LSU vs. Clemson Game thread

uvaballa

Reaction score
So has Lawrence...... although Mr. Generational talent head 240 yards and 0 TDs in the championship game tonight.

I never said anything about Burrows I said Lawrence wasn't the best QB in the ACC this season. Imagine if Howell had first and second round receivers on his team what his numbers would look like. They already look better than Lawrence with late to undrafted guys.
We will get to see both next year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So has Lawrence...... although Mr. Generational talent head 240 yards and 0 TDs in the championship game tonight.

I never said anything about Burrows I said Lawrence wasn't the best QB in the ACC this season. Imagine if Howell had first and second round receivers on his team what his numbers would look like. They already look better than Lawrence with late to undrafted guys.

You had some of Burrow posters tonight saying they would offer the house, kitchen sink and whatever for Lawrence couple years ago.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Forgot they lost to Troy a few years ago. Definitely much improved.

MetalMike

Reaction score
What a game! We need to trade everyone and everything to get Joe Burrow. We could trade Zeke and draft Clyde Edwards-Hellaire, too. Cincy can even have the entire Jones family. Before anyone beats me up I know it will most likely never happen though. Go Cowboys and Geaux Tigers!

DFWJC

Reaction score

Lawrence was off after about midway through the 2nd quarter tonight.
Was odd. So rarely see him mis throws like that.

His torching of Bama last year theNC game was great though.
I think you underestimate him long term..

As for the the Tar heel QB, Howell; Mack definitely found his foundation to build on.
Future is bright at UNC

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tonight took a lot of sting out of LSU losing the 2012 National Championship for a Louisiana native like myself. Just an amazing season. Wow. And to think some folks here wanted to get rid of Coach O pretty quick. Guess it all worked out in the end. lol.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We will get to see both next year.
I have no clue if Howell will outplay Lawrence next season or not and I'm not going to claim it. What I was claiming is Howell was better this season than Lawrence.

I think Lawrence is a franchise QB and is really good but I do see flaws. When I see people saying Lawrence is some generational QB I believe that's excessive over hype. He might not even go first overall next season if he comes out, just like nobody was talking about Burrows this season. It was tank for Tua even after the season started.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lawrence was off after about midway through the 2nd quarter tonight.
Was odd. So rarely see him mis throws like that.

His torching of Bama last year theNC game was great though.
I think you underestimate him long term..

As for the the Tar heel QB, Howell; Mack definitely found his foundation to build on.
Future is bright at UNC
I don't underestimate Lawrence, I have stated that he looks to be a franchise QB and has been very good his first 2 seasons. What I won't do is go with the hype when a true freshman had better numbers than Lawrence this season with a much less talented team.

I agree, in another year or two UNC will be top 10 if Mack stays. They gave Clemson everything that could handle this season and would have won if they ran a better 2 point conversion. A ton of their games were very close and came down to OT or last minute

uvaballa

Reaction score
I have no clue if Howell will outplay Lawrence next season or not and I'm not going to claim it. What I was claiming is Howell was better this season than Lawrence.

I think Lawrence is a franchise QB and is really good but I do see flaws. When I see people saying Lawrence is some generational QB I believe that's excessive over hype. He might not even go first overall next season if he comes out, just like nobody was talking about Burrows this season. It was tank for Tua even after the season started.
Most college QBs are overhyped. It was tank for Tua last year. Burrow had one great season and now he’s going to be Tom Brady. They will struggle early in the NFL but hopefully they pan out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
LSU was easily the best team all year long.
Just a magical season for them.
They played an insanely tough schedule and bested it every week.
This title was well-earned.

Burrow is a bit older than usual and that maturity shined through.
He'll be pick 1 in Cincy and start next year.
He's a better prospect than Baker Mayfield but below some other recent QB1s.
Then again the NFL is stupid and let Pat Mahomes fall to 10 and Andy Reid while taking far lesser guys 1 overall recently.
Mahomes was throwing for 500 yards a week in college with no OL.

Lawrence has an accurate cannon. He's a long Payton Manning type dude and that means he will ave to work on his release.
Burrows is far quicker.
Lawrence will be fine and early, early pick when he declares.
But that is not my type of QB. He's very Carson Wentz and that build can struggle some.

Clemson had an insane run there. Gratz to them on that streak. They are a really good team that is very, very well coached.
They could use some tougher in season challenges to harden themselves before reaching the CFP.
Having Notre Dame next year will help.
And it's not their fault South Carolina has become a bottom feeder in the SEC. --except they keep recruiting all the best SC talent lol.
But the ACC is going to stay providing so many off weeks they really don;t need two additional soft targets each year.
They get zero from playing The Citadel or Akron.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tonight took a lot of sting out of LSU losing the 2012 National Championship for a Louisiana native like myself. Just an amazing season. Wow. And to think some folks here wanted to get rid of Coach O pretty quick. Guess it all worked out in the end. lol.
Coach O simply had to go find the right OC.
To a man every kid for 20 years that has played for him loves him.
If Brady gets stolen away he will need to back that hire up with another good coordinator but LSU has produced arguably the best collection of WRs in the NFL with a running based offense which should be criminal abuse of a roster.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I will take Lawrence over Burrows any day. Cincy beware.

The Bengals are on the line and would like to hire you in their office as VP of College Player-Mis- Evaluation. They have a long tradition that are trying to sustain.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach O simply had to go find the right OC.
It is a disgrace Les Miles did not do the same after winning a national championship. He also recruited some of the nation's (and Louisiana's) best talent and never evolved his stagnant offensive scheme.

Thank goodness Ed Oregeron learned how to look past how he coached previously. It netted him a championship.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Well, Burrow's reward for this historic season is to be drafted by the Bengals.

It's like a monkey's paw wish come true.