LSU WR D Byrd in intensive care

Woods

Reaction score
I saw it on gbnreport.com

LSU WR hurt in car accident... LSU WR Demetrius Byrd, a solid second tier prospect for this weekend's draft, is in the intensive care unit in a Miami hospital following a serious automobile yesterday.

RamziD

Reaction score
Woods;2737501 said:
I saw it on gbnreport.com

LSU WR hurt in car accident... LSU WR Demetrius Byrd, a solid second tier prospect for this weekend's draft, is in the intensive care unit in a Miami hospital following a serious automobile yesterday.

Wow, surprised there's no responses. My thoughts are with Byrd and his family. What an awful set of circumstances to happen right before the draft.

dmoore

Reaction score
I wonder what his options are? Honestly, I don't think anyones going to take him on Sunday. If he improves can he be taken in the supplemental draft? Awful situation. I don't know the facts behind it, but lets hope it wasn't his fault.

LSUCowboy

Reaction score
Here's an update:

LSU Assistant: “The Doctors Are Feeling Very Good About Demetrius’ Chances”

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 20, 2009, 11:09 p.m.
In the wake of LSU wide receiver Demetrius Byrd’s major car accident that has left him hospitalized in stable condition at Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital’s intensive care unit, the NFL draft prospect is now able to respond to people’s voices, squeeze hands and can blink on command, according to LSU receivers coach D.J. McCarthy.
“The doctors are feeling very good about Demetrius’ chances,” McCarthy told us in a telephone interview tonight. “He’s trying to open his eyes. The blessing is that he’s alive and he’s going to be okay.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

irvin4evs

Benched
Reaction score
Man, this sucks so much. I guess the hopes are that he can live normally more than play football again at this point.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
irvin4evs;2739019 said:
Man, this sucks so much. I guess the hopes are that he can live normally more than play football again at this point.

Amen. Best wishes to this kid.

LSUCowboy

Reaction score
Here is a picture of Byrd's car after the wreck that I'm pulling from another LSU blog.

att00186_medium.jpg

Kid is lucky to be alive.