News: Looking for clues as to who Cowboys might draft? Here's who they've been talking to at NFL combine

CCBoy

Reaction score
Looking for clues as to who Cowboys might draft? Here's who they've been talking to at NFL combine

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/03/04/cowboys-interviewing-nfl-combine

The player interviews at the NFL combine are as important - if not more important - in the evaluation process as an athlete's 40-yard dash time, bench-pressing skills, vertical jump, etc.

Teams sometimes draft players they haven't interviewed, but more often a player who gets drafted by a team has also had a sit-down conversation with that team.

So, who have the Cowboys already interviewed and who will they sit down with in Indianapolis?...

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Look at those inside linebackers they are looking at. 1st round linebackers. Hmmmm

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry says Jaylon is ready to go. The fact that they are looking at LB's tells me otherwise.

Where are the CB's and SS's?

The interviews will be spread out over six days and these are only the formal ones.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
can somebody just post who is on that list? i dont feel like subscribing

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think they are looking to go BPA outside of the RB, C, and QB positions in the first 2 rounds. They may take a RB in the 3rd round if he's distinctly the BPA on their board. I think they probably feel that the BPA in the first round will be one of the positions of the players they met with (TE, WR, CB, DT).

YR

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The most telling statement here actually comes from Dede Westbrook.

Apparently our coaches asked him "how do you feel you fit lining up next to Dez & Beasley?".

Seems like TWill is not on the radar...?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Look at those inside linebackers they are looking at. 1st round linebackers. Hmmmm

Actually, I see that list of linebackers and see the exact opposite. So far, the LB's they have met with:
Ben Gedeon, ILB, Michigan
T.J. Watt, OLB/ILB, Wisconsin
Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Zack Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt

Am I missing someone? Because Watt, Reddick, and Cunningham are LEO types , like Vic Beasley not 4-3 MLB. Gedeon is a day 3 kid and is more of a Durant or Gachkar replacement. So, I read that list and thought that they were very confident in Smith being ready.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think they are looking to go BPA outside of the RB, C, and QB positions in the first 2 rounds. They may take a RB in the 3rd round if he's distinctly the BPA on their board. I think they probably feel that the BPA in the first round will be one of the positions of the players they met with (TE, WR, CB, DT).

YR

Yep. Free agency will see us fill a few holes then on day 1 and day 2 we go BPA at DE, WR, CB, DT, S, OLB(I think they are looking for a Beasley, Shazier LEO type) and I would not be surprised to see OT during day 2 if a good one falls to us. On day 3 we add all of the other positions into the mix.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jerry says Jaylon is ready to go. The fact that they are looking at LB's tells me otherwise.

Where are the CB's and SS's?

Tells you they need to put three guys on the field. All the inside guys would be fine in either of our "outside" positions

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Jerry says that? We better draft one then.
If we don't we have Wilson, Hitchens and Nz'cha ready to go with Wilbur still here for another year as your SAM. It wouldn't say it's a need, but it would look alot better with Jaylon

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Even if Jaylon is ready LB is a need. Lee stayed healthy and I hope it continues but he is starting to age and Smith is really an unknown. That's it, Wilson is getting better but is anybody confident in Hitchens.....I know Risen is pretty high on Hitchens haha seriously though if a top LB happened to be there then we need to be prepared and know the prospect

Pants

Reaction score
I am actually ok with Hitchens...if he, Lee and Smith are all playing, who's to say that Dallas doesn't throw some 3-4 packages together and let the LB's pressure from the outside while they stuff up the middle?

csirl

Reaction score
A few DE and DT projected to go early on the list. It wouldn't surprise me if we went DE and DT in the first 2 rounds.