Love Roy, but I think we would

rags747

Reaction score
be better with moving Hamlin to SS and Watkins to FS fulltime. We would have better coverage with those two starting I think. When is the last time Roy actually provided a knock out blow, 2 yrs? Could we even get a 2nd rounder for him at this point? Probably a 3rd. So sad...

superpunk

Reaction score
What exactly did Roy do wrong today?

I think we'd be better off if our starters didnt include Reeves and Jones, and our front seven played better.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I honestly believe Roy would play better without those lame sleeves. Yes, I know the story behind it, but dude needs to try something different. It's a shame how far he's fell off.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
rags747;1709413 said:
be better with moving Hamlin to SS and Watkins to FS fulltime. We would have better coverage with those two starting I think. When is the last time Roy actually provided a knock out blow, 2 yrs? Could we even get a 2nd rounder for him at this point? Probably a 3rd. So sad...

i like roy too..

but he needs a biscuit..

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
we're stuck with Roy since he's vastly overpaid and hence untradeable.

drafting his replacement should be of utmost importance to avoide a repeat of last Nov/Dec and games like today.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
He's been blitzing more than ever, but he never sheds off the blockers. He runs into them and calls it a day.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1709447 said:
Keith Davis sucks at FS, he's a natural SS

horrible idea

His post said Watkins at FS and Hamlin at SS.

From my point of view, at least Roy didn't make a mistake today, usually that is why you notice safeties. Of course, he didn't make any noticeable plays today either.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1709479 said:
i thought roy played pretty well today. newman stunk it up though
Just because he didn't get beat doesn't mean he played well. A game changing play would have been nice. Is that too much to ask from your "Pro Bowl" Safety?

superpunk

Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1709511 said:
Just because he didn't get beat doesn't mean he played well. A game changing play would have been nice. Is that too much to ask from your "Pro Bowl" Safety?

When do we cut Newman?

Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1709511 said:

How many pro bowl players have made plays against the Patriots this year? Answer that question and kill yourself. Nah, just playing.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Let me say this about Roy and i'm not a Roy basher. I'd like to see Roy make a difference. Great players are not invisible at all, they are all over the place causing havoc on the field.

To me, he's a good SS, but he's not a stand out player and he's getting paid like one. Cut his salary, and then i'd be happy with his production.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1709427 said:
I honestly believe Roy would play better without those lame sleeves. Yes, I know the story behind it, but dude needs to try something different. It's a shame how far he's fell off.

There's a story? What's the story?

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;1709469 said:
His post said Watkins at FS and Hamlin at SS.

From my point of view, at least Roy didn't make a mistake today, usually that is why you notice safeties.

I don't know...he did double cover the LB coming out of the backfield and leave the TE open for the TD.

(But I'd challk that one up to those damn sleeves!)

Kangaroo

Reaction score
You realize watson burnt roy williams for a 28 yard game and Roy never made a play for the ball even though he could have

Roy also whiffed on a tackle to stop a 1st down when he came charging up field again

Roy sucks and needs to be benched

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
jackrussell;1709549 said:
I don't know...he did double cover the LB coming out of the backfield and leave the TE open for the TD.

(But I'd challk that one up to those damn sleeves!)

Kangaroo;1709552 said:
You realize watson burnt roy williams for a 28 yard game and Roy never made a play for the ball even though he could have

Roy also whiffed on a tackle to stop a 1st down when he came charging up field again

Roy sucks and needs to be benched

Hey now, I'm trying to be nice to Roy........you guys are screwing that up.