Looks like the ND bubble is bursting

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'm proud of the way Notre Dame fought back after going down by 3 TDs.

Eventhough Stovall put up great numbers, I'm disappointed with how he played down the stretch. 2 drops and a sorry effort on the pass in the endzone in OT.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ND played a dang good game, and should be proud of the way they came back, they faltered atthe end but you know every good team has to lose......except USC:D:D:D

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Best game of this young season. They're only getting better. Finally a season where I can actually feel like they're going to be competitive. Golden Domer Homer...........

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Any day the overhyped domers lose is a great day.

That kind of loss is even more satisfying for haters like me. Just when domerfan thought his team would pull it out, the rug was pulled out from under him.

As the MSU players actions spoke louder than words when they planted their flag at the 50, that is the Spartans' house.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The Parcells coaching tree is going to get even bigger because after watching some of these Notre Dame games under Weiss, I fully expect him to return them to glory. Those tough academic admission standards are the only obstacle.

jay cee

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
The Parcells coaching tree is going to get even bigger because after watching some of these Notre Dame games under Weiss, I fully expect him to return them to glory. Those tough academic admission standards are the only obstacle.
A lot of people said the same thing when Willingham had them rolling early in his 1st season there.

I'm a Domer hater from way back. So I hope Weiss can't get it done. But they look real good so far.

It's much easier for me to say that after a loss. ;)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jay cee said:
A lot of people said the same thing when Willingham had them rolling early in his 1st season there.

I'm a Domer hater from way back. So I hope Weiss can't get it done. But they look real good so far.

It's much easier for me to say that after a loss. ;)

Yeah, things looked promising under Willingham in his first year, that's for sure. I don't really keep up with recruiting outside of the Big 12, but I thought I heard or read somewhere that Weiss in his first year already had a better recruiting class than any of Willingham's past years. So if it's true, at least they're bringing in some fresh blood. I watched an ESPN show on Weiss, and how he had the players even practicing the pre-game ceremonies so that nothing in next week's game would seem out of place. Talk about leaving no stone unturned. This guy has the same blood that Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin, and others have used for success.

jay cee

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Yeah, things looked promising under Willingham in his first year, that's for sure. I don't really keep up with recruiting outside of the Big 12, but I thought I heard or read somewhere that Weiss in his first year already had a better recruiting class than any of Willingham's past years. So if it's true, at least they're bringing in some fresh blood. I watched an ESPN show on Weiss, and how he had the players even practicing the pre-game ceremonies so that nothing in next week's game would seem out of place. Talk about leaving no stone unturned. This guy has the same blood that Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin, and others have used for success.
Dang TruBlue, I hate to hear that. I wanted Willingham to do well, because I know that the better he would do, it would open more doors for other worthy Black candidates.

But I really hated rooting for Notre Dame. Even how quickly the polls jumped them up when they had that winning streak that year.

Texas33

Reaction score
But I really hated rooting for Notre Dame. Even how quickly the polls jumped them up when they had that winning streak that year.
ome more win and they woulda jumped both Texas and USC and woulda had there own poll.....they are an average team mothing more....

jimmy40

Reaction score
Texas33 said:

ome more win and they woulda jumped both Texas and USC and woulda had there own poll.....they are an average team mothing more....
Notr Dame should have to be in a conference to have any chance at a BCS game. Period.

jimmy40

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Having your own network and not having to share any money with conference members more than makes up for any acedemic standards, but hey it's Notre Dame, there's always an excuse.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Gee Rack, nice comeback.

As Jimmy wrote, Notre Dame always has an excuse.

So that's just ND, huh?

They gave MSU 7 points on the INT and lost 7 points when they fumbled at the goalline. Those aren't excuses, they're facts.

ND showed a lot of heart coming back from 21 down.