Loyalty has it's limitations

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Someone on Twitter posted something about whether Cowboys fans would leave the team and go become a fan of another team. Most of the answers were from people who were Cowboys fans for a long time. Some said they couldn't leave and root for another team. Many said they grew up Cowboys fans so it would be hard to leave. I feel the same way, but that only applies to rooting for another team. I will never become a fan of the Giants or some other NFL team. More likely, I would just quit the NFL altogether. I used to be a big NY Yankees fan, probably bigger than I am a Cowboys fan. But I lost interest in them, and baseball. Now I don't watch MLB or follow it at all. I don't think I could name 2 players on the Yankees roster. I can see myself getting to that point with the NFL is things continue down the road the Cowboys are on, and the NFL. But there is no chance I could root for another NFL team.
I could never root for another team. Too much time and energy invested into the Cowboys and passion. But after almost 3 decades of this garbage and it’s making me become more of a casual fan. No longer will Sundays be must watch and cancel everything. I can’t invest my time into owners who only care about a money grab. I mean at some point you would think the Jones idiots would realize they need to take winning seriously instead of always worrying about their generational wealth to keep the fans invested.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I was having this convo with my son yesterday. He was wondering when the shine falls off the Cowboys. He is 20 and never seen the Cowboys relevant. So we have a whole generation going up and not experiencing what a lot of us saw in the 90s and our parents saw in the 70s. The frustration with the team feels different this year.
I would argue that if you were born in the exact years of 1988-1992 and are a Cowboy fan you have had the absolute worst luck. You see, when your son was 6 years old the Cowboys were 15 years removed from winning anything. The only reason for him to like the Cowboys is mainly because of you or living in Dallas.

When someone born in 1990 was 6 years old the Cowboys just won a SB and in 1st grade at recess everyone pretended to be Troy Aikman & Michael Irvin. It was cool to like the Cowboys because well, they just ran off 3 SBs in the decade. Things were looking good. Here is the problem however, nobody remembers a single thing when they are 6 years old, especially a NFL Superbowl. So in a round about way, if you were born before 1988 or after 1992 you have either no reason to root for the Cowboys or have seen them win many SB's. If you were born in that 4 year window you got absolutely terrible luck.

Want to know what else happened to a lot of kids born in 1990. They also rooted for Michael Jordan and the Bulls.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm loyal (even though they've given me no reason to be loyal) to them, but it's becoming increasingly toxic to me of late.

JBS

Reaction score
Someone on Twitter posted something about whether Cowboys fans would leave the team and go become a fan of another team. Most of the answers were from people who were Cowboys fans for a long time. Some said they couldn't leave and root for another team. Many said they grew up Cowboys fans so it would be hard to leave. I feel the same way, but that only applies to rooting for another team. I will never become a fan of the Giants or some other NFL team. More likely, I would just quit the NFL altogether. I used to be a big NY Yankees fan, probably bigger than I am a Cowboys fan. But I lost interest in them, and baseball. Now I don't watch MLB or follow it at all. I don't think I could name 2 players on the Yankees roster. I can see myself getting to that point with the NFL is things continue down the road the Cowboys are on, and the NFL. But there is no chance I could root for another NFL team.
It’s literally impossible to switch teams and instantly be invested in the same manner in which we are invested here. We are screwed. Sure, for someone that is a casual fan, they can easily switch. That doesn’t apply to just about anyone on here.

bigE79

Reaction score
I've been a fan for over 60 years. No other team interests me. I'm just not getting excited about the team until I see something done that proves to me that their trying to win instead of just being relevant
50yrs for me,I will never root for another team but that doesn't mean my interest isn't starting to waiver,as each year goes by and as each year ends embarrassingly,I find myself caring less and less..never thought that could happen,but it is,sad but true.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Saw few Mahomes jerseys on 10 to 5yr old kids in Austin yesterday at local HEB. People mainly kids follow winners. Previously Brady and Pats now Mahomes.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
ERcygRn.jpeg

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I can’t quit/stop my fandom of the team.

That said, this is really the first time in my life I’ve thought to myself how much I can’t stand Jerry and Stephen; a genuine sport “hatred” for them.
Jerry is a despicable human being away from anything to do with the Cowboys. His ownership is the only reason people like him.

The amount of women he’s been with, people he runs with and suing his illegitimate daughter for not accepting what her mother took for Jerry to shut her up years ago.