Looks like those wanting another loss get their wish

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No Tyron Smith = likely loss

Run game suffers with Bell at LT
Pass game suffers with Bell/Green at LT

No way, even with help, that we handle that pass rush with these bums at LT. If you help him, the blitz comes away from help and has Dak running immediately.

Only chance for victory would be a great run game and great defense. I’m still hoping for victory...looks more like 8-8 without Smith. You can help all you want...it won’t work because the more you help in the same spot, the worst the protection will be.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

No way, even with help, that we handle that pass rush with these bums at LT. If you help him, the blitz comes away from help and has Dak running immediately.

Only chance for victory would be a great run game and great defense. I’m still hoping for victory...looks more like 8-8 without Smith. You can help all you want...it won’t work because the more you help in the same spot, the worst the protection will be.

Jason Garrett is not looking for wins.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If no Tyron equals a likely loss against a team looking ahead to the playoffs in a meaningless game for them and us, playing with their backup QB, then we’re a long way from being a contending team.

tm1119

Reaction score

Brandon Graham is out and I doubt vets like Flether Cox and Chris Long play much. We're like to see a lot of Vinny Curry, Dereck Barnett, and Beau Allen on their line this week. If the o line can't handle that with or without Tyron we're in real trouble.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Do you really think the eagles are going to play many of their starters?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
They will beat the Eagles in a meaningless game and attempt to prop themselves up with it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Philly is playing without their LT and franchise QB. If we can’t win a game they’re looking to mail in O wouldn’t be getting your hopes up for next season.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Philly is playing without their LT and franchise QB. If we can’t win a game they’re looking to mail in O wouldn’t be getting your hopes up for next season.

id rather we look at some players. Let all the rookies play.

canters

Reaction score
Philly has a better roster in most places than us. Sadly, they were left in a mess just 2 yrs ago but they know how to acquire talent.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Training camp and preseason games are for looking at players. We need to be looking at the players we’ll be counting on next season. Dak is a young QB and still needs more experience. We need to at least put some effort into having a winning season.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Are they healthy? Because according to Garrett, "everyone healthy is going to play." *Sigh*

Someone made a comment about not playing Rush to avoid a QB controversy and I can not deny that could be legit.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I keep hearing this.

Usually when teams talk about resting their starters its a few key positions. A QB. A RB. Maybe a star WR. But limitations of the 53 man roster and injured players means you can't simply "sit everyone" as I have seen claimed multiple times. This year and last.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t remember Philly mailing it in last season in week 17 but we did. Both teams have gone in opposite directions since.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Training camp and preseason games are for looking at players. We need to be looking at the players we’ll be counting on next season. Dak is a young QB and still needs more experience. We need to at least put some effort into having a winning season.

would you have said that after the first season?

and no TC and pre season are not regular season games, so again, id rather see what the rookies can do. You have no winning season nor was a winning season the goal this year, understand it, learn it, accept it.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Don't they have a 1st rd bye? If they do then I would expect their starters to play atleast half the game otherwise they would be idle for three weeks which would tend to make them more rusty than rested, especially since Foles only recently started playing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
would you have said that after the first season?

and no TC and pre season are not regular season games, so again, id rather see what the rookies can do. You have no winning season nor was a winning season the goal this year, understand it, learn it, accept it.

Say what again after the first season? Like I said you find out what the rookies can do in training camp and preseason. You need to understand it, learn it and accept that. We have a number of young players including our starting QB who needs to improve and Sunday is another opportunity for him and the others to get better. We have a rookie corner who will be playing because he’s earned the right to play. A winning season is always a goal because without one you’re pretty much guaranteed to miss the playoffs. We need to show some pride on Sunday and play to win.