Low Carb Dieting/Working Out Question

BlindFaith

Reaction score
CATCH17;5081734 said:
This has actually been shown to not be that big of a deal when it comes to weight loss.

Look up Intermittent Fasting and see the results on that.

Meal timing doesn't really matter either. If you want to consume 2000 calories right before bed than it won't effect you any differently than consuming 2000 calories in 4 or 5 small meals through out the day.

All that matters is Calories in vs Calories out when losing weight.

Knowing how many calories you need to maintain your current weight is most of the battle. So if you need 2000 cals to maintain than 1,800 is a good place to start with your diet. Then when your weight loss stalls then you could increase exercise or drop that number by 100 cals to about 1,700.

I disagree. Protein (amino acids) lasts about 3 hours in the bloodstream. That is the fuel for muscle growth. If you are working out and building muscle you need that fuel to stay in your bloodstream. Building muscle is also key to weight loss as muscle burns more calories.

Also, long gaps between meals or eating only once a day will put your body into starvation mode, limiting the burning of calories. You also put your body into a highly catabolic state (muscle wasting).

Also, you are left hungry, which then can lead to binge eating or snacking on poor food choices.

I've done the 5 meals a day. If you count calories and plan out each meal accordingly, the weight will literally melt off.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BlindFaith;5081753 said:
I disagree. Protein (amino acids) lasts about 3 hours in the bloodstream. That is the fuel for muscle growth. If you are working out and building muscle you need that fuel to stay in your bloodstream. Building muscle is also key to weight loss as muscle burns more calories.

Also, long gaps between meals or eating only once a day will put your body into starvation mode, limiting the burning of calories. You also put your body into a highly catabolic state (muscle wasting).

Also, you are left hungry, which then can lead to binge eating or snacking on poor food choices.

I've done the 5 meals a day. If you count calories and plan out each meal accordingly, the weight will literally melt off.

Intermittent Fasting is proven and i've seen hundreds of people have success with it and the studies will back it up.

All you have to do is a little research and you will see that the whole meal timing and 4-5 meal stuff is just outdated information.

Does it work? Absolutely. But it doesn't give you any advantage over consuming all of your calories in 1 sitting.

For some people it's better to eat all their calories in 4-5 tiny meals. For others its better to eat all their calories in 1 sitting once a day.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
CATCH17;5081734 said:
This has actually been shown to not be that big of a deal when it comes to weight loss.

Look up Intermittent Fasting and see the results on that.

See http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151737633&page=1 for my response to Intermittent Fasting.

And hey, I've done the master clense for 15 days. Nothing to eat but maple syrup lemon water. I lost close to 20lbs. But there was no way I could work out and all the weight came back on over the next two weeks.