Loser Head Coach Poll

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
He was on a team that won a SB but he wasn't the reason they won.
I think it would be difficult to prove that he wasn't a reason they won.

A lot of coaches benefit from the talent that is there on their team... that doesn't make them "losers" or "failures."

Reaction score
i didn't really think that gailey did all that bad a job. he just couldn't get hte key players all on teh same page at the same time.

i.e. troy didn't buy in...

doomsday81

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I don't think he was around long enough to get his NFL legs under him to the point that we saw his best.

Not many come in and learn everything there is to know about coaching in the NFL in two seasons.

I think he was a good coach at both levels, maybe not in the mold of what we think of when we think of NFL HC, but I think he came into a very difficult situation and did well with it.

And we all know he was a great college coach.

A lot of people can be great college coaches when they break over 100 NCAA rules. I love it how you fans always forget to point that one little piece of information out. Tough to win in college when you cheat like hell. Just ask Jerry Tarkanian.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
A lot of people can be great college coaches when they break over 100 NCAA rules. I love it how you fans always forget to point that one little piece of information out. Tough to win in college when you cheat like hell. Just ask Jerry Tarkanian.
I didn't know Switzer broke over 100 NCAA rules.

Got a link ?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I didn't know Switzer broke over 100 NCAA rules.

Got a link ?
He didn't. As far as I recall, the probation came from the fact that he ran a loose ship and some of the players ran wild around campus getting into all sorts of trouble. If anything, it's amazing they did as well as they did... it's not like the violations gave them a competitive advantage.