Video: Looks like 70 did report himself eligible and screwed up

mrmojo

Reaction score
Back in the day the TV announcing crew would also mention that an OL was eligible, kind of like Brad and Babe did on the radio broadcast.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
So Dallas looks foolish, for not covering a guy, who is ineligible to catch a pass? Make it make sense....
Detroit was trying to be extra-very sneaky, but they played themselves. Ref announced to the world "#70 is eligible"

And if I understand it right, #70 was lined up at RT and was covered.

If so, then the illegal touching is moot because the Lions were in an illegal formation.

If I'm wrong, please correct me...
5slBUd6.jpg

Jumbo075

Reaction score
There is no way the Cowboys leave 68 uncovered if he was identified as an eligible receiver. So the notion that he would still have been wide open to catch the pass is a bad assumption.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If I’m Dan Campbell and I have a throw called to 68 and the Ref announces 70 as eligible… I’m not just letting the ball get thrown to 68 because it is a penalty, 100%.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Detroit was trying to be extra-very sneaky, but they played themselves. Ref announced to the world "#70 is eligible"

And if I understand it right, #70 was lined up at RT and was covered.

If so, then the illegal touching is moot because the Lions were in an illegal formation.

If I'm wrong, please correct me...
5slBUd6.jpg
Nope, You nailed it.