Look What I Got

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
A coworker at the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) came by my office while he is out for having neck surgery and handed this to me and said he knew I would appreciate this more than anyone. This same guy gave me a signed Nate Newton photo! He's a Lions fan so he has no need for these gems!! How cool is that?

And FYI while I was away I lost my job with the Reeve Foundation due to position cuts. I was going to reapply but I didn't want to go from 5 states to half the country so I left in April 2015 along with 8 others. I got hired by Paralyzed Veterans of America in November 2015 a month after I broke my tibia/fibula. They offered to push my start date back but I was eager to work again and it just went full time November 28th after some rumblings of the VA wanting to hire me. I enjoy working with disabled veterans. I get to work with heroes everyday and hear some amazing stories.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
A coworker at the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) came by my office while he is out for having neck surgery and handed this to me and said he knew I would appreciate this more than anyone. This same guy gave me a signed Nate Newton photo! He's a Lions fan so he has no need for these gems!! How cool is that?

And FYI while I was away I lost my job with the Reeve Foundation due to position cuts. I was going to reapply but I didn't want to go from 5 states to half the country so I left in April 2015 along with 8 others. I got hired by Paralyzed Veterans of America in November 2015 a month after I broke my tibia/fibula. They offered to push my start date back but I was eager to work again and it just went full time November 28th after some ru
mblings of the VA wanting to hire me. I enjoy working with disabled vete rans. I get to work with heroes everyday and hear some amazing stories.

I hope everything continues going well for you Kristi....just FYI, the V.A. has recently started with television ads trying to recruit doctors, nurses and office personnel. They have been short of doctors in the Dallas and east Texas areas for several months. My primary is in Tyler but have to go to the Dallas VA for any specialized visits. They have actually allowed us to sometimes use the Choice program when an appoinment is longer tha 30 days........anyway good luck to you.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

And FYI while I was away I lost my job with the Reeve Foundation due to position cuts. I was going to reapply but I didn't want to go from 5 states to half the country so I left in April 2015 along with 8 others. I got hired by Paralyzed Veterans of America in November 2015 a month after I broke my tibia/fibula. They offered to push my start date back but I was eager to work again and it just went full time November 28th after some rumblings of the VA wanting to hire me. I enjoy working with disabled veterans. I get to work with heroes everyday and hear some amazing stories.

Hope all is going well with you.
I liked the videos after the games when you posted them.