Twitter: Looney out 2-3 weeks with MCL sprain

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Still holding out hope he gets it. McCarthy talking about he has been coming along gives me some hope, probably stupidly, LOL.
It just infuriates we went O line on that pick and I had to hear "blinking light" spew from jerrys stupid fact for a month after the draft. For the kid to be injured and now can't replace a bad o lineman. I wanted a safety in the 2nd round that draft and d line in the 3rd. this front office is trash.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really is a war of attrition.

At some point, the FO is gonna be forced to sign someone off the street. Unless they plan on dressing 5 offensive lineman on game day and praying...

With this staff, you never know.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And Looney's days as the starter are done. From Moore's comments it sounds like they just had no sense of how Biadasz would handle the line calls since they hadn't seen it but it is now clear that he can handle them.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah I’d love to see him.

Martin to tackle is the best long term move for this season.

Really the only argument against Martin to tackle this year is that he's an all pro guard but only a pro bowl RT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
should have started the season. Looney is bad.

Coaches like to go with veterans if its close since rookie's heads are still swimming some, especially with an abbreviated preseason. However, the advantage of going with the rookie is that he can grow in the role while Looney is what he is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The line going forward should be Smith, Williams (damn you McGovern), Biadasz, Martin, Knight

I agree, with the caveat that we should switch Martin and Knight if Knight has any trouble as the starting right tackle. (Frankly, if we had Collins, I'd be pushing for Knight to start in Williams' spot because I think he might be the better player at guard.)

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nothing against looney, but I hope he doesn't come back to a starting job. Huge opportunity for the rookie C

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I don’t know why McGovern doesn’t get a chance. Put him at guard and move Martin to tackle.
I would go with Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin, Knight until Knight proves he can't handle it. This upgrades our C AND LG. Knight has not yet proved that he cannot handle the RT position. Also, this assumes that McGovern is actually good which I have seen nothing in 2 years to suggest this. :angry:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
should have started the season. Looney is bad.
Looney is what he is and more valuable as a multi position backup.

This was bound to happen sooner or later.

I think we all see Badass is the first installment of rebuilding the OL.

A good thing.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Knowing this team they would have rolled Looney all year without the injury