Loyalty has it's limitations

Creeper

Reaction score
Someone on Twitter posted something about whether Cowboys fans would leave the team and go become a fan of another team. Most of the answers were from people who were Cowboys fans for a long time. Some said they couldn't leave and root for another team. Many said they grew up Cowboys fans so it would be hard to leave. I feel the same way, but that only applies to rooting for another team. I will never become a fan of the Giants or some other NFL team. More likely, I would just quit the NFL altogether. I used to be a big NY Yankees fan, probably bigger than I am a Cowboys fan. But I lost interest in them, and baseball. Now I don't watch MLB or follow it at all. I don't think I could name 2 players on the Yankees roster. I can see myself getting to that point with the NFL is things continue down the road the Cowboys are on, and the NFL. But there is no chance I could root for another NFL team.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Is he talking about players and owner or teams and fans?
No joke. Poster is obviously referring to fans and their team, but I think even though the players feel entitled and play soft and it’s part of the culture problem, you can see the same issue with the ownership and free agent signing. More than one free agent since the Super Bowl dynasty days has made a comment that the Cowboys felt entitled and as if they should sign with them just because they are the Cowboys. And every year we see that same story about how the Cowboys are just waiting on the phones for people to call them. Jones Boys need to get an updated picture. Netflix may be making a documentary about the ‘hey days‘ but all these young players today were raised as Patriots, Eagles, Packers, Chiefs and other fans. If there even is some type of hometown affiliation. Don’t believe me? Look no further than #11‘s constant comments about the Eagles.

anava

Reaction score
No joke. Poster is obviously referring to fans and their team, but I think even though the players feel entitled and play soft and it’s part of the culture problem, you can see the same issue with the ownership and free agent signing. More than one free agent since the Super Bowl dynasty days has made a comment that the Cowboys felt entitled and as if they should sign with them just because they are the Cowboys. And every year we see that same story about how the Cowboys are just waiting on the phones for people to call them. Jones Boys need to get an updated picture. Netflix may be making a documentary about the ‘hey days‘ but all these young players today were raised as Patriots, Eagles, Packers, Chiefs and other fans. If there even is some type of hometown affiliation. Don’t believe me? Look no further than #11‘s constant comments about the Eagles.
I was having this convo with my son yesterday. He was wondering when the shine falls off the Cowboys. He is 20 and never seen the Cowboys relevant. So we have a whole generation going up and not experiencing what a lot of us saw in the 90s and our parents saw in the 70s. The frustration with the team feels different this year.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I was having this convo with my son yesterday. He was wondering when the shine falls off the Cowboys. He is 20 and never seen the Cowboys relevant. So we have a whole generation going up and not experiencing what a lot of us saw in the 90s and our parents saw in the 70s. The frustration with the team feels different this year.
Yep, the younger folks in my family only think of the Cowboys as a joke franchise. Hey, I can't fault them for reaching the right conclusion based on the evidence they have.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
My loyalty is to the team. That will never change. What will change is what that means. Do I expect to compete for championships? Of course not I am not insane. Do I expect management to be dedicated to winning? Of course not I am not a fool. Do I expect a good show? 100%. Do I expect foolishness and stupidity and entertainment? You bet I do.

I will watch Sam Williams and I will be entertained by his failure. Just as I was entertained by Gregory and Bossmanfat.

I will watch Parsons get rich and flame out and I will be entertained by his demise. Just as I was entertained by fat Zeke and moron Dez.

I do not support the team. They do not need my support. I follow them closely like I would a TV series or a traveling side show.

Rally

Reaction score
Someone on Twitter posted something about whether Cowboys fans would leave the team and go become a fan of another team. Most of the answers were from people who were Cowboys fans for a long time. Some said they couldn't leave and root for another team. Many said they grew up Cowboys fans so it would be hard to leave. I feel the same way, but that only applies to rooting for another team. I will never become a fan of the Giants or some other NFL team. More likely, I would just quit the NFL altogether. I used to be a big NY Yankees fan, probably bigger than I am a Cowboys fan. But I lost interest in them, and baseball. Now I don't watch MLB or follow it at all. I don't think I could name 2 players on the Yankees roster. I can see myself getting to that point with the NFL is things continue down the road the Cowboys are on, and the NFL. But there is no chance I could root for another NFL team.
I've been a fan for over 60 years. No other team interests me. I'm just not getting excited about the team until I see something done that proves to me that their trying to win instead of just being relevant

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I went to 13 straight Yankee opening games in the Bronx during the Donny baseball years. Had to miss 1996 because of a business trip I couldn't move to Europe.

Of course they started their "Jeter" string of World Series wins that year and I decided I was the jinx. Never went again to a home opener.

I've also lost interest, maybe go to 1 game/year and never watch on TV anymore, sometimes some highlights the next day on my computer.

Actually looking forward the the new UFL coming up soon.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
ntil I see something done that proves to me that their trying to win instead of just being relevant

nice post!

kwcool619

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboys fan for life. I am not fond of the current culture of this organization. Here in L.A., the NFL gives us Chargers, Rams, 49ers, and sometimes Raiders, and I watch a good part of the games. But not enough for me to jump ship.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
My loyalty is to the team. That will never change. What will change is what that means. Do I expect to compete for championships? Of course not I am not insane. Do I expect management to be dedicated to winning? Of course not I am not a fool. Do I expect a good show? 100%. Do I expect foolishness and stupidity and entertainment? You bet I do.

I will watch Sam Williams and I will be entertained by his failure. Just as I was entertained by Gregory and Bossmanfat.

I will watch Parsons get rich and flame out and I will be entertained by his demise. Just as I was entertained by fat Zeke and moron Dez.

I do not support the team. They do not need my support. I follow them closely like I would a TV series or a traveling side show.
Pretty healthy, actually

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I will never not love the Dallas Cowboys. I will always hate Jerry Jones and his entire family for keeping my beloved team from winning. It's not that we are a bad team. We are a team that could have won multiple Super Bowls in the last decade if only we had a FO that cared about winning. We ARE likely heading towards being a bad team now, and who knows when the next window will open.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I can’t quit/stop my fandom of the team.

That said, this is really the first time in my life I’ve thought to myself how much I can’t stand Jerry and Stephen; a genuine sport “hatred” for them.
I 100% understand the first sentence-- can't stop caring.

I also 100% agree with the 2nd sentence.

But what exactly is the team now, if not just an extension of Jerry and Stephen's ego?

As a guy in his mid 30s, that's what I've wrestled with the last few years. And I'm just done rooting for those two clowns.