Looks like McNabb's finished...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
from www.draftsharks.com

** Eagles HC Andy Reid just announced that Donovan McNabb consulted with Philadelphia surgeon Dr. William Meyers regarding his groin and hernia injuries. Dr. Meyers recommended McNabb have surgery to correct the problem(s). It looks like he's done.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
But I thought McNabb was faking!!!!

All of you on the board who slammed those of us who said he wasn't faking need to stand up and say you were wrong.

I'm waiting -- Mr. JamesWoods -- We'll start with you.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Good move on their part. Injuries/T.O. have killed their season. Get healthy for next year.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
The scary part of that is that it could be an impetus for the Eagles to reinstate Owens. McMahon/Owens would stand a better chance of stealing a playoff spot from Dallas than McNabb/scrub wrs.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
abersonc said:

All of you on the board who slammed those of us who said he wasn't faking need to stand up and say you were wrong.

I'm sorry Abersonc. He wasn't faking. He is just an unbelievably horrible dancer.

;)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
abersonc said:

Did people dispute the injury itself or his reaction?

I think he was overly dramatic after the interception and it was his pride that was hurting as much as the injuries.

He has been in physical distress, but had the Eagles hit the 60 yard FG, I firmly believe that there would be a "miracle" healing.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
I think it is easy for us to underestimate the damage that Mondays performance could have on McNabb.

The guy went from hero to outcast within a matter of 2 minutes. Had they gone on to win that game Monday, he would be a hero right now. Everyone would be talking about how he pulled out the win without TO. How the team (and McNabb) can win without TO. How he manned up and played with the injury.

But instead he throws 1 pass that could change how he is remembered.

1 pass that lead to a loss...and lead to his aggravation of the hernia.

And now he has to bow out this season....so it will be a year before he can come out and try to answer the questions that are now hanging over him.

And this following his *Choke* in last years superbowl.

I would not want to be that guy right now.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
The scary part of that is that it could be an impetus for the Eagles to reinstate Owens. McMahon/Owens would stand a better chance of stealing a playoff spot from Dallas than McNabb/scrub wrs.
I've seen that argument presented on the Eagles board.

I don't buy it.

If it was true, then the same argument could be stated for bringing back Owens with McNabb in. Now you may say the difference is that without McNabb, the Eagles don't have to worry about his feelings on the matter. But McNabb is the frachise quarterback, make no mistake about it. He's along for the ride this year and next year comes back with a vengeance. He'll be on the sidelines rooting for McMahon to lead the offense down the field.

Andy Reid should have listened to Jerry Rice three months ago. He won't waver now that he has executed his action.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
I think it is easy for us to underestimate the damage that Mondays performance could have on McNabb.

The guy went from hero to outcast within a matter of 2 minutes. Had they gone on to win that game Monday, he would be a hero right now. Everyone would be talking about how he pulled out the win without TO. How the team (and McNabb) can win without TO. How he manned up and played with the injury.

But instead he throws 1 pass that could change how he is remembered.

1 pass that lead to a loss...and lead to his aggravation of the hernia.

And now he has to bow out this season....so it will be a year before he can come out and try to answer the questions that are now hanging over him.

And this following his *Choke* in last years superbowl.

I would not want to be that guy right now.

totally true. this town has really turned on him this week.

typical philly.

1fisher

Reaction score
abersonc said:

could have been a little faking...... afterall, he was moving around pretty good when he thought McMahon completed that pass on the last drive. He was signaling him to down the ball and moving around quiet well.........

AbeBeta

Reaction score
1fisher said:
could have been a little faking...... afterall, he was moving around pretty good when he thought McMahon completed that pass on the last drive. He was signaling him to down the ball and moving around quiet well.........

and he appeared to not be moving well at all on the drive after he was hurt. big difference between jumping off a bench and playing football.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
You wanna talk smack? Well, let me just say that I could outfish 1fisher any day of the week and twice so on a cool wednesday morning! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, fisherboy!

sillycon

Reaction score
abersonc said:
and he appeared to not be moving well at all on the drive after he was hurt. big difference between jumping off a bench and playing football.

If your groin is involved, I'd imagine jumping like that has to hurt. Again, as someone mentioned before(and in that other thread), noone doubts that he's injured or hurting. However, it's totally reasonable to wonder if he was being overly dramatic about it after falling to the grass on that INT...

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
abersonc said:

Nobody said he didn't have a sports hernia. I personnally wondered when in Monday night's game he hurt his groin. It certainly didn't occur on the fourth quarter interception.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
One thing you can never do is question a player's injuries.

JR Richard was dogging it too.

2much2soon

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really believes DM didn't have the sports hernia it just seemed really cheap that it seemed to "hurt" him worse after the int. I think many of us have noticed him acting hurt after a bad play enough to question this particular situation.