Looks like McNabb's finished...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
2much2soon said:
I don't think anyone really believes DM didn't have the sports hernia it just seemed really cheap that it seemed to "hurt" him worse after the int. I think many of us have noticed him acting hurt after a bad play enough to question this particular situation.

How is it "acting" if he's now being advised to have surgery?

Why do folks refuse to believe that the James hit on him actually hurt?

It didn't look like a bad hit -- however, it doesn't take much to make a hernia hurt like crazy.

One of the symptoms of a hernia is pain that is worse with sudden movements -- hitting the turf awkwardly is consistent with that. These things can get worse if you cough too hard or sneeze -- getting knocked down and falling like McNabb did is totally consistent with his condition.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
It certainly didn't occur on the fourth quarter interception.

How do you know? :rolleyes:

This line of questioning is stupid. You're not in McNabb's body so you can't certainly know anything.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc said:
But I thought McNabb was faking!!!!

All of you on the board who slammed those of us who said he wasn't faking need to stand up and say you were wrong.

I'm waiting -- Mr. JamesWoods -- We'll start with you.
Out of morbid curiosity, what will this solve for you?

kmd24

Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
Nobody said he didn't have a sports hernia. I personnally wondered when in Monday night's game he hurt his groin. It certainly didn't occur on the fourth quarter interception.

There was a run he made on the last Eagles scoring drive on a 3rd and 7 from the Dallas 49. McNabb gained 8 yards and the first down but was pushed out of bounds and to the ground by Shanle. Looked like he got up gingerly after that play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc said:
It will make me feel better about posting so much.
You don't post that much.

Just never seen you call out someone like that. Seems even stranger for a guy not on the team.

sillycon

Reaction score
abersonc said:
How is it "acting" if he's now being advised to have surgery?

Why do folks refuse to believe that the James hit on him actually hurt?

It didn't look like a bad hit -- however, it doesn't take much to make a hernia hurt like crazy.

One of the symptoms of a hernia is pain that is worse with sudden movements -- hitting the turf awkwardly is consistent with that. These things can get worse if you cough too hard or sneeze -- getting knocked down and falling like McNabb did is totally consistent with his condition.

I don't think anything's changed. If anything, the doctors prolly had the same opinion when they first diagnosed it. He just decided to play through it since he figured that's the best chance for them to make the playoffs. Since it would be very difficult for them to make it now, it makes that decision to have the surgery much easier.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I wish no injuries on any player. Its not the right thing to advocate or relish in after it has happened.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You don't post that much.

Just never seen you call out someone like that. Seems even stranger for a guy not on the team.

I just think it is classless for folks to say a great player is faking when he is hurt so badly that he needs season ending surgery. I argued that point late monday night and I'll continue to argue it. True fans should respect their opponents.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc said:
I just think it is classless for folks to say a great player is faking when he is hurt so badly that he needs season ending surgery. I argued that point late monday night and I'll continue to argue it. True fans should respect their opponents.
Understood. Just seemed strange.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
abersonc said:

All of you on the board who slammed those of us who said he wasn't faking need to stand up and say you were wrong.

I don't think anyone said he was faking..just that the extent of the injury had been exaggerated. I talked to several guys who had the injury, including one of my brothers, (who felt McNabb is either an absoute warrior or was shot with more pain killers than an escaped rhino in order to play, or the injury was simply not that severe.)

The docs put a little screen over these hernias, and the screens too can break thru the abdominal walls, and fairly easily with physical exertion.

If the injury was career threatening in its severity, no way would he have been out there over half a season.

I'm more concerned about AH's groin pull myself.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
abersonc said:

Doctors can be bought off.

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
What type of doctor was it, I wonder. Was it a shrink?

After last week, I think McNabb is mentally out of it.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
He was blowing chunks of Chunky soup after he flopped.
Maybe he was dancing too fast to Michael Jacks beat it.