Longtime lurker, new user!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally decided to join! Big Cowboys fan, always read the discussions here, usually didn't feel the need to post. But, I've decided to finally jump in.
So, what was the impetus for joining now? See something stupid that you just couldn't let slide by this time? That "usually didn't feel the need to post" is intriguing.

I am always interested in posters that lurk for a while, all stealthy and ninja'd up, and then decide to wade on in. Is there a "OK, THAT'S IT, I CANNOT SIT IDLY BY AND ALLOW THIS TO GO ANY FUTHER" moment? I hope it was one of the posters that's been mean to me and you got onto him.

Welcome and I hope the eleven stars before you will be joining in on the fun.

I do not know when I first started doing this at the old DC.com but I lurked for all of 30 seconds before I realized "hey, these people are just talking about the Cowboys, they need my help". Soooooo, I brought my little derailed train of thoughts on in and made everyone feel better about their posts.

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
So, what was the impetus for joining now? See something stupid that you just couldn't let slide by this time? That "usually didn't feel the need to post" is intriguing.

I am always interested in posters that lurk for a while, all stealthy and ninja'd up, and then decide to wade on in. Is there a "OK, THAT'S IT, I CANNOT SIT IDLY BY AND ALLOW THIS TO GO ANY FUTHER" moment? I hope it was one of the posters that's been mean to me and you got onto him.

Welcome and I hope the eleven stars before you will be joining in on the fun.

I do not know when I first started doing this at the old DC.com but I lurked for all of 30 seconds before I realized "hey, these people are just talking about the Cowboys, they need my help". Soooooo, I brought my little derailed train of thoughts on in and made everyone feel better about their posts.
Usually, I just read about the Cowboys and watch the games, just that, content with not posting. Kind of feel like, especially with so many fans, whatever I have to say just doesn't mean much because it's already been said by someone else. Guess I got sick of just lurking, and finally felt it was time to jump in.
Twelfth Star is in reference to me being an Aggie (as in, 12th man). Also, the 12 doubles as an homage to Roger Staubach. "Star" obviously is the iconic Dallas Cowboys star.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Usually, I just read about the Cowboys and watch the games, just that, content with not posting. Kind of feel like, especially with so many fans, whatever I have to say just doesn't mean much because it's already been said by someone else. Guess I got sick of just lurking, and finally felt it was time to jump in.
Twelfth Star is in reference to me being an Aggie (as in, 12th man). Also, the 12 doubles as an homage to Roger Staubach. "Star" obviously is the iconic Dallas Cowboys star.
Gig 'em!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nonsense, do what I do and they'll be thinking 'damn, don't know if I'd have written that'.

Glad to have you...….. even if you are an Aggie. My daughter-in-law's family is all Aggie, all the time. Her grandfather is the Rudder they wrote that book about and named part of the campus after. Fisher will get that program in the same league with AU, AL and LSU soon.

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
Nonsense, do what I do and they'll be thinking 'damn, don't know if I'd have written that'.

Glad to have you...….. even if you are an Aggie. My daughter-in-law's family is all Aggie, all the time. Her grandfather is the Rudder they wrote that book about and named part of the campus after. Fisher will get that program in the same league with AU, AL and LSU soon.
That's cool! And, of course, here we're all Cowboys fan, that's the important part (for this forum)! And yeah, I absolutely haven't given up on Fisher yet. Always knew the turnaround wasn't gonna happen overnight. If he can get A&M to take that next step (which I believe in him), SECW will be A LOT more fun. Very cool about your daughter-in-law!