<Insert Witty Name for Mock>

gmoney112

Reaction score
It's 630am and I'm procrastinating for a test so I'm going to mock instead. I'm leaving out FA's but I'm at least assuming we get Brandon Carr. I'm also assuming Decastro is gone but if he's on the board I think you take him immediately.

1. Dont'a Hightower LB ALABAMA. I think we can trade down, pick up an extra third, and still get him. He'll go well with what Rob likes to do on defense.

2. Jared Crick DE NEBRASKA. Relentless is one word I keep reading about him. Assignment sound. He isn't the best pass rusher in the world as a defensive end but I think his work ethic will propel him to be quite good in this league.

3. Amini Silatolu G MIDWESTERN STATE. We get our guard in the third. I'm not sure if he falls this far but I think he'd be be exceptional value here and could possibly start immediately.

3b. Brandon Boykin CB GEORGIA. Returner, could immediately come in and be a 4th CB. Carr/Jenkins/Scandrick/Boykin would be a pretty solid top 4 rotation at CB imo.

4. Ladarius Green TE LA-LAFEYETTE. I've got to admit I haven't seen much on this guy but giving Romo another downfield threat is always good to me. Has the potential to beat safeties and would be a massive mismatch on linebackers.

5. Phillip Blake C BAYLOR. Bye Costa.

6. Jerry Franklin ILB ARKANSAS. Tackling machine for the Razorbacks, could potentially come in and give us some good depth at ILB if he turns out to be serviceable.

I don't know much about the 5-7th rounders so I'm just going to stop here. I was torn on taking a CB in the 2nd and a DE in the third as well and I think we could just as easily flip flop, but this is my draft and I'll do what I want.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
gmoney112;4433834 said:
It's 630am and I'm procrastinating for a test so I'm going to mock instead. I'm leaving out FA's but I'm at least assuming we get Brandon Carr. I'm also assuming Decastro is gone but if he's on the board I think you take him immediately.

1. Dont'a Hightower LB ALABAMA. I think we can trade down, pick up an extra third, and still get him. He'll go well with what Rob likes to do on defense.

2. Jared Crick DE NEBRASKA. Relentless is one word I keep reading about him. Assignment sound. He isn't the best pass rusher in the world as a defensive end but I think his work ethic will propel him to be quite good in this league.

3. Amini Silatolu G MIDWESTERN STATE. We get our guard in the third. I'm not sure if he falls this far but I think he'd be be exceptional value here and could possibly start immediately.

3b. Brandon Boykin CB GEORGIA. Returner, could immediately come in and be a 4th CB. Carr/Jenkins/Scandrick/Boykin would be a pretty solid top 4 rotation at CB imo.

4. Ladarius Green TE LA-LAFEYETTE. I've got to admit I haven't seen much on this guy but giving Romo another downfield threat is always good to me. Has the potential to beat safeties and would be a massive mismatch on linebackers.

5. Phillip Blake C BAYLOR. Bye Costa.

6. Jerry Franklin ILB ARKANSAS. Tackling machine for the Razorbacks, could potentially come in and give us some good depth at ILB if he turns out to be serviceable.

I don't know much about the 5-7th rounders so I'm just going to stop here. I was torn on taking a CB in the 2nd and a DE in the third as well and I think we could just as easily flip flop, but this is my draft and I'll do what I want.

I question some of the slotting with guys going a little lower then I expect but I would take that draft and run like hell.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SDogo;4433846 said:
I question some of the slotting with guys going a little lower then I expect but I would take that draft and run like hell.

Agreed on all accounts.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
SDogo;4433846 said:

Ditto.