Love in the locker room

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I just don't understand why players complaining is considered any kind of big deal (other than ESPN trying to drum up ratings).

I don't think there has ever been a team where no player on it complained about their role or something along that line. On the Cowboys alone, we've had times when Michael Irvin complained, Emmitt Smith complained, Alvin Harper complained, etc., on Super Bowl-winning teams. Part of that comes from competitiveness, part from an ego borne from being among the best and considering yourself among the best at your position.

Plaxico Burress has been complaining since the moment he got in the league, and that didn't stop New York from winning the Super Bowl.

Good teams leave the complaints where they belong, in the locker room. And when they are on the field, they do what is necessary to win.

I know that because it is Owens, it's a big deal to the media. But all this talk about complaints is just nonsense until it can be shown there is a correlation between a player complaining about his role and the team losing. It's just really not worth caring about ... other being irritated at ESPN for trying to stir up controversy.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
gimmesix;2482256 said:
I just don't understand why players complaining is considered any kind of big deal (other than ESPN trying to drum up ratings).

I don't think there has ever been a team where no player on it complained about their role or something along that line. On the Cowboys alone, we've had times when Michael Irvin complained, Emmitt Smith complained, Alvin Harper complained, etc., on Super Bowl-winning teams. Part of that comes from competitiveness, part from an ego borne from being among the best and considering yourself among the best at your position.

Plaxico Burress has been complaining since the moment he got in the league, and that didn't stop New York from winning the Super Bowl.

Good teams leave the complaints where they belong, in the locker room. And when they are on the field, they do what is necessary to win.

I know that because it is Owens, it's a big deal to the media. But all this talk about complaints is just nonsense until it can be shown there is a correlation between a player complaining about his role and the team losing. It's just really not worth caring about ... other being irritated at ESPN for trying to stir up controversy.

Shhhhh...some people here think that well-run teams have players sitting around singing kumbaya.