LP Ladouceur Appreciation Thread

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's been a great long snapper, but I hate we have to use a roster spot soley for that position.

Practically all teams do. That is why you see players at the position hang around with the same team for a long time in most cases.

It is an important position to get right and not worry about. I still remember Trey Junkin.

conner01

Reaction score
Well did that for years with Hellastrea.

My spelling might be off but he had by far the best job in the NFL. He would just snap it and stand there.

He also played a position while LP doesn't. But I have no problem using a spot on a position that has cost teams games by not having a solid one

conner01

Reaction score
I can't tell if all the love for this guy is sarcasm. Not gonna lie, I could probably be an NFL long snapper. Probably one of the better ones at that.

It's a much harder job than some fans think. If it was so easy more players would learn the skill because it's the best job in the nfl, at least the safest.

FaSho

Reaction score
Not sure if some of you are joking or not, but real talk, LP is awesome! He deserves this thread!

I've never seen a bad snap from the guy, and he's the most consistent player on our team.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not sure if some of you are joking or not, but real talk, LP is awesome! He deserves this thread!

I've never seen a bad snap from the guy, and he's the most consistent player on our team.

Dan Bailey in terms of difficulty compared to snapping a football, I say Bailey is more consistent.

J_Allen

Reaction score
He also played a position while LP doesn't. But I have no problem using a spot on a position that has cost teams games by not having a solid one

What did he play? Wasn't he the 3rd center?

DTown214

Reaction score

I heard the water boy is pretty consistent too. Nobody ever goes thirsty at our practices.

FaSho

Reaction score
I heard the water boy is pretty consistent too. Nobody ever goes thirsty at our practices.

bobby-boucher.jpg

"Now that's what I call high quality H2O"

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
cant we put this guy in at center so we get tony an extra couple seconds before getting hit? lol

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I can't tell if all the love for this guy is sarcasm. Not gonna lie, I could probably be an NFL long snapper. Probably one of the better ones at that.

It's not sarcasm at all.

San Diego's longsnapper, per @Muhast, had two snaps in a game where he couldn't even get it to the punter without skipping it off the turf last season.

I'd like to see you be an NFL long snapper - what city do you live in? Lets get you a try out so you can put your money where your mouth is.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

LP plays a position - long snapper. He also has 16 career tackles on special teams.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Can we all just have a moment to discuss the elite, Hall of Fame career of our long snapper?

After playing the third game of the 2005 seasonagainst the San Francisco 49ers, the Cowboys decided to stay the entire week in California, to better prepare for their next game against the Oakland Raiders. Because of issues they were having with rookie long snapperJon Condo, the team decided to replace him with Ladouceur, who got a try out that week, in part because he was a local Bay Area player.[2] In his NFL debut against the San Francisco 49ers, he snapped cleanly on five punts and two field goals. He finished his rookie season with clean snaps on 70 punts, 25 field goalsand 28 PATs. (Source: Wikipedia)

Thanks for bringing back to sight some of the many contributors that give all of their hearts and skill on a week to week basis. Hey, this fan loves him some football players in the real world!