Looking ahead to next week. Interesting lineup

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
A few teams ahead of us get to beat up on each other. Should be a interesting week if we handle our business Thursday.

NY Giants @ Washington
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Arizona @ Philadelphia (Thursday Night)
Chicago @ Minnesota
Carolina @ Green Bay
Atlanta @ San Diego

Pretty much outside of Atlanta and Dallas the top 9 teams in the playoff race all play each other

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2439191 said:
A few teams ahead of us get to beat up on each other. Should be a interesting week if we handle our business Thursday.

NY Giants @ Washington
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Chicago @ Minnesota
Carolina @ Green Bay
Atlanta @ San Diego

Pretty much outside of Atlanta and Dallas the top 9 teams in the playoff race all play each other

We need the Dallas win, of course, and losses by the Skins, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers, and Atlanta.

That would be a very good week for us.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2439195 said:
We need the Dallas win, of course, and losses by the Skins, Eagles, Vikings, Panthers, and Atlanta.

That would be a very good week for us.

I think a Skins and Eagles loss is a given......but anything is possible I guess

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Why would it be better for us for the Vikings to lose rather than the Bears? Aren't they both 6-5 right now? Maybe we have a better conference record than the Bears but not the Vikes?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
We need to win on thanksgiving so I can focus all my psychic powers on getting wildcard teams to lose.

BHendri5

Reaction score
we need the cards, falcons, skins, panthers, to lose for sure

gmoney112

Reaction score
BHendri5;2439268 said:
we need the cards, falcons, skins, panthers, to lose for sure

cards? they have the west clinched. need skins, bucs, panthers, and falcons to lose to put us in a good position

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2439223 said:
Why would it be better for us for the Vikings to lose rather than the Bears? Aren't they both 6-5 right now? Maybe we have a better conference record than the Bears but not the Vikes?

The Bears are leading their division - let them win it. We want the Vikings to lose to push them farther down the "in the hunt" totem pole.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the Bears, Vikings, and Packers all entered this weekend at 5-5. Both the Bears and Vikings won and the Pack play tomorrow night. No one leads that division right now.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Since they're tied, I see it as 6 in one, half a dozen the other. Doesn't really make any difference which one wins, again, unless one of them has a better conference record.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
If Carolina wins and Tampa loses, Carolina would take the division lead, and Tampa would (I think) have the same record as us. Wouldn't that put us above Tampa, leaving only Washington/Atlanta ahead of us?

StylisticS

Reaction score
got to admit. People say if college football ever get a playoff, you could never get a discussion like this. Yet we're doing the exact same thing in the NFL. Wake up college presidents.

HomeOfLegends;2439191 said:

NY Giants @ Washington
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Chicago @ Minnesota
Carolina @ Green Bay
Atlanta @ San Diego

Carolina needed to win today. But they didn't so they can go ahead and lose next week. I think the loser of that Green Bay@ New Orleans game tomorrow will be desperate for the next game. Go Chargers oh and more importantly, Go Cowboys.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The sad part of this whole discussion is that going into this season, I would never have guessed that we'd have to count on other teams to lose for use to get into the playoffs. :(

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Atlanta beats San Diego on the road i'll be upset.

Philly is done. Not really worried about them anymore.

Washington and Atlanta are the 2 teams I want L's next to for the rest of the year.

dfense

Reaction score
Man, I'm getting dizzy with all this. Atlanta and Tampa need to lose or Dallas is staying home.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don't really care about any of this crap. Personally, I love where the team is sitting. Their backs are to the wall and every game appears to be a must win. If they can go 5-0 or 4-1 against the toughest remaining schedule in the entire NFL, they will be more than ready for the playoffs. If they can't, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The last thing I want is for them to make the playoffs and lose in round 1 again. I'd rather they just miss out, realize they need a real backup QB, and play with a chip on their shoulder next year. This year was killed by injuries but they have a shot to go deep in the playoffs if they can handle those last 4 games. I really can't wait until next year with Felix and RW11 truely incorporated into this offense and a few new safties and linebackers added to the defense.

rynochop

Reaction score
Cowboys22;2439849 said:
I don't really care about any of this crap. Personally, I love where the team is sitting. Their backs are to the wall and every game appears to be a must win. If they can go 5-0 or 4-1 against the toughest remaining schedule in the entire NFL, they will be more than ready for the playoffs. If they can't, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The last thing I want is for them to make the playoffs and lose in round 1 again. I'd rather they just miss out, realize they need a real backup QB, and play with a chip on their shoulder next year. This year was killed by injuries but they have a shot to go deep in the playoffs if they can handle those last 4 games. I really can't wait until next year with Felix and RW11 truely incorporated into this offense and a few new safties and linebackers added to the defense.

I think 4-1 is doable, I just feel this offense is about to get on a huge roll and start to rack up a ton of points, along with the D playing pretty well, sans the trash points late yesterday. Tough to envision them beating both Pitt at home and the Giants. Just take care of business on Turkey Day.