Video: Love Dan Quinn - I think he’s the real deal

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dude's pretty genuine.
You have to appreciate that.

I like the hands-on approach, his immediate personal connection to the players and his infectious persona.

The players saying this D is night and day from last year...

I think this D may surprise.
I’d sure want to play for him.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Quinn is an upgrade over Nolan.
Training camp is an upgrade over no training camp.
Diggs, Gallimore, LVE, Lawrence and Gregory will have an upgrade in productivity.
Opponents had better get ready.
Something wicked this way comes! :flagwave:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dan Quinn does seem more involved on the practice field. He talks well at pressers, seems to have a plan that he is passionate about. How all that translates to player performance remains to be seen. The defensive players do seem to want to play for him. I guess we'll see soon enough.

cowboyed

Reaction score
This might mean more if you didn't also love Jerry's farts, Dak's bowel movements, and Zeke's burps.

I hope Quinn is all that, this team sure needs something, but your love's so blind that it means nothing.

No worries, there is no shortage of antacids, activated charcoal, proper diet and eating self-help books, and Cologard kits.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So much is made about how much better this D should be coz new and/or improved players but I've said many times, HE will be the real reason behind any significant improvement.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It’s almost all about the talent on defense with the players and how hard the players work and want it. Defensive coordinator scheme is way down the list.

Good players work in any scheme. Even the best scheme won’t work if the players stink, or if the players freelance.

Last year too many players stunk and freelanced and just didn’t want it. Why did players stink? A lot of that was 1) injury to starters early and 2) Lawrence and Jaylon having little impact.

Quinn’s defenses in Atlanta stunk when he was HC. I guess the DC gets the blame, just like Nolan got the blame instead of McCarthy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I really enjoy and appreciate Quinn's attention to detail and his ability to communicate those things. I'm especially gratified to see I'm not the only one who's experiencing a fondness for Quinn. I can't help but to think the players feel much the same and will buy into his methods and schemes in a very positive manner.

I'd be taken by surprise if this year's version of the Dallas defense isn't quite significantly improved. It may take some time for it to become especially obvious but I'm quite willing to wait for the good things to become obvious. Here's hoping the offense responds admirably, also. If the defense improves as well as expected, things will surely be looking up. :)

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Compared to 7 years with Marinelli and then 1 with Nolan? They were a joke! Welcome aboard DQ.

Mannix

Reaction score
I liked him until he came out and tried to convince everyone how good Jaclyn has been playing. Hey, we "watched the film"...aka...TV's Bloopers, Practical Jokes, and Sleds.