Long term cap-health

Verdict

Reaction score
I believe that that we will have the cap room to keep most, if not all of our current players and resign them, provided that we do not have to spend big bucks on a quarterback. Keeping that in mind it would appear to be a good idea to keep an open mind about drafting a quarterback when the situation presents itself. I think we did that this year by drafting Ware, Spears, Canty, Berriualt and Ratliff.

It is my thought that we intended to go heavy with a heavy emphasis on defense, but the reason we took so many defensive players has to do partially with value. I think Parcells viewed Barriualt as a strong safety when we drafted him. He was NOT going to unseat Roy, but he is going to be quality depth. That was much better than reaching for need.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I agree. This is the first time in a while you can look at most of the positions on the team and say we have some depth. Corner is good this year. O Line is better than it has been in a long while. RB seems pretty stacked. TE. DL. LB (young, but seems to be good quality there). If a FS emerges this year, we will have nice depth there too. The only position we really could use some help at in the near future are WR, and QB.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I agree. This is the first time in a while you can look at most of the positions on the team and say we have some depth. Corner is good this year. O Line is better than it has been in a long while. RB seems pretty stacked. TE. DL. LB (young, but seems to be good quality there). If a FS emerges this year, we will have nice depth there too. The only position we really could use some help at in the near future are WR, and QB.

I fully agree, no we didnt get everybody we wanted but we have so much depth everywhere it's gonna take as many injuries as last season to bring us down to average