Loser mentality

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Sorry I am done with this team. It could be just the philosophy of the coaches. The players.

It's the mentality of the offensive coaching staff surely. Possibly the headcoach. Maybe it's the
leftover players of old. IDK

Step off the gas with a small lead. Losers do this. Championship teams
step on the opponents neck.

I'm with Dez. Why is he on the sidelines for 3 plays with a minute left and you
win the game with 10 yards and a 1st? You don't play for the win? Don't you want at least a
threat of a pass?

The defense gave the offense how many turnovers? 4?

How many games like this have they lost over the last 8 years with this approach?

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Another "im done with this team" post.

It sucks but life goes on. You know youre not going anywhere.
Fortunate that the division blows. Missing 3 key players.

Give it time. I was raging hard for a few minutes.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
When Dez is on the sideline on 3rd and 14, you know they're playing for the a FG that matters little. Knowing that Detroit has the ability to pick up big chunks of yards, you need a killer instinct to shove the ball down their throats. I'd rather they lose being aggressive, than know that they played it safe and STILL lost the game.

I am NOT done with this team. I never will be. But I get why Dez is frustrated.

ologan

Reaction score
Well, if you're truly done with the team, then thankfully you haven't invested any more time than you had to here.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
lol....another done with this team comment. I wish people who said that would go through with it and leave for good. Take that loser attitude with you and stay gone since you're done.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry I am done with this team. It could be just the philosophy of the coaches. The players.

It's the mentality of the offensive coaching staff surely. Possibly the headcoach. Maybe it's the
leftover players of old. IDK

I'm with Dez. Why is he on the sidelines for 3 plays with a minute left and you
win the game with 10 yards and a 1st? You don't play for the win? Don't you want at least a
threat of a pass?

The defense gave the offense how many turnovers? 4?

How many games like this have they lost over the last 8 years with this approach?

Do you have any jerseys or anything you wanna give me?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I think people misconstrue when people say they are "done with this team". Perhaps the OP should say what I have said for years now...."I am numb to this situation"

Because the truth is....we are who we THOUGHT we were...the record, the stats, and the FACTS do not lie. We are a mediocre outfit. We have more 3 points or less losses since Garrett took over than any other team in the NFL. We did what we always DO! So again, I am NUMB to it!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

I've never said or felt, nor will I ever say or feel, that I'm numb to or done with this franchise.

That's a chump way of thinking as far as I'm concerned. People who say those kinds of things are exactly the kind of guys I wouldn't have wanted playing on my football team.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

I've never said or felt, nor will I ever say or feel, that I'm numb to or done with this franchise.

That's a chump way of thinking as far as I'm concerned. People who say those kinds of things are exactly the kind of guys I wouldn't have wanted playing on my football team.
You did not read what I said carefully. I did not say I was numb to this TEAM...I said I was numb to this SITUATION. The culture in Dallas is clouded. It starts at the TOP. And when the owner/GM are the same person...the culture in Dallas will always be clouded. I know one day God will call Jerry home...and my hope was that his son would do the obvious thing. But the more I watch and listen to his son...I get the feeling we will be in for more of the same. Jerry truly believes in his ability at picking coaches and players. And truly believes that changing coaches/players will fix what is wrong in Dallas. How long has that NOT worked out?

I sometimes wonder if Cowboy fans really grasp that we have only won ONE playoff game in 18 years. I don't think that has really sunk in. And I have to get Jerry credit for that. The one thing he is good at is marketing. And Jerry has found a way to sell EVERYTHING but winning. From sold out concerts, to boxing matches, to college basketball games, to beer, pizza, wings, lingerie....because of this he/we stay relevant is SOME capacity. Until Cowboy nation...Cowboy fans that fell in love with this franchise LONG before we even knew who Jerry Jones was...until we stop BUYING what he is selling. Nothing will change!

Jerry is running an ENTERTAINMENT empire. And the football team is the sports arm of his ENTERTAINMENT empire. And we do just enough winning...and losing in spectacular fashion...to stay on the front page of the news.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry I am done with this team.
Meaning what, exactly? You clearly weren't done with them when you wrote this post. Did you mean, "I am done with them right after this?"

Super Bowl: Ravens have a five point lead. They run three times and take an intentional safety. The third down play happened with 56 seconds left. The difference? No holding penalty.
NFC Championship Game. SF has a small lead. They run three times and punt. The third down play happened with one minute left. The difference? No holding penalty.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You did not read what I said carefully. I did not say I was numb to this TEAM...I said I was numb to this SITUATION. The culture in Dallas is clouded. It starts at the TOP. And when the owner/GM are the same person...the culture in Dallas will always be clouded. I know one day God will call Jerry home...and my hope was that his son would do the obvious thing. But the more I watch and listen to his son...I get the feeling we will be in for more of the same. Jerry truly believes in his ability at picking coaches and players. And truly believes that changing coaches/players will fix what is wrong in Dallas. How long has that NOT worked out?

I sometimes wonder if Cowboy fans really grasp that we have only won ONE playoff game in 18 years. I don't think that has really sunk in. And I have to get Jerry credit for that. The one thing he is good at is marketing. And Jerry has found a way to sell EVERYTHING but winning. From sold out concerts, to boxing matches, to college basketball games, to beer, pizza, wings, lingerie....because of this he/we stay relevant is SOME capacity. Until Cowboy nation...Cowboy fans that fell in love with this franchise LONG before we even knew who Jerry Jones was...until we stop BUYING what he is selling. Nothing will change!

Jerry is running an ENTERTAINMENT empire. And the football team is the sports arm of his ENTERTAINMENT empire. And we do just enough winning...and losing in spectacular fashion...to stay on the front page of the news.

Personally I fell in love with this team when they we losers. 3-13 and 1-15 back to back years when I actually got into football to be exact.

Ive seen the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. So maybe that's why I realise it's all part of football and I don't dwell on things that aren't in my control and just root for my team instead.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Personally I fell in love with this team when they we losers. 3-13 and 1-15 back to back years when I actually got into football to be exact.

Ive seen the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. So maybe that's why I realise it's all part of football and I don't dwell on things that aren't in my control and just root for my team instead.
okay. I am probably a little older than you. I am 42. Been a fan since the 70s. And we have NEVER been through a stretch of futlility like we are going through right now. 1 playoff win in 17+ years. ONE! I mean think about that!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Meaning what, exactly? You clearly weren't done with them when you wrote this post. Did you mean, "I am done with them right after this?"

Super Bowl: Ravens have a five point lead. They run three times and take an intentional safety. The third down play happened with 56 seconds left. The difference? No holding penalty.
NFC Championship Game. SF has a small lead. They run three times and punt. The third down play happened with one minute left. The difference? No holding penalty.
Question for you. And I admit none of us KNOW. But do you think the head coach...understanding that this is NOT Emmit Smith running the football. Understanding that this is a 4th string RB. Do you think he or the RBs coach reminded the team before they took the field on what the strategy was. That bouncing the ball outside is a no-no. Do you think the QB...sensing the situation...reminded the team in the huddle that we cannot have any penalties. We cannot fumble. We cannot go out of bounds. I mean when you think about what we are trying to get done. The way to avoid all of that was run it up the middle. Which is what the play was designed to do. But do you think the leaders on the team at least reminded the inexperienced players what we were trying to accomplish? Just curious.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I am done with them too. Now leave me alone while I cry pout and wipe the tears off my face and keyboard as I hope somebody will help me. Basically "I am done" is a pathetic loser that believes this forum can console him. Well stand up young man I am here and even better the Vikings have just touched down in DFW