look at what you guys did

sago1

Reaction score
OK, the way I read it is you all want Romo to remain a monk as long as he's the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys. I assume you all will follow suit in order to support our great QB and suffer with him. Let's see, he'll probably be our starting QB until he's maybe 35 or 36. Hope you guys enjoy the next roughly 8 years of your celebite(sp?) life. Me, I don't worry, I'm married.

Romo should be allowed to conduct his own personal life as he sees fit but needs also remember he is the face of the Dallas Cowboy and as such is a highly visible personality. Most football fans can't name the starting QBs of more then 5 teams but you better believe Romo is one of those 5 and his personal life (particularly Jessica Simpson & Carrie Underwood) provides meat for the tabloid just like Tom Brady.

In Dallas he's the big man and interest in his personal life continue while he's the starting QB. It will only lessens if/when he marries (hopefully not to a Hollywood celebrity who might use him only to further her career) who really loves him & not the celebrity status which comes with his position along with the money. All the money and fund he gets as our QB is great and many of us would envy him, but I bet there are parts of his life he wishes people would just butt out of.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bbgun;1842116 said:
Every week? Ten bucks says she did even know who he was two weeks ago. Twenty bucks says she rooted for him to "throw a home run." Two games in front of the skirts and two flops. An admittedly small sample, but so be it. Some people press in front of family and friends. It happens. The point is that the "Jessica factor" can't be cavalierly written off as absurd. Unlikely, but not inconceivable.

let me get this straight - bob can't possibly know if romo does or does not press - yet you know all this stuff about jessica enough to bet $$$ on it.

geez - some people get so wrapped up in things they can't control it's simply amazing to me.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
theebs;1842095 said:
stephen bowens reaction tonight when asked by brad sham if jessica was a distraction, was priceless.

He said it was a stupid thing to even think, his wife is at every game like most guys.

I cant believe keyshawn johnson used that as a reason we lost on espn, a national sports station, their paid expert analyst opinion was jessica simpson distracted tony romo.

what a joke.

Honestly, while I think it is people being superstitious, it could be a distraction. Professional Boxers keep away from their wives/girl friends before a big fight.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1842104 said:
Romo doesn't press, and it's not like Romo hasn't been out w/ a hot chick before...
...and lost. You not winning that argument by saying that.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
FloridaRob;1842179 said:
Packers are planning to put 8 x 10 glossys of Jessica on their helmets if they play Dallas again.....

lol.

IF we play the pack again and hopefully at home I heard texas stadium were going to put x's on the floor in the visiting players locker room, like a map.

It will say follow the x's for free vicodin. And it will lead him back to the parking lot. Then favre can just be a regular guy like he is and drink some brews and blow off the game!!

Just kidding of course.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
bbgun;1842116 said:
Every week? Ten bucks says she did even know who he was two weeks ago. Twenty bucks says she rooted for him to "throw a home run." Two games in front of the skirts and two flops. An admittedly small sample, but so be it. Some people press in front of family and friends. It happens. The point is that the "Jessica factor" can't be cavalierly written off as absurd. Unlikely, but not inconceivable.

That's the best post about that, that I have read. The people who claim it is absurd have no supporting evidence for the argument, while so far there is circumstantial evidence that it is true. That doesn't mean it is true, and it is unlikely, but not inconceivable. :D On that node, the Red Skins fans at ES want snyder to fly her up there.

utrunner07

Reaction score
bbgun;1842101 said:
It's not inconceivable that he was pressing, knowing that she was watching. Men are known to show off for the ladies. Guess we'll never know for certain.
:bang2:
you do realize she was at the Green Bay game right? So it only effects him some of the time? Your logic is weak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;1842167 said:
Blaming Jessica is just so dumb. Tony stunk it up because he just stunk it up. It happens. Try crediting the Philly D if you must, but it had nothing to do with Jessica. She was also at the Jets game on Thanksgiving and the Packers and we won those. I hope this Jessica jinx dies out soon, its so silly.

Crediting Philly D is even dumber than blaming Jessica, IMO. The game looked like one bad team playing another bad team. Philly's D wasn't impressive. Not the best D we've played. Not the biggest pressure we've seen. Things were open and Tony missed. With Jessica, at least there is circumstantial evidence supporting the superstition. Yeah, it is probably dumb, but so is dismissing it without backing up what you say with facts.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
superpunk;1842191 said:
Wilbon's point was great. From grade school on up, why do we play sports?

To try and impress girls.

Tony's like a baboon with a gigantic red butt.

That may be true, but when you play the game you shouldn't have the girl on your mind. In other words, that little factoid doesn't prove anything. :D

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
sago1;1842342 said:
OK, the way I read it is you all want Romo to remain a monk as long as he's the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys. I assume you all will follow suit in order to support our great QB and suffer with him. Let's see, he'll probably be our starting QB until he's maybe 35 or 36. Hope you guys enjoy the next roughly 8 years of your celebite(sp?) life. Me, I don't worry, I'm married.

Romo should be allowed to conduct his own personal life as he sees fit but needs also remember he is the face of the Dallas Cowboy and as such is a highly visible personality. Most football fans can't name the starting QBs of more then 5 teams but you better believe Romo is one of those 5 and his personal life (particularly Jessica Simpson & Carrie Underwood) provides meat for the tabloid just like Tom Brady.

In Dallas he's the big man and interest in his personal life continue while he's the starting QB. It will only lessens if/when he marries (hopefully not to a Hollywood celebrity who might use him only to further her career) who really loves him & not the celebrity status which comes with his position along with the money. All the money and fund he gets as our QB is great and many of us would envy him, but I bet there are parts of his life he wishes people would just butt out of.

I admit it probably is people being silly by being superstitious. However, I'd feel more at ease if Romo didn't have her up there, just in case. :D As for Romo being allowed to date, well football isn't worth being a monk. Still, if Jessica is a factor that wouldn't mean that he can't date her. He'd just have to handle the situation like a Professional Boxer does. Stay away from her the day before the game, so that he can stay focused. It isn't going to far saying that it just might be possible that he has the wrong thing on his mind during game time.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
It's amazing to me that people ACTUALLY buy into this crap! After playing in front of tens of thousands of people do some of you REALLY believe that some piece of *** attending the game is going to cause Tony to lose focus? This isn't some high schooler trying to impress the head cheerleader here...this is the NFL! The kid just had a bad game...every player does! We've been spoiled by his production this season and anytime he's not over 100 passer rating or he throws a few picks there ALWAYS has to be a reason: "his girlfriend was in attendance" or "the defense has figured him out" or "he cannot play in December"! I'll just chalk it up to a bad performance and see how everything plays out...and I damn sure don't think Jessica Simpleton was the reason Romo flopped Sunday!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
iceberg;1842599 said:
how many men would?
You'd surprised based on some of the comments about her on this site, as if they could do better.

But then, on the net, everybody is a millionaire, know everything about football, have a trouser snake touching the ground while they are standing up, and has a super, super model for a wife or GF.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1842606 said:
You'd surprised based on some of the comments about her on this site, as if they could do better.

But then, on the net, everybody is a millionaire, know everything about football, have a trouser snake touching the ground while they are standing up, and has a super, super model for a wife or GF.

I'm broke, have a small *****(standing or sitting), and an ugly wife.

But I DO know everything about football.

It's good to be alive baby!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
jackrussell;1842856 said:
I'm broke, have a small *****(standing or sitting), and an ugly wife.

But I DO know everything about football.

It's good to be alive baby!
:laugh2: