Lloyd to the Skins Almost Done, Royal to the Bills

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
Yes, yet I think we PAID dearly and have learned from our mistakes..Danny keeps making them ...though I do not complain :laugh2::laugh1::eek:

make a list of danny's decisions. lets see how the good and bad compare.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
riggo said:
make a list of danny's decisions. lets see how the good and bad compare.

OK

Patrick Ramsey #1 pick - Gone

Laverneous Coles Lots of money- Gone

Dieon Sanders Lots of money- Gone

Lavar Arington Screwed him over AND lots of money- Gone

First round pick Taylor Jacobs - Hehehe

Sean Tayor First round pick - Going to jail

Super Bowl wins- 0

Wins against the Cowboys - 3

Your turn!

irishwaste

Reaction score
Lloyd is a nice pickup for them. We better nab ourselves a FS who can stay on his dam assignments or we're in for some trouble with that Moss/Lloyd/Cooley trio.

Joe Gibbs II

Benched
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
So by your logic Loyd is better than Brady? :bang2::banghead::laugh2::laugh1::eek:

Sorry, but this was another Synder dumb move try to avoid the Danny-boy Thinking

No, by your logic Lloyd is worth more than brady.

Let me break it down.

Lloyd was a 4th I believe. You said trading a 3rd and 4th was stupid because Lloyd was only a 4th to begin with. So I said, using your logic a 4th for Tom brady (a 6th) was overpaying. Then you said that i thought Lloyd was worth more than Tom Brady EVEN THOUGH I was using your own logic.

Sheesh.

gbrittain

Reaction score
I think Lloyd could indeed be a nice pick up. I am just wondering if it is somewhat unprecedented to field a team and only have seven players starting that were actually drafted by the team.

Maybe that is has been done many times before, but I appears kind of radical to me.

My calculations could be wrong but I think that Jansen, Dockery, Samuels, and (Royal/Cooley) on offense are the only ones drafted by the Skins.

On defense Lemar Marshall, Carlos Rogers, and Sean Taylor are the only ones drafted by Washington.

This is almost like a case study. Can it be done this way? Personally, in the long run I do not think it will work, but only time will tell.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:
OK

Super Bowl wins- 0

Your turn!

Easy CC. That one probably left a mark. :)

RESIN8

Reaction score
LLoyd is an on and off player. I remember watching a game where he developed a bit of the aligator arms. A lot of Niner fans feel it's not big loss, since this guy was bickering within the organization. I think he and Barlow had a little fued going taking shots back and forth with the media. He was never #1 WR material, but he should compliment Moss pretty well.

I'm not sure if the Skins are trying to bring back the smurfs, but i thought the Skins would have been more interested in getting a true possession WR like Derek Hagan or Maurice Stovall.

I don't think that the Eagles are the team to worry about and do think that the Skins are the team we have to worry about due to the final result.

Joe Gibbs II

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
OK

Super Bowl wins- 0

Your turn!

1st of all, on the skins site we dont focus all of our attention on the Cowboys. Simply because, they is nothing really to concentrate on now. We are fixing our team.

As for Ramsey, he got shafted to an extent, but he did not fit with Gibbs offense. He was drafted under the spurier project as well as Jacobs. Jacobs can still do well if we get some WRs, but he has sucked thus far.

LaVar did what he needed. Multi probowler and did not fit anymore. Btw, he recorded 15+ tackles in 2 PLAYOFF games for us, but he felt he needed to go.

Coles, also part of the spurier project as was effective for a while. Yet we did use Coles for this guy you may have heard of. I forgot the name, but ask Roy, because he was close enough to see his name.

ST aint going to jail and we all know that. Hes getting a slap on the wrist and thats about. He is a top hitter in the 2ndary and will be a multiple probowler and should have made it over your boi Roy.

Still you mention things under Spurier and the old snyder. We made some mistakes and we will admit it, it doesnt matter because it all led to NOW. If the skins weren't struggling i would be surprised if gibbs would think about helping us.

Lets put some pluses up there.

Traded for draft pick of Chris Cooley. Set skins record for TE rec. Not bad for non 1st or 2nd pick.

2nd brilliant move, trade up for Campbell. We took a chance by giving pick to Broncos but instead of getting a likely top 10 pick, we gave them only a 22nd pick. Not bad for the future of the organization.

Superbowl wins for you? 0

I dont really care about pre-gibbs era because it was a dark spot in skins history and it put us where we are today. Since gibbs we are 2-2 against you and just finished a nice sweep.

Also, we are heading somewhere. Albiet you guys are heading somewhere as well, nobody knows if it will be to an 11-5 season or 5-11.

DallasKen

Reaction score
Joe Gibbs II said:
2nd brilliant move, trade up for Campbell. We took a chance by giving pick to Broncos but instead of getting a likely top 10 pick, we gave them only a 22nd pick. Not bad for the future of the organization.

How do you know the trade up for Campbell was a brilliant move? He hasn't even sniffed the field...and he probably won't this year either....So you can put that pick back in your pocket til he has a chance to play. For all you know, he might be the worst quarterback to ever play the game.

Secondly, Gibbs is an annoying whining chump, just like all other Commanders fans.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
DallasKen said:
How do you know the trade up for Campbell was a brilliant move? He hasn't even sniffed the field...and he probably won't this year either....So you can put that pick back in your pocket til he has a chance to play. For all you know, he might be the worst quarterback to ever play the game.

Secondly, Gibbs is an annoying whining chump, just like all other Commanders fans.

Ok, lemmie get this straight...... this thread is about Lloyd.....You are talking about the spurrier project.....then you say the Jason Cambell pickup is a bad idea due to lack of evidence....technically it's his opinion......yet you say Gibbs is an annoying whinning chump just like all skins fans?....that sounds like an opinion to be......next time be more factual......If you are going to post something that ignorant provide an example of EVERY Commanders fan being an "annoying whinning chump." Not just one person or message board.....

People like you lower the quality of conversation on these boards because all you can do is search for things you disagree with and rip them......

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
OK

Super Bowl wins- 0

Your turn!

just off the top of my head.

jansen
samuels
arrington
smoot
bailey
cooley
taylor

these are all high draft picks in the snyder era. virtually all have been to a pro bowl or are near pro level players.

players like ramsey are unknows to be fair, but NFL analysts seem to think he's a starter.

you brought up free agents. the skins have had a number of outstanding FA signings. springs, washington, griffin, thomas, trading bailey for portis, getting a player like moss for the coles (who, to be fair, would have been a nice pickup if he hadnt gotten injured- to get moss for him was brilliant).

the few 'busts' are easily outweighed by the great pickups.

how's jerry jones been doing?

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
DallasKen said:

I agree with your first thought. Nobody knows.

Your second thought is just juvenile and reflects poorly on the overall quality of this board.