Looking at the Ravens message boards...

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
These are just a few trash talkin' and props posts, taken from a few popular Raven message boards.

i think we have to hit em in the mouth because they are a soft team if they get hit hard they fold like envelopes
------------
They have a pretty good OL. We can't be sending too many blitzes all the time. They should be able to hold our pressure for the most part. Then they will pick apart our secondary. We really need to focus on playing shut down pass defense. If anything blitz early in the game and try to get in Romo's head. Hopefully we can't get some turnovers. And unlike last week, actually capatilize on them.
--------------
Im not really worried about their defense outside of DeMarcus Ware. It's not like they have been stopping offensive juggernauts. Wash? SF? Seattle? Pitts? and a Giants team missing their top WR and RB, sorry im not impressed.
----------
I think we can put up points against their D. Which is good, because we will need to do this, to keep up with their O. It's going to be a race to the finish line. We just can't let them pick up our pressure easily and pick our secondary apart.
-----------
Prescription for win over Cowboys.

Bang up Romo Early and Run efficiently.
Dance on their star at the close.

------------
As much as an optimist that I am...I also have to concede that many wishes that we might have about a blowout or win against the Cowboys---could be a bit premature.
Here's the Raven's only real chance of stopping the Cowboys and winning the game:

1. Forget the nonsense about "jamming" or "jacking" T.O. at the line. T.O. is a big, tall, strong dude. Our cornerbacks aren't physical enough to get the job done. Just simply do what nearly every other team has been doing for the past 12 weeks---Keep the double coverage on him and that usually is enough.

2. If you're going to "jam" somebody on the line....HIT WITTEN. I repeat. HIT WITTEN. Any Ravens fan (as well as anyone who follows football) is going to concede that Jason Witten is a stud. Period. He can break your back if you give him the slightest bit of room.

3. For the love of God---Dallas THRIVES on the screen pass and the draw play. Hell...it's almost like clockwork for the Dallas offense to send out a 3 WR package--send them deep---and cut loose the ol' draw play. The absolutely do it to death. Especially the draw from the shotgun. They ate the Giants up with that crap. Our Defensive Ends and Linebackers should know and expect this. Also beware of Tashard Choice. While he hesitates (in typical rookie fashion) trying to find a hole to run through (unlike Marion Barber)---if he gets into the open field; we are going to be hurting BIG TIME. He can/will break big runs.

4. We have GOT to sack Romo. A LOT. He is one of the more elusive QBs in the game....respect that. Blitz often. Romo is at his very best when he has time. Take the time away from him and he makes mistakes like anybody else.

5. Recognize and make it a point to know where the hell Demarcus Ware (see the above "stud" designation) is AT ALL TIMES. This guy WILL KILL OUR OFFENSE. Period. The second that you concentrate solely upon him..Ellis or James will absolutely wreck your world. Dallas has a great defense and they are QUICK. Dallas also moves all of these guys around with regularity (as in where they line up on the ball). Flacco has got to be able to effectively audible-ize the play at the line and the offense has GOT TO RESPOND.

We have to establish a running game. HAVE TO. Dump the ball out quick---Dallas nearly always gives up 12-15 yards underneath---like clockwork---but maintains good downfield coverage because their FS/SS are friggin' quick. Dallas' secondary is banged all to hell and back---but they've still got some guys back there who can play--- (i.e., Newman). Good ball control...no penalties...no FRIGGIN TURNOVERS...and solid defense is absolutely paramount. If we can protect Flacco, establish the run, and burn up their secondary---I think that we'll do fine.

---------
You watch, Dallas is going to run hurry up style offense with 4 reciever sets. They know they can't run on us, especially with a beat up Barber and practice squad 4th rounder. Our nickel package is soft, Ivy and Walker can't hang and Rolle has lost a step. We must get to Romo and get to him fast. If we win the time of possession battle and give them the ball on a long field I like our chances. Running the ball is important but we cannot be so predictable on offense. We have to throw on first down and work the play action for big plays downfield. I pray that Rice is healthy beause Mcgahee's confidence is shot and with a game of this magnitude I think it's best that he's on the bench. Watch the post season game last year when NY beat Dallas, they ran the ball all over them and Osi and Strahan ate Romo up. Romo WILL turn the ball over if we pressure him, he's done it his entire career, the dude is a choke show. Turnoevers lead to wins, and we need a little bit of luck to keep up with their offensive firepower. The one thing that has been killing the Raven's all year is getting the ball in the endzone when we are in the redzone. Flacco really had a bad game against Pitt. but not one of our recievers made a big catch or play, and there there were 2 big redzone drops by Mcclain and Mason that should have led to touchdowns. Defensive scoring, controlling the clock and field possession are how we beat Dallas.
---------

how to beat Cowboys?
Do what the Indians used to do when they needed rain and hope for miracles

-------------
I dont see anyway we can beat them... Our offense is going to have to play a INSANELY great game.

The Cowboys offense will consist of:
Romo (QB)
Owens (WR)
Crayton (WR)
Williams (WR)
Witten (TE)

The Ravens our going to have to find a way to match up with the talent they have on offense which I dont see happening.
Owens - Rolle (PRESS COVERAGE AND T.O. IS USELESS)

Crayton - Ivy (ummm enough said) (COULD HAVE WALKER COVERING)

Williams - Walker (there is no way that Walker covers Williams) (COULD HAVE IVY COVERING)

Witten - Ray Ray (Ray has had problems covering... when he has problems he ends up holding)

Also this is the LAST game in Texas Stadium....they are going to want to win badly... especially with playoff hopes.

-----------------
Ravens 9

Cowpokes 31

We cant score on 3 posessions inside the redzone in our backyard, what makes us think we are going to do it on the festivous ocassion in Dallas?

--------
The Cowboys have been a very up and down team. Let's hope we get the "down" Cowboys.

If not, I don't like our chances very much.

Then again, this has been such an unpredictable year anything can happen.

-------------
seriously who is going to cover Owens....Williams....Witten? If a quarterback has a quick release or can scramble and make things happen like Rothlessberger, we struggle. We don't have the d-backs to get physical with an of those three guys I mentioned which means we have to play off them. Romo will throw quick slants and outs all night long...like rothlessberger did on the final drive. If our guys come up, then the threat of going long occurs.

This is a horrible match up for us this week. We have one of the best teams in the NFl but like Pyite says...this game might look a lot like Indy.

-------------
This is gonna be a loss gentlemen. The ONLY way we stop their Offense is getting to Romo early and often, preferably getting his back to hurt a little more and hopefully removing him from the game. That is the only way we win this game.....
----------
If we win, it's because our offense overachieved against their good defense, and because our secondary overachieved against their big receivers.

Not impossible, but if Sunday morning we are celebrating a win, that will be how it happened. As others have said, the matchups against this team basically suck. We matched up *much* better against the Stealers.

Cowboys, 20 - 6.

Throw in a careful but effective Ravens offense, and ~2 bad mistakes by Dallas, and it could just as easily be Ravens 20 - 6. This is a tough one to call, but I'll go with Dallas.

------------------
If Fabian is out I would be inclined to agree unfortunately.

Although Romo is no Peyton, his stupidity gives me hope!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Last I knew, posters don't play the game.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I'm going to love it when our secondary shuts them completely down.

Newman gets a pick six.

Scandrick gets his first.

Cowboys win, BIG.

28-3

nathanlt

Reaction score
You watch, Dallas is going to run hurry up style offense with 4 reciever sets. They know they can't run on us, especially with a beat up Barber and practice squad 4th rounder. Our nickel package is soft, Ivy and Walker can't hang and Rolle has lost a step. We must get to Romo and get to him fast. If we win the time of possession battle and give them the ball on a long field I like our chances. Running the ball is important but we cannot be so predictable on offense. We have to throw on first down and work the play action for big plays downfield. I pray that Rice is healthy beause Mcgahee's confidence is shot and with a game of this magnitude I think it's best that he's on the bench. Watch the post season game last year when NY beat Dallas, they ran the ball all over them and Osi and Strahan ate Romo up. Romo WILL turn the ball over if we pressure him, he's done it his entire career, the dude is a choke show. Turnoevers lead to wins, and we need a little bit of luck to keep up with their offensive firepower. The one thing that has been killing the Raven's all year is getting the ball in the endzone when we are in the redzone. Flacco really had a bad game against Pitt. but not one of our recievers made a big catch or play, and there there were 2 big redzone drops by Mcclain and Mason that should have led to touchdowns. Defensive scoring, controlling the clock and field possession are how we beat Dallas.

I hope they shape their game plan on that idea, it will bite them... HARD!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Im worried about Ed Reed...dudes a ball hawk

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SteveOS;2505101 said:
These are just a few trash talkin' and props posts, taken from a few popular Raven message boards.

i think we have to hit em in the mouth because they are a soft team if they get hit hard they fold like envelopes

That's the way the Steelers and Giants thought too... didn't see either of them being more physical than the Boys are...

I don't know where this myth got started, of the Cowboys as a "soft" team, but I sure haven't seen it... in the Giants game in particular, they were physically dominant...

--------------
Im not really worried about their defense outside of DeMarcus Ware. It's not like they have been stopping offensive juggernauts. Wash? SF? Seattle? Pitts? and a Giants team missing their top WR and RB, sorry im not impressed.

Guess he thinks the Ravens ARE an "offensive juggernaut"...

LOL... strange how they only rank 21st in total offense-- behind Washington, and just one slot ahead of the Niners... so if we were able to stuff them, why shouldn't we be able to cope with the Ravens' offense??

----------
I think we can put up points against their D. Which is good, because we will need to do this, to keep up with their O. It's going to be a race to the finish line. We just can't let them pick up our pressure easily and pick our secondary apart.

The Cowboys have allowed a total of 60 points on defense in the last 5 games... they've given up 69 points total, but 7 came on an int return, and 2 came on a safety...

So that's an average of 12.0 points per game over the last 5 games... they have allowed just 4 TDs in those 5 games...

And the Ravens have averaged just 23.2 points per game, it's not like they're a scoring machine...

-----------
Prescription for win over Cowboys.

Bang up Romo Early and Run efficiently.

Romo has been sacked just 15 times in 11 games, the Boys generally do a pretty fair job of protecting him... meanwhile, the Ravens' pass rush is just OK...

As for "running efficiently", the Ravens have the 6th worst yards per carry average in the NFL (3.8 YPA), and the Cowboys rank 7th in rushing defense...

It gets better (or worse, if you're a Ravens fan) if you look at the last 5 games-- the Boys have allowed 365 yards rushing on 99 carries in those 5 games, an average of 73 yards per game and 3.7 yards per carry... they have allowed no rushing TDs in those 5 games... if they'd managed to allow 73 yards per game for the entire season, they'd currently be the 2nd best run defense in the league... their 3.7 YPA allowed would rank them 6th...

Consider that two of those five opponents have pretty good running games, the Giants ranking 2nd in the NFL, the Skins ranking 8th... the logical conclusion is that the Ravens, who have a decent but not overpowering running game, are not likely to put up big numbers on the ground against the Boys...

silverbear

Reaction score
nathanlt;2505285 said:
You watch, Dallas is going to run hurry up style offense with 4 reciever sets.

Uhhhh, that would put Witten on the bench...

Not gonna happen... the Cowboys only run 4 wides on VERY rare occasions, and it's never a mainstay of their offense...

BTW, Nathan, I know those aren't your words, but rather the words of a poster to the Ravens' board...

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
silverbear;2505302 said:
Guess he thinks the Ravens ARE an "offensive juggernaut"...

LOL... strange how they only rank 21st in total offense-- behind Washington, and just one slot ahead of the Niners... so if we were able to stuff them, why shouldn't we be able to cope with the Ravens' offense??

I laughed at that comment as well. The Ravens poster asserts that any success enjoyed by Dallas's defense is due solely to the poor offenses they've played; however, he conveniently ignores that Baltimore's defense has played worse offenses on average than Dallas has.

the kid 05

Reaction score
silverbear;2505303 said:
Uhhhh, that would put Witten on the bench...

Not gonna happen... the Cowboys only run 4 wides on VERY rare occasions, and it's never a mainstay of their offense...

BTW, Nathan, I know those aren't your words, but rather the words of a poster to the Ravens' board...

or have Witten be the 4th wide out

silverbear

Reaction score
the kid 05;2505327 said:
or have Witten be the 4th wide out

That would be a 3 WR set... a 4 WR set means you have four wide receivers lining up...

Witten is a WR in a TE's body, but he's still a TE...

the kid 05

Reaction score
silverbear;2505335 said:
That would be a 3 WR set... a 4 WR set means you have four wide receivers lining up...

Witten is a WR in a TE's body, but he's still a TE...

true. but i've thought we've seen 4 wide out sets earlier this season but with Witten or Bennett on the field of play out wide?

Ren

Reaction score
"Im not really worried about their defense outside of DeMarcus Ware. It's not like they have been stopping offensive juggernauts. Wash? SF? Seattle? Pitts? and a Giants team missing their top WR and RB, sorry im not impressed"

Newsflash Ravens fans your offense is worse then all of those

Edit: also we thrive of the screen pass? lol i hope these clowns are the once game planning cause we'd have this one in the bag

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
nathanlt;2505285 said:

I hope they shape their game plan on that idea, it will bite them... HARD!

I'm sorry but what the **** are you doing here? Terrell Owens is still on our team, therefore, you shouldn't be - according to you

MONT17

Reaction score
considering the Cowboys will more than likely lose the Special teams battle they will have to win both on O and D... Ravens traveling on a short week helps as well.

ED REED could have 3 or 4 picks...

McClain is much like Brandon Jacobs so the Boys must man up and stop the run no questions asked... no breaks this week!

Cowboys stay away from the Ravens big play they will win, np!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
"i think we have to hit em in the mouth because they are a soft team if they get hit hard they fold like envelopes"

How did that work out for the Giants last week? Funny how these clowns hear something on ESPN and suddenly they think it is gospel. This team might be unprepared at times but they are not soft.

"Im not really worried about their defense outside of DeMarcus Ware. It's not like they have been stopping offensive juggernauts. Wash? SF? Seattle? Pitts? and a Giants team missing their top WR and RB, sorry im not impressed. "

Is he saying Baltimore's offense is a juggernaut? Pretty much all of the teams he mentioned have as good if not better offenses then the Ravens.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;2505103 said:
Last I knew, posters don't play the game.

That's probably exactly what they're saying after reading this board.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Ren;2505338 said:
"Im not really worried about their defense outside of DeMarcus Ware. It's not like they have been stopping offensive juggernauts. Wash? SF? Seattle? Pitts? and a Giants team missing their top WR and RB, sorry im not impressed"

Newsflash Ravens fans your offense is worse then all of those

Edit: also we thrive of the screen pass? lol i hope these clowns are the once game planning cause we'd have this one in the bag

Ha, I laughed at the "thrives on the screen" part, too. We don't. At all. We hardly ever use it.