Longhorns Pro-Day

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
FYI -

TEXAS: MARCH 21

Player Position Gil's comments
Justin Blalock OT Blalock (6-3¼, 321) stood on all his Combine performances and did only the position drills (but looked good in those drills). He should be a busy man shortly, with early April visits scheduled with the Cowboys, Commanders, Ravens, Vikings and Rams.
Tarell Brown CB Brown (5-10½, 189) ran a 40 in 4.42 seconds, but strained a hamstring and did not run again. He looked really good in the positional workouts, though.
Tim Crowder DE Crowder (6-2 7/8, 272 pounds) stood on all his Combine performances.
Michael Griffin S Griffin (5-11 7/8, 201) ran the 40 in 4.40 seconds. He also had a 39½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-8 broad jump, and stood on everything else he did at the Combine. He looked good.
Tully Janszen LS Janszen (6-2 3/8, 253) ran his 40s in 4.99 and 5.01 seconds. He also had a 30-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-9 broad jump.
Brian Robinson LB Robison (6-2 7/8, 256) stood on everything he did at the Combine.
Aaron Ross CB Ross (6-0½, 197) stood on everything he did at the Combine.
Lyle Sendlein C Sindline (6-4 3/8, 284) ran his 40s in 5.17 and 5.21seconds, the short shuttle in 4.60 and the three-cone drill in 7.41. He also had a 32-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-9 broad jump. His father Robin had a successful career as a linebacker with the Longhorns and played eight seasons in the NFL.
Ramance Taylor RB Taylor played well in the Rose Bowl against USC in January 2006, but sat out the 2006 season due to academics (he was not draft eligible until 2007, so he was not eligible for the supplemental draft last summer). He worked out at a separate location in the morning before the Texas Pro Day, running outdoors on a Tartan tack. Taylor (5-10 1/8, 195 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 with the wind and 4.57 against it. He also had 9-foot-11 long jump, 4.52 short shuttle and 7.55 three-cone drill. His mother was at the workout.
Kasey Studdard G Studdard (6-2¼, 303) stood on his 40 times from the Combine. He ran the short shuttle in 4.51 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.71. In addition, he had a 28½-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-8 broad jump.
Selvin Young RB Young (5-10 7/8, 207) ran his 40s in 4.58 and 4.62 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.27 and the three-cone drill in 7.17. He also had a 36½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-4 broad jump.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10078901

I'm starting to really warm-up to Michael Griffin & Tarell Brown. I'm betting they'll be very good players in the league.....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Personally, If I come to see you work out and you *stand by your combine results*. Your point value just took a dive on my draft board. I want to know how you are going to perform everyday, not just on one day.

Run or get the hell out of the way...

adamknite

Reaction score
nyc;1430805 said:
Personally, If I come to see you work out and you *stand by your combine results*. Your point value just took a dive on my draft board. I want to know how you are going to perform everyday, not just on one day.

Run or get the hell out of the way...

I tend to think the same way. I'm also tired with all the "i'm not going to do this at the combine, or that" If you don't have some kind of injury then you should do anything the scouts ask you, since one of those teams are about to hand you a lot of money.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I don't see how you can "start to warm up to" somebody based on their pro day workouts. That's the absolute most preposterous thing I've read here since the last time "the Prophet" posted.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Lyle Sendlein's numbers look eerily similar to mine except I'm 6'2" 210lbs!

:laugh2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
baj1dallas;1430897 said:
I don't see how you can "start to warm up to" somebody based on their pro day workouts. That's the absolute most preposterous thing I've read here since the last time "the Prophet" posted.
so you think they should stand on their combine performance and not work out?

jimmy40

Reaction score
5mics;1430658 said:
FYI -

TEXAS: MARCH 21

Player Position Gil's comments
Justin Blalock OT Blalock (6-3¼, 321) stood on all his Combine performances and did only the position drills (but looked good in those drills). He should be a busy man shortly, with early April visits scheduled with the Cowboys, Commanders, Ravens, Vikings and Rams.
Tarell Brown CB Brown (5-10½, 189) ran a 40 in 4.42 seconds, but strained a hamstring and did not run again. He looked really good in the positional workouts, though.
Tim Crowder DE Crowder (6-2 7/8, 272 pounds) stood on all his Combine performances.
Michael Griffin S Griffin (5-11 7/8, 201) ran the 40 in 4.40 seconds. He also had a 39½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-8 broad jump, and stood on everything else he did at the Combine. He looked good.
Tully Janszen LS Janszen (6-2 3/8, 253) ran his 40s in 4.99 and 5.01 seconds. He also had a 30-inch vertical jump and 9-foot-9 broad jump.
Brian Robinson LB Robison (6-2 7/8, 256) stood on everything he did at the Combine.
Aaron Ross CB Ross (6-0½, 197) stood on everything he did at the Combine.
Lyle Sendlein C Sindline (6-4 3/8, 284) ran his 40s in 5.17 and 5.21seconds, the short shuttle in 4.60 and the three-cone drill in 7.41. He also had a 32-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-9 broad jump. His father Robin had a successful career as a linebacker with the Longhorns and played eight seasons in the NFL.
Ramance Taylor RB Taylor played well in the Rose Bowl against USC in January 2006, but sat out the 2006 season due to academics (he was not draft eligible until 2007, so he was not eligible for the supplemental draft last summer). He worked out at a separate location in the morning before the Texas Pro Day, running outdoors on a Tartan tack. Taylor (5-10 1/8, 195 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 with the wind and 4.57 against it. He also had 9-foot-11 long jump, 4.52 short shuttle and 7.55 three-cone drill. His mother was at the workout.
Kasey Studdard G Studdard (6-2¼, 303) stood on his 40 times from the Combine. He ran the short shuttle in 4.51 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.71. In addition, he had a 28½-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-8 broad jump.
Selvin Young RB Young (5-10 7/8, 207) ran his 40s in 4.58 and 4.62 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.27 and the three-cone drill in 7.17. He also had a 36½-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-4 broad jump.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10078901

I'm starting to really warm-up to Michael Griffin & Tarell Brown. I'm betting they'll be very good players in the league.....

Taylor's 40 time was slower than I expected and I'm not sure what Taylor bringing his mother with him has to do with anything unless she's holding for him.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1430897 said:

What does that mean? "Start to warm up to someone on their pro day workout"? If you didn't have your eye on the guy, why would you even be there in the first place less it was to look at someone else. You warm up to the guy based on his performances. If he wants to only put himself on display once on the track, how do I know he didn't do something to improve his performance and couldn't reproduce the same stats? I don't want to draft someone who used performance enhancers for his combine and then can't even reproduce it on the field on a daily basis.

This is the NFL, put up or shut up.

zeromaster

Reaction score
baj1dallas;1430897 said:
Careful, the "brother"-hood will put you on their list. :D

Silverstar

Reaction score

Griffin is just kicking butt!

He improved on all his numbers from the combine and even grew 1/8 of an inch! :)

HT: 5116 to 5117
WT: 202 to 201
40: 4.45 to 4.40
VJ: 36" to 39 1/2"
BJ: 10'0" to 10'8"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jimmy40;1431100 said:
Taylor's 40 time was slower than I expected and I'm not sure what Taylor bringing his mother with him has to do with anything unless she's holding for him.

While at Texas, he was a 4.3 guy. Sounds to me as if he was out of shape a bit.

joseephuss

Reaction score
5mics;1430658 said:

Anyone think that Young will be drafted? I mean by any team in any round. I don't think he is worth drafting. Maybe picking up as a UDFA to see what he brings to training camp, but not much else. Whatever speed he used to have he lost due to injuries? He is a small back that plays like a small back. Emmitt had similar measurables, but played bigger. Unfair because Emmitt is one of the best all time. Plus Young is a fumbler. I don't see what he brings to the table.

I don't agree that these guys have to run or perform at their pro days. They can do either their pro days or the combine. Seems as if they do at least one, that is enough. Add that to what they did on the field and you should have enough information on them. Running the 40 one more time really isn't going to prove anything.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1430897 said:

Slow your roll, take a deep breath, chill..... Griffin & T. Brown have been highly productive starters for the Longhorns. What their combine & pro-day workouts have shown me is that they are also very athletic players who have been productive in college. Thus, they aren't just work-out warriors. I'm warming-up to them because they are productive, athletic players who should transition well into the pros. How could you not want that for your team?!:confused:

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1431273 said:
While at Texas, he was a 4.3 guy. Sounds to me as if he was out of shape a bit.

That's what he supposedly was while at UT. UDFA at best w/ that showing (gotta take him off my mock draft now):eek::

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Silverstar;1431211 said:
Griffin is just kicking butt!

He improved on all his numbers from the combine and even grew 1/8 of an inch! :)

HT: 5116 to 5117
WT: 202 to 201
40: 4.45 to 4.40
VJ: 36" to 39 1/2"
BJ: 10'0" to 10'8"
He is making himself a whole lot of $$$ w/ these workouts.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss;1431288 said:
Anyone think that Young will be drafted? I mean by any team in any round. I don't think he is worth drafting. Maybe picking up as a UDFA to see what he brings to training camp, but not much else. Whatever speed he used to have he lost due to injuries? He is a small back that plays like a small back. Emmitt had similar measurables, but played bigger. Unfair because Emmitt is one of the best all time. Plus Young is a fumbler. I don't see what he brings to the table.

I don't agree that these guys have to run or perform at their pro days. They can do either their pro days or the combine. Seems as if they do at least one, that is enough. Add that to what they did on the field and you should have enough information on them. Running the 40 one more time really isn't going to prove anything.

I kind of agree with you but you never know. These exact same things were said about Priest Holmes when he came out. Interesting to me that Young actually reminds me of Priest a lot when he was at Texas.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1431599 said:
Hopefully none of it is jerrys.....
Less likely IF we sign Hamlin; will be on our radar IF we don't sign Hamlin.....How do we pass on a productive, athletic FS when that's our biggest area of need?:confused:

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
why does evry 1 hate on watkins? he had a bad rookie year but this is like the jujo argument. give him a chance. i say sign hamlin let watkins sit a bit and ten we see what we have