NFL players were high round draft picks which determines their worth as a player.....

brilliant.