Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | 2nd Half Thread *** No Dak posts! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I haven’t been around much and haven’t jumped into the Lance waters but I’ve seen enough to think with continued work he could be something

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Being able to run is a nice weapon for a QB when a QB can at least show he can also have the ability to pick apart a defense with his arm. But running the ball should not be a complete replacement for a QB because he is struggling to throw or has problems more times than not moving the ball downfield through the air. I would hope the Cowboys offensive coaching staff and QB coaches don't encourage Lance to always rely on his feet and that he never has to develop better throwing skills just because he can run the ball.

This does him no favors and the Cowboys offense long term no favors. Because all DCs are going to do is focus on shutting down running lanes and force Lance to prove he can beat them with his arm on a consistent basis.
Being able to run is a nice weapon, but you’re not going to win consistently if a QB can’t throw the ball consistently. This is why the Bears gave up on Justin Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.