Longhorns?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Next year I'll be a freshman at UT Austin.

I was wondering how many of you went/are going there and what campus life was like?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2123241 said:

I was wondering how many of you went/are going there and what campus life was like?

I'm a eTx, (82). Unless you're a total recluse, you'll never be bored.

The school is so diversified now, both in academics and student body, that I find it hard to believe that there's not a group for everyone to gravitate to, and find that comfortable environment we all desire.

You might be well served to sign-up at hornfans.com and ask your questions there. There's a good mix of present and ex-students there, so you'll benefit from both points-of-view.

Good luck. Have fun. And....

HOOK 'EM!

Mentos

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2124216 said:
I'm a eTx, (82). Unless you're a total recluse, you'll never be bored.

The school is so diversified now, both in academics and student body, that I find it hard to believe that there's not a group for everyone to gravitate to, and find that comfortable environment we all desire.

You might be well served to sign-up at hornfans.com and ask your questions there. There's a good mix of present and ex-students there, so you'll benefit from both points-of-view.

Good luck. Have fun. And....

HOOK 'EM!

Yeah, it is great there. I graduated from Alabama, but I did spend one weekend at Texas hanging out with a buddy. We took bong hits with Bryant Westbrook one night. It was great. All of us went in the woods and threw rocks at people's houses.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2123241 said:

I can tell you there's nothing to do on Sixth Street, don't waste your time going down there...

There aren't many pretty girls in Austin either... unless you consider 11 billion of 'em a lot... :D :D :D

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Mentos;2124499 said:
Yeah, it is great there. I graduated from Alabama, but I did spend one weekend at Texas hanging out with a buddy. We took bong hits with Bryant Westbrook one night. It was great. All of us went in the woods and threw rocks at people's houses.

Wow. Sounds like a productive weekend. To be so lucky.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Mentos;2124499 said:
Yeah, it is great there. I graduated from Alabama

And you can still type a coherent sentence??

Wow, you must have graduated summa cum laude... so, what did you major in, animal "husbandry"??

Mentos

Reaction score
silverbear;2124590 said:
And you can still type a coherent sentence??

Wow, you must have graduated summa cum laude... so, what did you major in, animal "husbandry"??
Food and nutrition was my major.

My brother majored in poultry science at Auburn.