LTN mixing it up with Bolts fans

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta love Latuna. We should send her on scouting missions...

ndanger

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Gotta love Latuna. We should send her on scouting missions...
I would put her up against any body on any board any time and have fun watchin' her school 'em! :D Girls got skills!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=24077&page=1&pp=10

Very good discussion going on with LTN and ThunderStruck on this thread on the Bolts site. LTN comes in on post 25 on page 3. Very respectful discussion and good analysis, no smack talk (although this might disappoint some :D ).
Smack starting now..lol, but I am going to contain myself..til mid week, and then they do have a smack forum.

My finger tips are raw. Come help me out. :p:

PS Nice folks there. You can tell immediately it's not Philly.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ndanger said:
That was downright funny! :D :D :D :D
And since they've been so darn hospitable, I will spare them (for now) the ad nauseum, ad infinitum #83 regaling.

That's my secret weapon -- I know how much it makes folks want to put their hands over their ears and run for the hills. LOL

calico

Reaction score
good job LTN, I hope some of their fans make it over here for some good game talk...it is rare these days.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
And since they've been so darn hospitable, I will spare them (for now) the ad nauseum, ad infinitum #83 regaling.

That's my secret weapon -- I know how much it makes folks want to put their hands over their ears and run for the hills. LOL
I caught the "she" comment, but I'm sure many of them didn't. Prolly thought it was a typo. LOL

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Uhh...I was there first...wheres my D*** cookie?

J/k :) I mostly lurk over there until a cowboy thread comes up.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I went over and checked it out. They seem like very nice folks. Not too many of the Bolts fan participated, however. It was mostly a dicussion between LTN and Thunderstruck.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yeah she is doing well. Unfortunately, I can never be as nice as she is. I would end up being banned in three posts or less.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I went over and posted...and they change their tune when you don't throw rose petals at their feet.

I don't know that we are going to beat them, but I think they are in for a surprise this year. They were an unknown last year. They played a weak schedule. That isn't going to happen this year. If they win the division this year, I will be impressed.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke said:
I went over and posted...and they change their tune when you don't throw rose petals at their feet.

I don't know that we are going to beat them, but I think they are in for a surprise this year. They were an unknown last year. They played a weak schedule. That isn't going to happen this year. If they win the division this year, I will be impressed.
HUH?

Who's throwing "rose petals"?

I was trying to learn something - and there's plenty of time for chest pumping later this week, imo.

That site is also an "official" site - so the tolerance for tomfoolery won't be as high.

The guy I was talking with is a nice variety of homer, imo, but I was amazed to learn they put up so many early leads..makes sense that they'd then keep the ball away from you in the last half with LT.

I still don't think they're an 'elite' AFC team like New England, Indy, and Pitts...but the explanation of how Brees was dicing the short and mid field up has me worried....I dunno if our backers are going to be savvy enough with their assignments to handle that kind of attack. Then if they turn their backs on LT, it's over.

Their defense is nothing special, for sure. But the offense is more complex and the passing game more soild than I thought - with or without Gates.

We can beat them, certainly, but hopefully not by coming from behind.

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
HUH?

We can beat them, certainly, but hopefully not by coming from behind.

I think this game will be won or lost striaght up. What I mean by this is that I think the philosphy this year for Parcells will be to open the playbook wide open. The Cowboys often played from behind because of the limits imposed on what Parcells wanted to do with Quincy and Vinney in there. Now Parcells has "his guy" so to speak and the playbook will be wide open and more balanced with more options and imagination imo. Doesn't guarantee a win but I think we will see a less concervative approach.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
I think this game will be won or lost striaght up. What I mean by this is that I think the philosphy this year for Parcells will be to open the playbook wide open. The Cowboys often played from behind because of the limits imposed on what Parcells wanted to do with Quincy and Vinney in there. Now Parcells has "his guy" so to speak and the playbook will be wide open and more balanced with more options and imagination imo. Doesn't guarantee a win but I think we will see a less concervative approach.

Drederick, I think you're right. And Payton calling the plays has to lend itself to that possibility.

Tuna more than anything will want to eat up the clock with his runners, but you don't really win the time of possession game by failing to get into the endzone. If Drew has proven to him he is checking his reads the way Bill wants him to - from underneath to long, not vice versa, I don't see why Tuna wouldn't reward him with a complete playbook.

When Drew first signed on, several commentators mentioned Tuna would solve Drew's issues by having him read half the field...that summer that turned out to mean one half cut horizontally, not vertically.

But I just don't see that continuing into the regular season. Parcells isn't going to shoot himself in the foot that way.

I hope. ;)

Gent

Reaction score
Informative discussion over there. But that Thunderhead guy is still high off the fairy dust from their Cinderella season. They aren't really a 12-4 team and Gates being out is a major blow.

Still, I expect them to win. We haven't gotten all our moving parts synchronized yet. And those rookies will do something stupid. Bank on Ware springing LT for a spectacular gainer at some point.

-Gent