Looking ahead to next season

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Who are you looking to keep in free agency and who are you looking to let walk?

- I would prioritize to keep Gregory, Kearse and Hooker, and either re-sign the rest cheap or let them walk. Gallup has been too injury prone, he can walk. Williams too inconsistent, he can walk.

Who's your pet cats and primary target positions on day one and day two of the draft?

- I would target interior O-line the most, then maybe draft an interior D-line man and an ILB to replace Vander Esch. Also, need to draft a competent Quarterback.

Who are you looking forward to most for development in training camp and preseason?

- I am looking forward to more from the 2021 draft class, Kelvin Joseph and Jabril Cox should be cemented as starters and Cox coming back from injury should be a cornerstone at inside linebacker. I would want to maintain Parsons as a pass rusher more often than not. It's a shame Parsons ended 2021 with a whimper but he has a lot of potential for 2022 and beyond.

It's definitely a shame how the 2021-22 season ended, but the Cowboys have a good young cornerstone on defense to look forward to for the 2022-23 NFL season. The offense looks a bit shakier with the loss of a tight end and at least one starting wide receiver and serious question marks on the offensive line and at Quarterback.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We’re about to play a game and you want to talk about next season? Ok, I’m down.

Gregory & Kearse are a priority.

Im out on Hooker and I’m probably the only person on this forum who thinks Kazee is amazing bang for your buck but I’d keep him.

Also, it’s not a popular opinion right now at all but I’m looking to keep Schultz as well.

Yes, fixing the Oline is our#1 priority.

phildadon86

Reaction score

- I would prioritize to keep Gregory, Kearse and Hooker, and either re-sign the rest cheap or let them walk. Gallup has been too injury prone, he can walk. Williams too inconsistent, he can walk.

Who's your pet cats and primary target positions on day one and day two of the draft?

- I would target interior O-line the most, then maybe draft an interior D-line man and an ILB to replace Vander Esch. Also, need to draft a competent Quarterback.

Who are you looking forward to most for development in training camp and preseason?

- I am looking forward to more from the 2021 draft class, Kelvin Joseph and Jabril Cox should be cemented as starters and Cox coming back from injury should be a cornerstone at inside linebacker. I would want to maintain Parsons as a pass rusher more often than not. It's a shame Parsons ended 2021 with a whimper but he has a lot of potential for 2022 and beyond.

It's definitely a shame how the 2021-22 season ended, but the Cowboys have a good young cornerstone on defense to look forward to for the 2022-23 NFL season. The offense looks a bit shakier with the loss of a tight end and at least one starting wide receiver and serious question marks on the offensive line and at Quarterback.
Next season? Lol it’s January and we’re playing a home playoff game next week.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Next season? Lol it’s January and we’re playing a home playoff game next week.
Let's be realistic; this season is over. It's cooked. Parsons has the Big C and will either be out for next week's game or very useless. We don't have a confident quarterback nor is he 100% nor do we have an offensive line this year who can protect him. This season is over. It's time to bury the once-hopeful 2021 in the past and look ahead.

Dallas has an exactly zero percent chance to win a playoff road game with this coach and Quarterback.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Serious question marks is towards some fans who pretend to be Cowboys fans.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Let's be realistic; this season is over. It's cooked. Parsons has the Big C and will either be out for next week's game or very useless. We don't have a confident quarterback nor is he 100% nor do we have an offensive line this year who can protect him. This season is over. It's time to bury the once-hopeful 2021 in the past and look ahead.

Dallas has an exactly zero percent chance to win a playoff road game with this coach and Quarterback.
Get lost Troll!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The playoffs are just about to start in a week and you want to look ahead to next year and talk about free agency? lol We have the entire offseason to do that. That’s the last thing anyone wants to be talking about now. Get real!

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I think we'll be lucky to keep five of our ten FA starters, let alone feed the other fourteen. We are not in good shape with the cap.

Really unsure what this team looks like next year but it could be ugly considering our propensity to bargain shop for free agents. Need to draft extremely well, probably looking for 3-4 starters.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
The playoffs are just about to start in a week and you want to look ahead to next year and talk about free agency? lol We have the entire offseason to do that. That’s the last thing I want to be talking about now. Get real!
In my mind, this season is already over and the offseason has already begun. Dallas is doing nothing in the playoffs this year.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think we'll be lucky to keep five of our ten FA starters, let alone feed the other fourteen. We are not in good shape with the cap.

Really unsure what this team looks like next year but it could be ugly considering our propensity to bargain shop for free agents. Need to draft extremely well, probably looking for 3-4 starters.

Just by doing the restructures to our best players we can add close to 70m in cap space. It's not an excuse.

Xeven

Reaction score
Find another Parsons and use the rest to get young hoss OL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In my mind, this season is already over and the offseason has already begun. Dallas is doing nothing in the playoffs this year.

You sound like one of those fans that looks forward to the offseason more then the season. There’s fans on here that want to start talking draft as soon as the Cowboys drop a couple of games. They’re throwing in the towel before half the season is over.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks to Dak, Zeke, and DLaw the list of players who can be retained is rather slim.

So no faith in Dak means automatic troll........ mmmmmkay
The guy is trolling, and everyone sees it. That it's allowed is what is shocking. He does it all of the time.

shabazz

Reaction score

my head says your correct based on the current state of the team and the lack of momentum. My heart says they may win a game if they can get all 3 phases of the team to show up at the same time

the good news is that a couple people here have declared that Rayne Dakotas mammoth contract will not prevent the Cowboys from getting the free agents needed to complete this team nor will it stop them from retaining current players……..so according to them, there’s absolutely no consequences to paying one player over 20% of the teams salary

the Lombardi may be eminent……but not this year. Maybe Rodgers, Brady and Stanford will retire too.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
my head says your correct based on the current state of the team and the lack of momentum. My heart says they may win a game if they can get all 3 phases of the team to show up at the same time

the good news is that a couple people here have declared that Rayne Dakotas mammoth contract will not prevent the Cowboys from getting the free agents needed to complete this team nor will it stop them from retaining current players……..so according to them, there’s absolutely no consequences to paying one player over 20% of the teams salary

the Lombardi may be eminent……but not this year. Maybe Rodgers, Brady and Stanford will retire too.
I'm not worried about Matthew Stafford. He's only 33, so no retirement, but he's also wildly inconsistent.

We just need to make sure someone... someone defeats GB this year and Fraudgers leaves that team somehow in the offseason. Adams, too